This is the year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: This is the year

In Response to Re: This is the year:
    [QUOTE]  Actually, I think they are setting themselves up good for the next few years. Assuming that this draft pans out, which I think it will.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

Yep. I think what we've just seen in the last few years of this commitment to a strong rebuilding period that won't be for the short term.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see.... 3 years for zero playoff wins and beating a 8-8 team in the playoffs followed by the Ravens missing a chip shot kick before getting embarrassed by the 9-7 Giants signifies that the 4 year rebuilding process is done?
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

And the Jerks success in the playoffs is? I know the Patriots lost their last 2 SB's, but when was the last time the Jerks made the SB?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the year : I agree with your post except the part about McD. I know he was the creator so to speak of the spread em out deep ball offense, but he ran the ball effectively that yer and in 08 when Cassel went down the Pats were a top 10 running team under McD, and that was with mediocre talent on the roster at RB. We CAN run the ball, we just choose not to. I think/hope that changes under McD.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

See you hit a key point there " in 08 when Cassel (here you meant to say brady I'm guessing, cassel took over for him ) went down the Pats were a top 10 running team under McD " Cassel is no brady that's why the pats were a top 10 running team that year. I know they can run the ball when they want to, is their commitment to it that is so frustrating to watch when they abandon it so early in games. I would like for McD to be more balance this upcoming season, to have brady more under center than in the shotgun. Our passing attack is powerful, and with a more than decent running game and a commitment to it this O will be hard to stop. It's very rewarding watching brady methodically rip apart a defense with 10+ plays per drive, not those quick strike drives that we're now accustomed to see. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

McDaniel's will be the big difference this season...

BB can go back to concerning himself with the defense and special teams.  Josh will bring back the running game, unpredictability, situational game planning which means a team that converts first downs and will open up the play book. 

Last year's D was good enough to win, both units will be substantially better this year, defense through an injection of youth and BB's complete attention, offense due to game planning and play calling.

The NFL is a coaches league...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see.... 3 years for zero playoff wins and beating a 8-8 team in the playoffs followed by the Ravens missing a chip shot kick before getting embarrassed by the 9-7 Giants signifies that the 4 year rebuilding process is done?

Yes. That is correct. Also, I am pretty sure your panties are ready to be picked up from the cleaners.  Expect an issue there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

JetMangione its obvious that you are a fan of the AFC Champion Patriots. Otherwise you wouldn't spend half of your life here. You need to chill out though, you are way too negative, the Patriots will be fine, actually much better than last year. Think positive for once! We are going to win it all, have faith!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Rusty I agree with you on one point and disagree with you on one point.

Agree- The luster is definitely off TB12. His performances in the playoffs the last few years are not indicative of a premier QB. The first pass attempt in the past SB (intentional grounding from his end zone) was a mistake you wouldn't expect Ryan Mallet to make. I think the Pats have been winning the last few playoff games in spite of TB12 not because of him.

Disagree- Dont even compare Alex Smith to Eli Manning. As much as we hate to admit it Eli is a franchise QB with TWO SB wins! And in the SF game he did outplay Alex Smith. Bottom line is 10 years from now all folks will remember is who won the SB, they wont even remember who was in the conference champioship games much less who played well in them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I wasn;t comparing Alex Smith to Eli Manning at all.  Manning is better than Smith.

I was simply saying, in the NFC title game, it was a low scoring defensive battle.  If that rookie kick returner didn't muff two kicks, it's veyry likely NE draws SF in the SB, not the Giants.

And, Eli Manning is not remotely in Brady's class, just like Roethlisberger isn't. If only Alex Smith had 1 OC his entire career and the Giants organization.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn;t comparing Alex Smith to Eli Manning at all.  Manning is better than Smith. I was simply saying, in the NFC title game, it was a low scoring defensive battle.  If that rookie kick returner didn't muff two kicks, it's veyry likely NE draws SF in the SB, not the Giants. And, Eli Manning is not remotely in Brady's class, just like Roethlisberger isn't. If only Alex Smith had 1 OC his entire career and the Giants organization.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Thank you Rusty for your point about the muffed punt returns. I have a Giants buddy who tells me how the Patriots were lucky to get in after Lee Evans dropped the pass (yet i'm pretty sure Sterling Moore just made a great play), and yet he refuses to listen when I bring up the two messed up punt returns, one of which, if I remember correctly, put them within the SF 10 yard line.

EDIT: Want to make it clear that I do NOT believe this is the sole reason the Giants got in, as you have to take advantage of the other teams' mistake. However, I think it's foolish if people just ignore it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the year : See you hit a key point there " in 08 when Cassel  (here you meant to say brady I'm guessing, cassel took over for him ) went down the Pats were a top 10 running team under McD " Cassel is no brady that's why the pats were a top 10 running team that year. I know they can run the ball when they want to, is their commitment to it that is so frustrating to watch when they abandon it so early in games. I would like for McD to be more balance this upcoming season, to have brady more under center than in the shotgun. Our passing attack is powerful, and with a more than decent running game and a commitment to it this O will be hard to stop. It's very rewarding watching brady methodically rip apart a defense with 10+ plays per drive, not those quick strike drives that we're now accustomed to see. 
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant "Brady went down". It is frustrating knowing we can run and choosing to be one dimensional. Brady is another year older so to me it is more important then ever to bring back a balance in pass to run ratio. I'd like to see an effort to get 5 or 6 guys in the 20 plus catch range. We have the talent, we need to spread the ball around and run the rock, protect the great one!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This is the year?  Lately they all are.

This year gets a bonus.  Often as not, BB drafts second round players that take a year or two to develop.  This year, most of the eggs in the basket are for two first rounder draft choices at linebacker.  Pass rushers are usually good to go on day one.  BB's first round linebackers (Mayo, Spikes was a second rounder) usually start right at the first game in September.  Most of the rest of the 2012 draft went into free agents, and they will also start in September.  BB had a full draft in 2011 and they will develop nicely -- Solder and Cannon should start and be good.  Gronk and Hernandez were peaking right at the end of last year and may get even better.

Big wave coming this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to This is the year : I will say this: having a high school schedule will help
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    Please name the high schools the Pats play this year.  I recall the schedule lists all NFL teams.  By the way, the Pats do not make their own schedule... if you have a problem with it, talk to the NFL and their opponents.

Sections
Shortcuts