This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!

Maybe this is the punting answer, maybe not. The Aussie kid from the Chargers has been fine. I'm willing to go with anyone but Hanson---he's had his chance and stunk it up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!:
    In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Why are you quoting the 1-15 season that happened 6 years after the Bears incident? You could just say since 85' You know why the article said he was starting is because right now there is no other punter so as of right now he is the starter. I'll bet my yearly wage that they draft a punter. BTW if he doesn't make it out of training camp he gets only a couple thousand. Not exactly spending a ton there
    Posted by PatsEng

A couple thousand here on him, a couple thousand their towards patten, I rather throw it towards 2 young punters or two young WRS let them battle it out for competition then have then waste money.

Every year they waste money on signing terrible, washuped, or wasted "veteran" players because they try to get deals cheap i.e. galloway, stallworth, taylor, thomas, patten, THIS PUNTER whos never kicked in a game before in his life, ETC

The point is and I read an article is they havent been spending the money in the right places last couple of years little here little there with veteran guys, if they just sign a proven young guy, say trade for MALCOM FLOYD, and sign him to an extension.... USE HIm..

not 40 year old guys who cant do anything anymore its wasted money

Its basically like PATRIOT PLACE DURING THE WINTER, NO ONE GOES THERE BUT HEY MAYBE THATS WHY WE ARENT SPENDING MONEY BECAUSE KRAFT IS LOSING OUT ON SO MUCH MONEY BECAUSE HES OVER DEVELOPING

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Its a contingency plan with the point of competition during camp. And at worst he could work out and we have a decent punter, which we have lacked in the past couple of years.  And as Kansas said, rugby and Aussie rules the kicking game is very important, more so in Aussie rules (because the only way you can score is by kicking). So if he won kicking championships its worth a look
    Posted by thejoshuatree28

SO HE CAN RETIRE AT THE BEGINNING OF PRESEASON WITH DAVID PATTEN?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Yes the draft is the way to build.  Not with high priced dimwits.  Does signing this guy hurt anything ?!
    Posted by croc

YES BECAUSE THE SIGNING IS POINTLESS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Patriots signed P David King.
    King, a former Aussie Rules player who goes 6'1/190 (assuming our centimeter and kilogram conversions are right), has been retired since 2004 and turned 38 last month. He didn't learn to punt, American style, until training in Arizona this spring. It's safe to say he's a long shot to stick around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Maybe this is the punting answer, maybe not. The Aussie kid from the Chargers has been fine. I'm willing to go with anyone but Hanson---he's had his chance and stunk it up!
    Posted by trouts

i understand but...once again... i dont know about you but im sick of old people coming on our team doing nothing... if the guy was like 30 id say ok... cool but when hes as old as brett favre never kicked an american style football... or played in a game come on now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

This signing has the rest of the NFL teams shaking in fear.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : YES BECAUSE THE SIGNING IS POINTLESS.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

As is this thread.  Why don't we wait until Sept to see how this team looks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

This signing has the rest of the NFL teams shaking in fear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : I bet you thought drafting a 7th round QB with a plan of converting him to a receiver was a wasted pick too.  Maybe BB know s more about how to build a team than you do.  Just a thought.
    Posted by Encinitas

Oh true... word on the street is, this guy can hold on to the ball better then Maroney can... we can also get 2 good years out of him, Longer then 6 years before MARONEY hits 30.  SO... that must be the plan.

I forgot BB is a god. No one can think like him and EVERY guy he picks up he converts into a different position too right? Next you are going to say the MBTA driver of the green line is going to be the new ILB because BB saw potential one night going to a redsox game!!!!  MAN YOU are GENIUS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : wait a minute, you ever watch rugby? most of those guys can boot the ball pretty good. i don't think he has much to learn if he's been playing rugby for most of his life. one of the finer scoring plays in rugby is the drop kick through the goal posts-not much different that punting but i'd rather BB draft a kid out of college too. 
    Posted by kansaspatriot

No i dont mind him if he can boot the ball.. but whats the point? you are telling me theirs not going to be an 2 or 3 UFA who cant battle it out? that are like 22? so we do not have to do this next year? and the year after and the year after that? when this guy dislocates his hip from old age? the average age of our team is like 35... soon our team is going to be as old as brett favre.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

he's a punter. are you just looking for things to be critical of? odds are they draft or sign a rookie FA punter and King is just in the mix. are we really complaining about the pats signing a punter? come on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Fowler- Some people just have the need to complain about everything.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : As is this thread.  Why don't we wait until Sept to see how this team looks?
    Posted by croc

I thoughtt 99.9% of these threads are?

If you arent sick of these 38 year old pick ups regardless of the position, then what would you like to see.. besides the draft because half of them are not going to make the team anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

he's a punter. are you just looking for things to be critical of? odds are they draft or sign a rookie FA punter and King is just in the mix. are we really complaining about the pats signing a punter? come on.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Its a Need on our roster, and signing a 38 year old whos never kicked in a game is pretty pathetic...

And read the first post it was sarcasm....

but this is a pointless SIGNING, i just like to see how people think this is a good singing its pretty funny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Oh true... word on the street is, this guy can hold on to the ball better then Maroney can... we can also get 2 good years out of him, Longer then 6 years before MARONEY hits 30.  SO... that must be the plan. I forgot BB is a god. No one can think like him and EVERY guy he picks up he converts into a different position too right? Next you are going to say the MBTA driver of the green line is going to be the new ILB because BB satw potential one night going to a redsox game!!!!  MAN YOU are GENIUS!
    Posted by clarkeyj1

If BB thinks that MBTA driver is a worthy of a roster spot, then that's fine with me.  I also will be making my annual pilgrimage to Patriot Place to honor the great snow plow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Clarkey---Have long have you beein a Patriots "fan"????? Do you understand since the BB era it all about bringing in veterans to fill holes and educate the young?  If they win a starting job all to them!  IF these players do not make the roster they are not making their season salary.  How do you know that the Aussie does not know how to punt?
    Posted by Rocky

yah thats why brusci, harrison left, they got traded vrabel and seymour and they brought in galloway who they cut, Taylor who got hurt, thomas whos done nothing.... they def. filled in the holes and educated the young!

Damn def. understand how all these OLD guys are doing alot for our team..... I mean you def. you make a good point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! :   If BB thinks that MBTA driver is a worthy of a roster spot, then that's fine with me.  I also will be making my annual pilgrimage to Patriot Place to honor the great snow plow.
    Posted by BBRULES23

BB is a great coach and smart guy but if draft comes and we dont do any blockbuster deals we are pretty screwed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : I thoughtt 99.9% of these threads are? If you arent sick of these 38 year old pick ups regardless of the position, then what would you like to see.. besides the draft because half of them are not going to make the team anyway.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Actually my impression is many of the threads are composed of angry, frustrated over reactions.

I'd like to see a DE, an OLB, an OT, a WR (Benn would be nice) and later on a larger RB. Most of these high picks in these positions should be able help this year.  WR might take some time to develop.  

I also expect they will pick up vets to fill the gaps.  Plenty of time for that.
    Has there ever been a draft in recent history when all made the team?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I thought you were a student. I'll bet my yearly wage also in that case.

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : Why are you quoting the 1-15 season that happened 6 years after the Bears incident? You could just say since 85' You know why the article said he was starting is because right now there is no other punter so as of right now he is the starter. I'll bet my yearly wage that they draft a punter. BTW if he doesn't make it out of training camp he gets only a couple thousand. Not exactly spending a ton there
    Posted by PatsEng

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots drafted 12 players last year, not 3 players like the Jets, and so far they are bringing all 12 2009 draftees back to this year's training camp.  A number of the class of 2009 have pretty much worked their way onto the team, which has a 53 player limit.  It's not like BB's going to cut Edelman, Myron Pryor or Jake the long snapper, much less Sebastian Vollmer or somebody, so he can make room for signing some malcontent girlfriend-beating DUI suspect.  Down the road, BB has 12 more draft picks this year.  It's supposed to be a good draft this year, and many of these guys will deserve spots.

Most important, it's going to be a buyer's market for good players this year.  The loss of a salary cap means that all sorts of good players are getting dumped.  All sorts of RFA players are cursing as they're signing low tender offers.

So, this Aussie will come to camp and compete against either a draft pick or some traveling NFL JAG type.  Two shaky punters equals one pretty good punter.  
    If Jonathan Kraft has blown $100k of his dad's money on this guy in an uncapped year, he won't remember the deal tomorrow.   Odds are reasonable right now that Kraft has made a good investment, and that's what counts. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

This is probably the same kind of talk when the Pats drafts those Rasslers you know some Francis guy way back, and some Neal guy.  Real no accounts that had no business being on no NFL field.

These Aussie guys are real wimps to boot. He wouldn't know what to do with contact.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hqosNvv5E

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!:
    New England announced that it has signed punter David King, a 38-year old Australian rules football player who came to the United States about a year ago to learn the art of punting. Oh wait... more money on 38 year old bums. but hey least he did not beat his wife, bump an officer, or get his friend shot to death right? I bet some people think this offseason move makes us SB contenders! Because we filled a need and we waited out on this one right!? Honestly why waste money on this guy and David Patten?  Let the BB has a plan, and we have them right where we want them, and the rest of hypocrite comments flow, because this is definately the splash we needed this offseason to get our team/fans fired up!
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Wow, another dumb thread.....How can someone get worked up over a punter getting invited to camp?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Hard to say why they did this but I think it could be to provide some competition for whoever they draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

So maybe we are supposed to leave that position open to make clarkey happy....

Sections
Shortcuts