This is our Leader on Defense.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

This is our Leader on Defense.....

If this is the "Leader" of this defense, then its quite obvious why this team is having trouble.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20091211jerod_mayo_leads_in_silence_patriots_lb_plays_hard_wont_talk_about_injury/

I thought that it was VW job to lead by example and silence.

Who is gonna speak up?

Adalius Thomas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Re: This is our Leader on Defense.....

In Response to This is our Leader on Defense.....:
    [QUOTE]If this is the "Leader" of this defense, then its quite obvious why this team is having trouble. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20091211jerod_mayo_leads_in_silence_patriots_lb_plays_hard_wont_talk_about_injury/ I thought that it was VW job to lead by example and silence. Who is gonna speak up? Adalius Thomas?
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Junior Seau is the only vocal leader on this defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: This is our Leader on Defense.....

This team is in transition and there is a both a talent and veteran leadership void in my opinion.  You can't immediately replace a Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour and Harrison.  Add in the fact that there are a number of new/young guys playing significant minutes and the problem is even more magnified.   

Clearly, BB expects veteran guys like Adalius Thomas, one of the highest paid players on the team, to lead by example.  It's snowing?  Leave two hours earlier than usual.  What message does it send when your highest paid devensive player shows up late for practice?  If players need to be publicly embarrased to get their attention, then so be it.        

This isn't just a sports issue.  In real life, what message does it send when you bust your butt to get to work and your boss comes in late?  He/she sets the bar and people follow the example of leadership.

Re: Mayo, it's hard to ask a 2nd year guy struggling with injuries to take over the vocal leadership of this team.        

Sections
Shortcuts