This is what I want to see the Pats do this year in the draft...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

This is what I want to see the Pats do this year in the draft...

I know the season isn't over yet but this is what I want to see happen. First and foremost. I want the Pats to use there early picks. Enough with this trade down now for a pick next year bullsh*t. I'm tired of waiting for it to pay off. Use all of your 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks to get what we need. I want to see the Pats get atleast 2 of these.

1. A lockout down CB, someone to take controll on the defensive side of the ball.

2. A hard hitting and effective Safety to bolster our thin and weak secondary. 

3. A deep threat WR, who can stretch the field, someone to take pressure off Welker and the TEs.

4. A legit young pass rusher to put pressure on the QB. Carter and Anderson are fine fill ins but they're not getting any younger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: This is what I want to see the Pats do this year in the draft...

I'd just like to see them select the best possible guy sitting there when they select, rather than try to build on their reputation of being wicked smart and trade for some more of that delicious value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

That's pretty much what all us Pats fans want but I'm afraid it's going to be the same routine with BB. Trading down and picking up the "value" picks.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

1.  Cortland Finnegan
    2.  Draft
    3.  Johnny Knox
    4.  Mario Williams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

#1 and #2 would be easier to sign than gamble on a rookie in the draft to do. We will be picking in the 27-32 range. That is where we got McCourty and he was a pro-bowler a year ago who everyone is furious with now.

#3 we would have to trade up for unless Floys drops.

#4 is the must-get with one of the two 1st rd picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I like your priority list, but I would flip it around personally. BB does not have a good record with DB's in the draft, let's try to find a proven veteran that can help the younger guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: This is what I want to see the Pats do this year in the draft...:
    I like your priority list, but I would flip it around personally. BB does not have a good record with DB's in the draft, let's try to find a proven veteran that can help the younger guys.
    Posted by freediro

Great point

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: This is what I want to see the Pats do this year in the draft...:
    #1 and #2 would be easier to sign than gamble on a rookie in the draft to do. We will be picking in the 27-32 range. That is where we got McCourty and he was a pro-bowler a year ago who everyone is furious with now. #3 we would have to trade up for unless Floys drops. #4 is the must-get with one of the two 1st rd picks.
    Posted by rameakap

rame as usual we are on the same page, except their are other big dominant wideouts than blackmon and floyd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Posted by freediro

yes ive been saying the same. agreed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

i support the trade down, out and up strategy. i oppose overdrafting guys by a round or two in the top half of the draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They don't have four picks in the top 15.  There's maybe 3 lockdown corners in the NFL (and all were first round picks), a handful of good deep threats, and a handful of great pass rushers leaguewide.  You sound like you want four guys who are going to be top five players at their position in the NFL. 

There may not be that many guys on that level in a whole draft, and you can dang sure bet that no team is going to pick them all up in one sweep, especially one that picks in the last third of the drafting order.

If they can get half of what you want it will be a good draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think there's something to be said about how Bill drafts "team" players rather than talent. It's been shown in Philly that talent doesn't always equal success.

That being said, I want Belichick to draft the next Nnamdi Asomugha, Ed Reed, Randy Moss, and DeMarcus Ware.

Belichick is such a great coach and such an excellent personnel manager that there's no such thing as too much talent. If Bill were the coach over in Philly this season, they would be the 2011 Super Bowl champions.

Please, Bill, draft well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

daquan bowers played like the top 5 talent he is yesterday, 1.5 sacks and 5 tackles for a loss. justin houston had 3 sacks yesterday too. not exactly shocking stuff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wr in the draft would be a waste based on past picks. If the scouting staff hasnt been overhauled yet, I wouldnt touch any of them,

Anyone remember how much of a slam dunk pick Chad Jackson was supposed to be?

Great college production against good comp., Great size, speed, hands. Recomendation from a friend, drew up plays in the interview to their liking....all that and he was still a bust.

I wouldnt do it. Let some other teams sort out the busts. We can come in and get a 3 to 4 year guy in his prime that has been thru the learning curve already

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

all of those ideas sound good...also would like to see BB draft a dominant center to set the tone of the OLine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Free Agency: Dashon Goldston/Laron Landry/Michael Griffin

Draft:
    1a Devon Still
    1b Vinny Curry
    2a Mohamed Sanu
    2b Mike Brewster
    3  Ryan Broyles

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

If trading the two 1sts up would get them in position to draft Blackmon I would do it in a heartbeat, he is an absolute beast and his catch radius is ridiculous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Wr in the draft would be a waste based on past picks. If the scouting staff hasnt been overhauled yet, I wouldnt touch any of them, Anyone remember how much of a slam dunk pick Chad Jackson was supposed to be? ...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

i would agree with you on any other year. however i believe the 2012 draft is to wr what 2011 was to pass rushers. and i agree with mthurl that they should draft the consensus best available. i am betting there's always going to be a good wr anywhere the pats pick in the first three rounds. they would be ill-advised to overthink this again. i would apply the same strategy of picking two to hedge. perhaps use the other two picks on the best available kid on the d side.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

oh...also, would like them to stay away from kids with injury history.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Posted by seattlepat70

Seattle, I am ok with injured guys late, not in the top 3 rds.  I LOVE the Cannon pick this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Posted by seattlepat70

gronk missed his senior season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

need clarify...history of injury after injury.

i don't consider cannon's an injury. it was a treatable disease and we've seen players come back from it and perform at a high level. you only ahve to look to the sox to know that.

if gronk't was a one time injury he would still have been in.

it's the ras-i types that i don't like. brace falls in teh category. if chung keeps it up, he too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

If trading the two 1sts up would get them in position to draft Blackmon I would do it in a heartbeat, he is an absolute beast and his catch radius is ridiculous.
    Posted by FishTaco64

at the moment, looks a little unreachable.
    besides there are other guys similar.
    iowa state cb's held blackmon in check for .the most part
    im not sure hes gonna be megatron.
    if we do go wr, there are plenty in the first 3 rounds who may be standouts

my posts of my preferences are on the draft thread the last few months.
    they include getting f.a. at all the positions of need freeing us up to get the best playmakers/game changers available that fit on our team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

i love having an extra 2nd rounder every year. i just hate blowing those picks when great prospects are sitting right there for the taking.

Sections
Shortcuts