This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!

New England announced that it has signed punter David King, a 38-year old Australian rules football player who came to the United States about a year ago to learn the art of punting.

Oh wait... more money on 38 year old bums.

but hey least he did not beat his wife, bump an officer, or get his friend shot to death right?

I bet some people think this offseason move makes us SB contenders! Because we filled a need and we waited out on this one right!?

Honestly why waste money on this guy and David Patten?  Let the BB has a plan, and we have them right where we want them, and the rest of hypocrite comments flow, because this is definately the splash we needed this offseason to get our team/fans fired up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!

On a serious note does anyone else regardless if hes a punter just look at this and just shake their head and say why?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I'd like to see him try and play a little WR.  What do the Pats have to lose at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's a punter. If it works it works,  if it doesn't not big money wasted.

I know what you can do become a Jets fan, they have a bunch of splashy moves or even a redskins fan they make a bunch of splashy moves too. I'll stick with the team that has the best overall winning % this decade and see how the draft comes out myself

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!:
    He's a punter. If it works it works,  if it doesn't not big money wasted. I know what you can do become a Jets fan, they have a bunch of splashy moves or even a redskins fan they make a bunch of splashy moves too. I'll stick with the team that has the best overall winning % this decade and see how the draft comes out myself
    Posted by PatsEng

Ah yes because the draft will solve all the problems right? 

Why not spend the money on a 22 year old punter with one of the 12 picks we have in round 7 that makes more sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

I'd like to see him try and play a little WR.  What do the Pats have to lose at this point.
    Posted by BBRULES23

I actually heard might challenge fluties dropkick FG

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Ah yes because the draft will solve all the problems right?  Why not spend the money on a 22 year old punter with one of the 12 picks we have in round 7 that makes more sense.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

What makes you think the Patriots still will not draft a Punter with their numerous picks in the 6th or 7th round?  This Aussie does not have the punting job!  Competition! I am sure they could still bring back Hansen!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Ah yes because the draft will solve all the problems right?  Why not spend the money on a 22 year old punter with one of the 12 picks we have in round 7 that makes more sense.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Yes you're right because they signed this guy they won't draft a punter to compete with him. They also signed Patten so they don't draft a WR, and Crumpler so no TE, and with all the resigns they won't draft a OLB, DL, OL, CB. Well that narrows it down to QB, RB, ILB, and K. Wow and here we all are trying to figure out who to draft when all we needed to do is see who they signed and know they won't bother drafting a position they signed someone for. Seriously man think about what you are saying for a second

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

NO what I am saying is why waste the money on 36 -38 year olds... their is no competition between a guy who

KNOws how to punt 22 years old... and a guy
    whos 38 and trying to learn how to punt

Their is no competition between david patten and dez bryant golden tate, demeryius thomas....

so my point is why waste the money?!?!

and actually Terrell Owens running on one leg beats out David patten , he would be more competition to the rookies then david patten... so once again...

there is no competetion here.. its just wasted money...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

NO what I am saying is why waste the money on 36 -38 year olds... their is no competition between a guy who KNOws how to punt 22 years old... and a guy whos 38 and trying to learn how to punt Their is no competition between david patten and dez bryant golden tate, demeryius thomas.... so my point is why waste the money?!?!
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Clarkey---Have long have you beein a Patriots "fan"????? Do you understand since the BB era it all about bringing in veterans to fill holes and educate the young?  If they win a starting job all to them!  IF these players do not make the roster they are not making their season salary.  How do you know that the Aussie does not know how to punt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Clarkey---Have long have you beein a Patriots "fan"????? Do you understand since the BB era it all about bringing in veterans to fill holes and educate the young?  If they win a starting job all to them!  IF these players do not make the roster they are not making their season salary.  How do you know that the Aussie does not know how to punt?
    Posted by Rocky

Because it said it in the Article. 

And I been a fan all my life since 1-15 season and grogan lost to the bears in the superbowl my friend.

If you didnt notice I was being sarcastic about the topic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Because it said it in the Article.  And I been a fan all my life since 1-15 season and grogan lost to the bears in the superbowl my friend. If you didnt notice I was being sarcastic about the topic.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Yeah of course sarcasm.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!:
    New England announced that it has signed punter David King, a 38-year old Australian rules football player who came to the United States about a year ago to learn the art of punting. Oh wait... more money on 38 year old bums. but hey least he did not beat his wife, bump an officer, or get his friend shot to death right? I bet some people think this offseason move makes us SB contenders! Because we filled a need and we waited out on this one right!? Honestly why waste money on this guy and David Patten?  Let the BB has a plan, and we have them right where we want them, and the rest of hypocrite comments flow, because this is definately the splash we needed this offseason to get our team/fans fired up!
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Just because Marshall will catch 120 passes this year(47 of them over Whilite's head) and Holmes 85 (35 of them over Whilite's head) doesn't give you the right to question anything the Patriots do man!!

Listen you'll feel better when we trade a second round pick or two into next year, then trade those picks into year 2013, because that's when something really big is going to happen......Brady will quit and we'll need about 40 picks in that draft to find someone that can replace him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Because it said it in the Article.  And I been a fan all my life since 1-15 season and grogan lost to the bears in the superbowl my friend. If you didnt notice I was being sarcastic about the topic.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Why are you quoting the 1-15 season that happened 6 years after the Bears incident? You could just say since 85'

You know why the article said he was starting is because right now there is no other punter so as of right now he is the starter. I'll bet my yearly wage that they draft a punter. BTW if he doesn't make it out of training camp he gets only a couple thousand. Not exactly spending a ton there

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I am against any move that threatens the incumbency of the glue that holds the Pats together -- Chris Hanson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I am against any move that threatens the incumbency of the glue that holds the Pats together -- Chris Hanson.
    Posted by p-mike

rofl nice

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

NO what I am saying is why waste the money on 36 -38 year olds... their is no competition between a guy who KNOws how to punt 22 years old... and a guy whos 38 and trying to learn how to punt Posted by clarkeyj1

wait a minute, you ever watch rugby? most of those guys can boot the ball pretty good. i don't think he has much to learn if he's been playing rugby for most of his life. one of the finer scoring plays in rugby is the drop kick through the goal posts-not much different that punting

but i'd rather BB draft a kid out of college too. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

maybe he's 6'4, 265 and can run a 4.5, set the edge and rush the passer. yah!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

Maybe we'll have the best tackling punter in the league now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Posted by clarkeyj1

Yes the draft is the way to build.  Not with high priced dimwits.  Does signing this guy hurt anything?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

This middle-aged Aussie-rules player will probably have the behavior and performance appreciated by BB...not a star, but will do the little things...grab a facemask away from the action, run down-field after the kick, make an occasional tackle, kick away under duress, beat opponents on-field..not significant others off-field...and other things that cannot be taken for granted anymore under the "conduct detrimental" clauses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Its a contingency plan with the point of competition during camp. And at worst he could work out and we have a decent punter, which we have lacked in the past couple of years. 

And as Kansas said, rugby and Aussie rules the kicking game is very important, more so in Aussie rules (because the only way you can score is by kicking). So if he won kicking championships its worth a look

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!:
    New England announced that it has signed punter David King, a 38-year old Australian rules football player who came to the United States about a year ago to learn the art of punting. Oh wait... more money on 38 year old bums. but hey least he did not beat his wife, bump an officer, or get his friend shot to death right? I bet some people think this offseason move makes us SB contenders! Because we filled a need and we waited out on this one right!? Honestly why waste money on this guy and David Patten?  Let the BB has a plan, and we have them right where we want them, and the rest of hypocrite comments flow, because this is definately the splash we needed this offseason to get our team/fans fired up!
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Amen, brother!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Crikey, LOL