This is the most underachieving team I have ever seen!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: This is the most underachieving team I have ever seen!

In Response to Re: This is the most underachieving team I have ever seen!:
    In Response to This is the most underachieving team I have ever seen! : so your saying BB is betting on games? lol your an idiot. who ever knows and understands football (obviously not you), can easily see that the patriots are rebuilding defensively, thus our record is what it is 7-5. You are what your record says you are. We are first in the division, even though this is a rebuilding season, on other franchises a rebulding season would end up with a 7-9 or 5-11 type season. even though i am dissapointed because i had higher expectations, i fully understand and support our effort thus far, i do think we need to move in a different direction as far as our defensive coordinator position. I just dont think dean pees is a good fit. I still think we can win the last 4 games of the season and win the division at 11-5. I bet no one wants to play BB and brady in the playoffs. We have a bunch of good draft picks coming up in the next couple years, there is plenty of reason to remain optimistic.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

Amen to that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

And who the hell said this a rebuilding year...Is this just another excuse you are making for a discombobulated team......Noone said nothing about rebuilding....I seem to remember our h.o.f. QB coming back healthy...And Bill having all offseason to replace a couple of players and failed and then traded Seymour, but he did draft 4 2nd rounders that are expected and are contributing...You are only rebuilding if you aired out the roster and we didnt...just a few chnges, a few losses that we've been well prepared for with plenty of time to bring along young talent while we milked the last out of our championship defenders...So stop makin excuses...Nobody thought this team was rebuilding when we were feelin ourselves so you cant say it now.......We were top 5 in power rakings but were rebuilding?   we aint nothing but the new version of Cowboys of late....over - rated
    Posted by patsfan76

Does someone need to say it in order for it to be true? No, just look the team. You even say it yourself in your contradicting argument here. You note that they traded Seymour. What did they trade Seymour for? A first round pick to help rebuild our team. Then you mention that he drafted four second round picks that are expected and are contributing. Hmmm... four rookie second round picks in one year? That are playing? That doesn't sound like rebuilding? Never mind all the other picks like Tate, Edelman, Ingram, Pryor, etc. There are A LOT of rookies on this team, especially on defense.

"just a few chnges" - Oh really? Bruschi, Harrison, Seymour, Vrabel, Hobbs, Izzo, Evans, Gaffney, Colvin, Jordan, etc. Those are a lot of big names there, and there were more the Pats lost as well. Notice they were all aging players who were only shells of their former selves? You can't play these guys forever. Look at them now, they aren't doing anything. Who were they replaced by? Mainly rookies and young players with speed and energy that can be with the team for 10+ years and get better, as opposed to 1-2 more years and decline.

"You are only rebuilding if you aired out the roster and we didnt" - Who said that to make it true? This team is rebuilding with great coaching and great talent. You have the Vets teach the new players the ins and outs. You are rebuilding the team when you have a ton of rookies and young talent. That's what the Patriots have. You don't need to cut everyone to rebuild. That would be ineffective, and it's not working out too well for the Bucs. The Pats are being smart about it. They have a lot of rookies, but they also have the veteran leadership to help them grow.

"Nobody thought this team was rebuilding when we were feelin ourselves so you cant say it now" - Do you mean this year or 2007? In 2007 they definitely weren't rebuilding, so that's why people didn't say it. If you mean this year, people have been acknowledging it all year. The difference is that when the team was winning everyone saw nothing but positives out of  the many rookies and young players on the team because there was little to criticize. Now that there is something to criticize, it's becoming something that people are blaming for lack of success, putting it more in the spotlight.

Oh, and we are still first in the division right? The playoffs are a whole different monster. The way people are talking you would think the Pats have already been eliminated.

People are forgetting that we have seven rookies making an impact right now and that can't be argued. Chung, Butler, Vollmer, Tate (was before IR), Ingram, Pryor, and Edelman are all making contributions to the team. Think about that for a second. Teams play 11-11 football, and we have seven rookies making a positive impact. Next year we will have a first rounder and three second rounders, nevermind the later picks. Then the year after that it's two first rounders and one second rounder. In three years, that's fourteen young players that could easily be making a huge impact. That's not counting Ron Brace (jury is still out) and all the possible late round talent if you even consider third round as late. How can you argue that this team hasn't set itself up for the future? And how can you be mad about that, even when they are still in playoff contention? If they didn't rebuild, you'd be screaming at them because the team would stink in a few years and you'd be angry they didn't draft rookies. People should be excited for this teams future, because it looks very promising.

Gah! Sorry I wrote so much, just had to get that off my chest...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I think what's happened here is that most here thought the Pats were better than they are.  This is a team in transition.
    I don't see how you can redo a defense like the Pats did and not have problems.  Last years weak schedule and Brady being out masked a lot of this teams issues.  The Bruschi and Harrison retirement is a huge blow to the identity of this defense.  New leadership has to immerge.  Rookies in the defensive backfield takes time to develop.  The Pats didn't just replace one piece at a time they changed everything.  It will get better as these young players get more exposure.  The problems we have on defense is we don't have a pass rush and we are incredibly thin at LB.

Offensively we have a future LT in Vollmer.  We may see Light and Neal going bye bye this off season.  There are issues with RT and RG.  We may have the RG on the team presently.  It would be nice to spend one of those 2nd round picks on an OL.  The 3rd WR everyone is asking for will be Tate.  RBs are an issue.  We need a couple of those.  It's nice to have one old timer around but we have three.

The Colts are perhaps the best drafting team in the NFL.  I believe our drafting is a lot closer to the success of the Colts than they are to Oakland.  So, no we are not the best but we are far from the dregs as well.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

I'm the Idiot, but you cant tell me why all of a sudden Bill doesnt know how to manage a game, make a good call..etc  You are the idiot if you think everything is fine just because we play in a shyt division and might still make the playoffs, and then the magic switch will be turned on...You are still making comments like "nobody wants to see us in the playoffs"  Yeah, that was yesterdays Pats....NEWSFLASH, aint nobody scared of this team, and they wont be in another 4 weeks either...The blueprint is out buddy, and as long as Bill keeps helping the other team by making bonehead decisions you'd be lucky if the Pats make the playoffs....I mean every week dont we here the same thing...."We gotta coach it better, play it better..blah, blah,,,and do u see us come out and do the same thing every game on the road,,Oh and you think when the playoffs start in aint gonna be louder in that visiting stadium, guys gonna hit harder, you already know...so all of a sudden this team will snap out of it...If Bill has made enough $$ by January maybe we get a win huh?   LOL  this current coaching staff is a debacle at best when you consider the talent they have and the way the pisss away games...
    Posted by patsfan76

You really just dont understand football and how hard it is to win in the NFL talent or no talent. Someone can easily make a case for the chargers being the most talented team in the NFL the past few years and they have no rings to show for it.

To be great in this league you must pay a price. Work hard go through some growing pains and LEARN how to win. Bruschi, Ty law, Mcginnest, all of them went through growing pains with Pete Carrol. They paid a price, and eventualy learned how to win. As is the case with Rodney Harrison he had some terrible seasons with san diego before coming to new england. You cant just be great all of a sudden, no matter how much talent you have. The rams were way more talented than the pats in 2001 but we knew how to win football games. Just because our defense is not super bowl bound, your ready to start calling BB a gambler? wow you are pathetic.

I wonder what your goin to say in a couple years when this defense is top ten in the league. "i knew this defense would be great" yea right, either your a quitter and a terrible fan or you just dont understand football.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

And who the hell said this a rebuilding year...Is this just another excuse you are making for a discombobulated team......Noone said nothing about rebuilding....I seem to remember our h.o.f. QB coming back healthy...And Bill having all offseason to replace a couple of players and failed and then traded Seymour, but he did draft 4 2nd rounders that are expected and are contributing...You are only rebuilding if you aired out the roster and we didnt...just a few chnges, a few losses that we've been well prepared for with plenty of time to bring along young talent while we milked the last out of our championship defenders...So stop makin excuses...Nobody thought this team was rebuilding when we were feelin ourselves so you cant say it now.......We were top 5 in power rakings but were rebuilding?   we aint nothing but the new version of Cowboys of late....over - rated
    Posted by patsfan76

This basicaly confirms that you dont know much about football.

when a defense CHOOSES to move in a different direction by trading away Mike vrable and Richard Seymour, and releasing tedy bruschi, that definitely means they wanted to move in a different direction. When a team drafts 4 second round picks 3 of which are on defense, that is another sign considering our first two picks last year were on defense too, mayo and wheatley (not to mention we also drafted crable and wilhite). but the most telling sign is the richard seymour trade, when a team trades arguably their best defender for future draft picks, that has rebuilding written all over it. But obviously you dont know football so for you to actualy understand that this is a rebuilding year as far as the defense is concerned, BB himself would have to announce it in a press conference "this is a rebulding year".
    lol you really dont understand football man.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

Yeah I agree he was getting the ball out quick and beating the blitz 85 % of the time getting it out to Branch, Brown, or Faulk, but as much as he locks in on 83 n 81, you cant blame em cuz they dont call anyone elses #, and the other options aint great, so Brady would rather hang on to the ball and wait for either of them to get open before he looks elsewhere...but most of are plays are clear design to get either 83 ir 81 open, and besides #84 who isnt reliable catching the ball there aint many options and O.C. O'Brien isnt creative at all, I mean think about it..as a defense you have 11 guys to cover welker, Moss, and get to brady,and teams can drop eight and double both and games over cuz this team has yet to adjust and call the RB screens and bubble screens to Welker like last year...it has totally been taken out...Its an easy 3 to 8 yards, we start out running, then boom shotgun...and we live n die by it....most recently been dying...i rememba P.Simms kept sayin early in the game "wow, T.brady under center,,,this is when we dominated, and obviously the rest of the way we scored a measly 7 points playing this shotgun 2 man football  B.S. like are reinventing the game,,,this is the NFL and I dont care how much talent u got, u cant keep doing the same thing for 3 years and not change it up n continue to only have 2 options to throw to.
    Posted by patsfan76

Simply put that is probably the biggest issue in the offense. No Solid 3rd 4th or 5th option. Blitzes are coming and Brady still goes to the 1 and 2nd options and we all know that won't win ball games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Like I said  When I hear BIll say we are rebuilding I will believe it, and everytime I make a point about the offense you come back talking about the defense...Look I know the defense aint great...but I dont have a problem with that...cuz I have seen us win with middle of the pack defense., whats inexusable is having the talent on offense and not producing points but all these yards...thats my problem....but Bill has mismathed CB's forver..he has yet to pay anyone in that position...and we are not the chargers and they have a joke of a coach..I thought we had the best coach in football., and after this year do you think its true?? Do you like all of Bills drafts...Do you think he could have done better...or do you drink whatever he pours in your cup....I do know my footbal that is why I scratch my head when I see a far more talented team allow another team to come back on every road game this year....IT IS WHAT IT IS...even BIll dont make excuses  but you want to for him...He will tell you I have confidence in whoever we put out there to play...so like I said..do you thnk he got that one right ....being confident that Wilhite can start...GOD knows we bring 10 Cb's to camp every year..and this is who won out....Stop lying to yourself...YOu know this current team has problems...but you want to make excuses for them..that we dont make around here...How long did it take the Bengals to change that defense that got shredded last year and had no linebackers at one time and signed starters off the street get to where they are now???  You have a whole offseason to build a team...and I thought thats why we dont pay anybody...because we get the ability to compete and be there every year??  Am I making this up...Cuz I swear this is what Kraft/Bill teach..according to them we are in it to win evry year....C"MON MAAAANNNN!!!
    Posted by patsfan76

coming into the season the two top questions were

1.how will our defense hold up with all the new faces?
     2.Will our offense be at the 2007 level even though brady is coming back from a serious knee injury?

1. Our defense has been pretty good at times but doesnt match up well against good passing attacks, due to lac of pass rush and lac of experience in our defensive backs. However, no one really expected our defense to be lights out, i think goin in to the season especialy after the seymour trade, everyone knew our offense would have to outscore our opponents instead of hangin our hats on clutch defensive perfomances like we did in the past.

2. Our offense has been great at times, but has underachieved also. But considering the circumstances i can see why. With the departure of Jabar Gaffney  we were left with a big void at the 3rd receiver spot. Sure aiken has made some plays but not the clutch plays, especialy on 3rd down, in 2007 when defenses would double moss and welker on 3rd down gaffney would torch the defense. (ravens game) This year it seems like brady forces alot more 3rd down passes to welker, which isnt a good sign. we need more depth at receiver. I also think that Bill O'brien is still in the transition stage from quarterbacks coach to a legitimate play caller. i also think our running game needs to improve, we need a home run threat. (Cj spiller would be an interesting choice in the draft) Even though brady has made a few bad decisions this season i think we can all agree that he is still an elite quarterback despite his knee injury, it took carson palmer a much longer time to come back to his top form.

So when you think about it, our off season questions goin into the season were legitimate. The new faces on the defense still havent gelled but the youth and speed do look promising for the future, and our offense with a different play caller and lac of depth at receiver has suffered a bit especialy on 3rd down and in the red zone.

I dont think BB is to blame, i just think this is a natural phase of transition that a team goes through after so many people leave and new faces need to be acclamated.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Re: This is the most underachieving team I have ever seen! : Amen to that
    Posted by magicalhobo

thanks, YOU know football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

This years Pats have a lot of changes from last year; and you suffered a lot of injuries.  Maybe, just maybe, you should consider the possibility that this year's team is over achieving--which is always the sign of great coaching. Just a thought... 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Sorry Oggie you forced it..I have seen this team do much better with less talent...,Why you guys want to excuse the coaches is beyond me...Josh McDaniels took over as a new 30 year old rookie coach and he also calls the plays, and I see to remember them lookin pretty good out the gate...Look you cnat be a genius when you make great coaching desicions and still be a genius when you make bad ones...Are you saying Nothing BIll does is wrong...cuz he is human...I think....and the problems we had were minimal comapred to most teams..so after 5 weeks went byt and we all saw Brady was moving and throwing fine..Ok..the defense is young...Whats ur excuse for the offense besides BIll goin out and getting some college coach to call plays??   Billicheck/kraft like to save money and promte from within.....You get what u pay for ....Like I said..Look at the state of Cincy's defense and look at it now in one offseason..we made bad moves and its showing....OUr 2nd rd CB from last year should be on the field makng plays..but he aint a playmaker..and they obviously like Chungs ability as a CB more than Wheatley.....thats disturbing and thats bad drafting..so Who do I blame Nick Caserio??? Before this year tell me how many games you have seen BIllicheck punt it from midfield to closer?? and how many times have we given up points in the redzone and gone for it....??/  I mean the decisions he is making this year are totally out of line from what we are used to..and thats why you see us losing games that we are winning at the half up to 4 and counting...and before this year 66-1, and I can actually remember the game which was against Miami in 04 when Brady threw a pic to end the game...so something that has almost never happened before doing things one way...has suddenly happened in 4 of 5 road games this year and all have questionable coaching decisions in each game...Am I wrong???
    Posted by patsfan76

You know your team better than I. So I can't argue with you on the specifics.

But I know one thing for sure. Your coach hasn't become an idiot; and there are a lot of changes fom last year and a lot of injuries this year.

I don't know what you are refering to for the questionable gameday calls--but if you are refering to the Indy game, I loved that call. 

The Miami coaches were scared of BB this past week and ditched the cat out of a desperate fear.  I wrote a lot about that in the "don't  lynch me thread" page 3. 

So, from my point of view, he is still the coach that I fear the most; he is definitely the coach that Sporano fears the most; he is still the coach that I hate the most;  and he is still the coach that I respect the most and would love to see coaching in Miami.  . 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You are talking like a spoiled brat. You obviously didn't live though the Steve Grogan era. Nothing against Steve, but it was one heartbreak year after another. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I believe the Pitt. Steelers are actually the most underachieving team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

"I wonder what your goin to say in a couple years when this defense is top ten in the league. "i knew this defense would be great" yea right, either your a quitter and a terrible fan or you just dont understand football." You dont have to put labels on me just because I  dont share your opinion..and it is an opinion..but I just dont understand that when you question things going on with your team or you question Might BIll...then you are a terrible fan,...Well I guess you can give me that label...cuz I aint a fan of sloppy , mistake riddled football.... I do however know football I have sunday ticket and watch all the games and see teams with less talent and worse coaching doing better..Stop talking defense  I told you already..we could be better with better personell decisions but I will give him a pass on that..but can you honestly tell me there is good reason why this offense is last in the redzone??  Take off the shades buddy and stop wiping Billichecks bum for him...HE is a grown man   ONce again we come full circle to my original statement which you have already agreed with but are still posting tell me I dont know football. "Our offense has been great at times, but has underachieved also." This is your statement word for word...and this is all i'm saying..I mean if you've watched the Pats the last 9 years you know this...but for some reason you wanna give Bill a pass....This team is a bunch of frontrunners...Yeah!..My team  I said it...Overrated...paper champs!  Now go wipes BIll's a ss.....LOL
    Posted by patsfan76

lol pathetic excuse of a fan.

im goin to stick with bill and brady and my pats. you keep mentioning the bengals defense, why dont you just go to a bengals forum and stop crying about the patriots.

Im a true patriots fan i will stick with them through thick and thin, they gave us 3 super bowls and they are the team of the decade and now just because they are 7-5 (1st place in the division) your questioning the head coach and b#itching about the offense lol

you cant call yourself a fan. Your more of a cry baby than a fan.

people like you make me sick, when the patriots are back on top i dont want to see you on this forum cheering them on, cuz that would just prove wow much of a bandwagon fan you are.

Either your with the pats or your not, im obvioulsy with the pats win or loose.

you are pathetic

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

A little too optimistic Gary...How can you say Tate will be our #3 WR next year...Cuz judging by the one missle screen pass he caught I couldnt tell if he is a player, or if he can on the same page with Tommy( we know how hard that is)...so before we start saying it takes time we will be fine...Really..How about C.Jackson...Who's to say it doesnt happen with Tate?/ I mean he is a rookie and will be next year minus a year of sitting in meeting asleep.....I think its deeper than that...and BIll is paying for his bad desicions not to keep a quality 3rd Wr who had already developed a rapport with Brady knowing its hard, you go and get a 40 year old to compete..knowing you cant teach an old dog new tricks....I'm very dissapointed with this whole team and its attitude!
    Posted by patsfan76

Probably for the same reason you say he won't.  How do you compare Jackson to Tate?  Because Jackson was a bust Tate will be?  It doesn't make any sense.  Tate will have every opportunity to be that 3rd WR.  Even if he does make it we are still short at WR.  We still need another.

The reason why folks move in this league is because of money.  It all has to do with cap space and timing.

It's nice to know Bill is human.  He has made some mistakes.  But I go back to my original statement is that you have this team a lot better than it is.  There were tons of questions about the defense and Tom's comeback.  Talks about Galloway being a bust started real early.  A Bill miscue no doubt.  So, this team is not underachieving in my book.  The questions were real.  Pass rush, young secondary, Tom's injury, the 3rd WR, depth at WR, the RB situation, leadership roles were things talked about at the beginning of the season.  I feel expectations were just way too high.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Once again I ask you 24-7 Pats fan..Why cant I be a fan and still criticize my team...What are we robots now..this is a forum...So every week should we all be on here saying the same thing like clones. "in Bill we Trust"   "In BIll we Trust"  frigggin zombies....LOL   Yes I have every right to cheer my team when they do good, but I also have the right to crtitque when needed.,.so dont tell me how to be a fan buddy.. There are enough people seeing the glass half full and singing Kumbaya, but sometimes you need a different pesrpective...Thats where I come in...or else we could just have one discussion with everyone saying ur right I agree..nobody would post anything .We all are passsionate about our team or we wouldnt be here postin all day at work risking our jobs.... So I dont know who you think you are to call someone a cry babie that questions calls and decisions....I stick by my team..but I know an underachieving team when I see it and I aint scared to say it..This will be my last post on this subject..time to turn the page....You dont thnk I want us to crush the Panthers and start feelin good about the team again..of course I do...but if you have a good feelin now...I'm sorry you are blinded...Cuz all I hear is excuses on here...Thats not us..we never were a team that made excuses..but now I hear ish from fans..like look at all the injuries....I have seen us win games using 45 different starters...Last time I checked only significant injury we had is Fed Taylor..what are you gonna cry cuz we have no Edleman...You cant say we missed Morris...cuz we dont run anyway...keep on those blinders buddy and lets hope the Pats can prove me wrong and find their way...
    Posted by patsfan76

i just believe that as a fan i feel apart of this team so since i feel that way just because the season isnt goin as expected im not goin to put my head down and cry about it like you are. Brady isnt goin to sit there and cry about it either, so why should we?

your really not takin the effort put in by the players on a week to week basis into consideration.

If you were to see brady pack it in and just give up on the rest of the season i bet you would call him out on this forum "wow brady packed it in, he quit!!! what a quitter" but in reality thats exactly what your doing as well.

Im not goin to quit on this team and be pessimistic. The world has enough pessimistic people and quitters, and your one of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Underachieving Coaching staff and player personal decisions too! It all trickles down....they have a lot of work to do OR simply PAY the $$$ to LOAD up again!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

OMG...I said this was my last post...But you forced my hand...Now you are calling me a quitter and talking about the pessimistic people in the world...Wooaah..Slow down Tonto....Now you are acting  like football is not just a game...yeah we like to watch But I have no allegiance to anyone for you to call me a quitter cuz I dont like the way the team is playing...I dont play football BOZO..WHy am I the quitter....I am a very optimistic person actually but you would never know the real me just alking football cuz its really not important if you think about it...I am a fan,..BUt maybe you just have no life and are a fanatic....Gonna call me a quitter...YOU need to lay off the name calling cuz I have been sparing you that same treatment...but dont make me go there...this is just a game..and Brady dont pay my bills...I have continued to make the same point...yet every post you find another angle to come at me with....YOU CANNOTT CHANGE THE WAY I THINK AND YOU SHOULDNT BE TRYING..WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS JUST LIKE A SS ES ..UNDERSTAND THIS..SO LIKE I SAID KEEP WIPING BILL'S A SS CUZ IT STINKS RIGHT NOW...WHEN THE SEASON IS OVER I STILL GOT MY FAMILY , MY WIFE, ETC...LIFE GOES ON...AND I HAVE YET TO QUIT THE GAME OF LIFE...THATS WHAT I'M PLAYING....WHAT TEAM YOU PLAY FOR!?!?! Seriously tho...get off my *&%%   ..You have already agreed with my original post yet you continue to post about things I dont care about...like a child trying to get the last hit in...You can have this forum  if thats what you want..DO you want to be forum regulator...Everyone on this forum must support BIll and his staff, or you must die!...you are too funny guy...Go call Kraft, maybe there is a position open for fan regulator...and you can hand our demerits and feel powerful....You are officially on ignore...So Have a nice Day!
    Posted by patsfan76

oh ok so your just a casual fan lol

never mind then that explains it.

im actualy a die-hard fan.

i think its assumed that people who take time and talk on this forum are basicaly die-hard fans, but since your just a casual fan and say that football is just a game then more power to you lmao

your wife must be pretty fat and loose lol Im only 20, if i was married and i considered myself to be a "casual fan" and football "just a game" then i would spend more time with my wife and family than talkin on this forum lol

Sections
Shortcuts