This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!:
    In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!! : I guess you missed the article on Boston.com! FOXBOROUGH -- The newest addition to the Patriots roster just gave the media a lesson in Aussie rules football. Punter David King signed with the Patriots yesterday a year and a half after he decided to pursue American football. King played semi pro Aussie rules football for Bundoora, Euroa and Norwood for the past seven years, and now he is ready for another challenge. "I'd say it's a combination of soccer, American football, rugby and there's a sport called Gaelic football in Ireland," King said. "It's a combination of all of them on an oval field probably about 170 yards long and there's 36 guys on the field at any one time and the direction of play goes every which way, it's not just sort of up and down. It's a lot of body contact too." While the rules are different than what is played in the NFL, King said he is taking every opportunity to learn as much as he can about the NFL. He has met with Bill Belichick and special teams coach Scott O'Brien. "It's just a dream you know," said King, who is 28 years old . "I want to do something different that people back home really never do. It's throwing yourself out there in the deep end and it's a long process to get here and I just want to make sure people back home are proud of me."
    Posted by m1021us

And the article was from boston.com and then also reported on another website that he was 38

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Off season move Pats been looking for!!!!:
    Patriots signed P David King. King, a former Aussie Rules player who goes 6'1/190 (assuming our centimeter and kilogram conversions are right), has been retired since 2004 and turned 38 last month. He didn't learn to punt, American style, until training in Arizona this spring. It's safe to say he's a long shot to stick around.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Where did you pull this article from?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Espn says 38, Yahoo says 28....

Rotoworld has originally said 38....but then posted this....

David King-P- PatriotsApr. 14 - 6:56 pm et
    www.rotoworld.com/images/right_corner_player_news.gif" alt="" width="14" height="30" />www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif" alt="" width="6" height="1" />
    www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif" alt="" width="11" height="1" />www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif" alt="" width="10" height="1" />Patriots signed P David King.
    King, a former Aussie Rules player, has played semi-pro ball since 2001. The 28-year-old was originally confused with a 38-year-old Aussie player who hadn't kicked NFL-style until a recent camp.

Like someone on this thread has said...there are 2 David King's and we got the younger one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's probably a long shot, maybe they figure he has a lot of potential and he may be able to improve enough by the seasons start to make the team.  Who cares how old he is, he's a punter.