this is what you get with an 8 and8 record in new york

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

this is what you get with an 8 and 8 record in new york

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, right, and general manager John Idzik react as they speak to the media during an NFL football news conference Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013, in Florham Park, N.J. (AP Photo/Bill Kostroun)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: this is what you get with an 8 and8 record in new york

The caption:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

None needed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

caption: what a year we didnt suc k as much as the Giants

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Fixed it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

"Rex,we won't give you an extension,but we have this for you instead"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

8-8! Bravo! They've acheived the mediocrity they've striven for 2 out of the last 3 seasons. What are they going to do for the encore?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Hilarious, where are the trolls?!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

They did win the Super Bowl....they beat the Patriots once....you mean that isn't the Super Bowl to Jets fans?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Hey Russell, did you see who the defensive player of the week was last week in the AFC?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rex isn't a bad HC. He sure has a big mouth, but then, so do the fans. The jets big problem is at a GM level. How much of that is Rex's fault is debatable, but whoever is making decisions, do suck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Rex isn't a bad HC. He sure has a big mouth, but then, so do the fans. The jets big problem is at a GM level. How much of that is Rex's fault is debatable, but whoever is making decisions, do suck.

I don't know about that Babe. I think Rex is a brilliant/innovative defensive coach. I am not sure his personality and or his demeanor translates well as a HC. It just seems at times he can't help himself with the press. Seems to be a flaw for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The gatorade bath after beating the Dollfans was equally pathetic...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's not about the wins, it's about the media coverage.

Mission accomplished there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Rex did his finest coaching job this year. 

If they ever back in to getting a consistent QB watch out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I don't know about that Babe. I think Rex is a brilliant/innovative defensive coach. I am not sure his personality and or his demeanor translates well as a HC. It just seems at times he can't help himself with the press. Seems to be a flaw for him.

Getting to two AFCCGs with Mark Sanchez as QB screams: good HC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Rex will be fired before the end of the '14 season!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

One way to look at it... to me it screams GREAT D with a GREAT D coach.

Just an opinion but it sems he is not able to handle a lockerroom especially when there is adversity.

I know this is cliche but teams generally take on the persona of their HC and Jet teams under Ryan have tended to be undisciplined and unfocused at times for extended stretches.

Can he rally and motivate a team for one game? Absolutely. I just don't think he has the traits to bring consistency to a team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rex is absolutely a good Patriots coach. He bugs some Pats fans because we want to believe the only way to coach is to lock players down and not allow them to say anything to the media and so on. 

But it's not the only way. Rex did a great job with the talent he had this year. 

I didn't like how he handled Tebow but that felt like a spite the owner/GM thing. Jets have GM/personnel issues. 

"It just seems at times he can't help himself with the press."

True but that has no connection whatsoever to wins and losses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Just an opinion but it sems he is not able to handle a lockerroom especially when there is adversity.

I know this is cliche but teams generally take on the persona of their HC and Jet teams under Ryan have tended to be undisciplined and unfocused at times for extended stretches.

Can he rally and motivate a team for one game? Absolutely. I just don't think he has the traits to bring consistency to a team.

How do you think he would have done with Brady instead of Sanchez?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Hey Russell, did you see who the defensive player of the week was last week in the AFC?

If Rkarp is talking about then we know it has something to do with the jets!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

He would have needed Bill Belichick to get a Brady. He was the only guy smart enought to get Brady, and then keep an unprecedented 4 QBs on the roster(even though we had a 100 million dollar qb) instead of putting Brady on the practice squad. I wouldn't expect you to give him credit though, in your eyes Brady being a Pat probably has more to do with astrology or a zodiac sign.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

most mediocre to good teams would win with Brady. Heck Barry Switzer won a SB with Jimmy Johnson's team. 

Based on the state of the Jets and the make up of their current roster IMHO he is not the answer. As a Pats fan I am very happy Rex and geno will be in NY again next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

If Rkarp is talking about then we know it has something to do with the jets!

The entire thread is about the Jets dumb dumb

Sections
Shortcuts