this is what you get with an 8 and8 record in new york

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: this is what you get with an 8 and8 record in new york

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Rex isn't a bad HC. He sure has a big mouth, but then, so do the fans. The jets big problem is at a GM level. How much of that is Rex's fault is debatable, but whoever is making decisions, do suck.

I don't know about that Babe. I think Rex is a brilliant/innovative defensive coach. I am not sure his personality and or his demeanor translates well as a HC. It just seems at times he can't help himself with the press. Seems to be a flaw for him.

Getting to two AFCCGs with Mark Sanchez as QB screams: good HC.

One way to look at it... to me it screams GREAT D with a GREAT D coach.

Just an opinion but it sems he is not able to handle a lockerroom especially when there is adversity.

I know this is cliche but teams generally take on the persona of their HC and Jet teams under Ryan have tended to be undisciplined and unfocused at times for extended stretches.

Can he rally and motivate a team for one game? Absolutely. I just don't think he has the traits to bring consistency to a team.

How do you think he would have done with Brady instead of Sanchez?

He would have needed Bill Belichick to get a Brady. He was the only guy smart enought to get Brady, and then keep an unprecedented 4 QBs on the roster(even though we had a 100 million dollar qb) instead of putting Brady on the practice squad. I wouldn't expect you to give him credit though, in your eyes Brady being a Pat probably has more to do with astrology or a zodiac sign.

• Or Maybe the guy who suggested they draft Brady, Bobby Grier.
    •  BB was so smart that he waited until the 6th round?  
    • Unprecendened? You should look that word up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Rex isn't a bad HC. He sure has a big mouth, but then, so do the fans. The jets big problem is at a GM level. How much of that is Rex's fault is debatable, but whoever is making decisions, do suck.

I don't know about that Babe. I think Rex is a brilliant/innovative defensive coach. I am not sure his personality and or his demeanor translates well as a HC. It just seems at times he can't help himself with the press. Seems to be a flaw for him.

Getting to two AFCCGs with Mark Sanchez as QB screams: good HC.

No, it doesn't. Indy laid down in 2009.  That was an 8-8 team that did not deserve to be in the playoffs to begin with.

2010 was their best year, but they went to OT vs Detroit and Cleveland. lol

THere is no debate here: Immature, terrible leader who is in it for himself and his ego. t's why he started aligning with the press more so than usual in December when it appeared they were cooked.   He knows using them will help save his job.

The fact is, Rexie had no pressure in 2009 with a rookie QB so they played with house money and they surprised the Chargers.  Nate Kaeding missed FGs. Big deal.

In 2010, same thing, except he used the Pats game as a SB to the point you could predict a let down in the title game vs Pat as they got behind 24-0 by halftime.

It's a mirage.  

A coach needs to be a leader. Rex is anything but as proven over 5 years there.

I am still laughing at them keeping him and barely dribbling out a 1 year extension in 2015 because they themselves don't even believe in him. It's just that the fans stupidly do, so Woody does what the fans want, which is why they'll never win anything.

I am loving it.

Rex is not a leader?  So, what you're saying is that the Jets had the talent to do better than they have?  Who was that other nonleader that beat Brady and Manning back to back in the playoffs?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Gotta be one of the worst run teams in history. Joe Namath is shaking his head.

You should learn a little about the history of the game.  But just out curiosity, did you feel that the Pats were one of the worst run teams pre 2001?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ryan has never yielded a competent offense and I think it is more than just the personnel.  He is a good defensive mind, but you need to be at least somewhat capable on both sides of the ball.

Yeah the record was okay, but they were outscored by almost 100 points this year.  If they play like that again next year the result won't be as pretty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Rex did his finest coaching job this year. 

If they ever back in to getting a consistent QB watch out.

Have to agree with this.  Amid the giddiness expressed above in this thread should be a reality check that jets are in fact a dangerous team going forward.

Twice I picked against them in scoring contest hoping they would get blown out and got burned.  Wishful thinking.  Their defense was good and Geno can actually throw the football with authority (and a tight spiral) as long as he doesn't fumble... which were rookie type mistakes that are correctable . 

Pats lost on a fluky call but that was no mismatch fellas.. . . It was a close game.

We should laugh for sure but reality is that this team isn't going away and rex is laughing partly because he knows he gas a pretty good team going into next year.

Dude, they almost gave up 400 points this year. Their run D was solid every week for once, but their pass D was atrocious. No real pass rush and their pass coverage was on of the worst in the NFL. They're also perenially one of the worst at forcing turnovers.

Way too many busts in recent drafts (Wilson, now Milliner) or poor return on where a player was picked (Coples).

Any team that has blown recent drafts off the lockout is in real trouble because their base isn't built.  That's their main problem.  

That means they will be picking up crappy FAs and crossing their fingers. Even if they just give Rex a measly 1 year extension through 2015, what does that tell the players or FAs?  It tells them he's on a very short leash and for good reason. 5 seasons of mostly .500 or sub .500 work, with personnel moves mostly the responsibilty of Rex Ryan.

The fact you can't see they play their annual SB vs us every year and get all revved up for that one game and then collapse after it, is somewhat surprising to me.  They get up for home games with Rexie working his team into a lather and then they can't keep consistency.

They'll never win anything due to the leader of that team. Immaturity and irrational decision making is not a recipe for success as an NFL coach.

Without a QB or stability with a base of continuity from year to year, you're a sub .500 team or worse every year, which is essentially what they've been minus 2010's season when they went for it all in that one season.

Coach/QB league. NY has neither.

I find it to be a headscratcher what people are looking at. They're a complete disaster. I would not be shocked if Buffalo leapfrogged them next year in the division. Miami is also still above them because they have the better QB and a better defense.

Just saying that Geno is not as bad as some people think nor is millner who had a real good game against the dolphins taking out wallace and co.  They handled Miami when I expected them to fold for the year against Dolphins playing for the playoffs.  Didn't happen.  I picked Miami and was wrong. 

Jets coming back from the dead apparently.  Just have to count on rex likely screwing up the draft and offseason I suppose....lol...  and using his DT richardson at running back...did you see that...?   comical.

I did see that. He's a moron and was desperate trying to make news and make it about him.

I am glad Milliner had a nice game vs Miami but so did poor Buffalo's D the week earlier, so that isn't saying all that much.

Milliner was benched THREE times this year. 3. That is atrocious. I don't know of another top 10 pick that was benched 3 times this year.

Barring him exploding next year, as a #9 overall pick, he's clearly entered bust status as a rookie.

Gholston barely played as a rookie in 2008 and was shown the bench multiple times, too, as the #8 overall pick.

So what you're saying is that Milliner played well because he was desperate, but not until game 16?  I just love that your posts prove what an idiot you are time and time again.

So, Milliner had 2 picks vs the Tannehill, the guy who had a career day (400 yards, 3 TD ZERO PICKS, 120+ rating) vs the Pats D just a week or two prior. Maybe some of the those superstars on that pass D should have been just a little desperate instead of a lot pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Ryan has never yielded a competent offense and I think it is more than just the personnel.  He is a good defensive mind, but you need to be at least somewhat capable on both sides of the ball.

Yeah the record was okay, but they were outscored by almost 100 points this year.  If they play like that again next year the result won't be as pretty.

The offense was terrible.  Even with  talent, teams with 3 OCs in 3 years are rarely successful.  And yet the Jets laid 30 on that sucky Pats D.  Hmmm.  The Jets offense of the last three years can be summed up in one word.  Turnovers.  It's just that simple.  The Jets offense in 2009/2010 was more than adequate.  In 2011/2012 they were worst in the AFC in turnovers.  

First time HC are rarely capable on both sides of the ball.  They need fully competent OCs.  Your statement about Ryan never yeilding a competent offense is not only wrong, it's ignorant.  Ryan, in 4 of his 5 years did very little with the offense. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Jets will not make the playoffs in 2014.

Back in the prediction game, Rustyie?  I'm shocked. After what a fool you showed yourself to be this year, over and over, I thought you'd quit.  Nope.  You just can't help yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

The offense was terrible.  Even with  talent, teams with 3 OCs in 3 years are rarely successful.  And yet the Jets laid 30 on that sucky Pats D.  Hmmm.  The Jets offense of the last three years can be summed up in one word.  Turnovers.  It's just that simple.  The Jets offense in 2009/2010 was more than adequate.  In 2011/2012 they were worst in the AFC in turnovers.  

First time HC are rarely capable on both sides of the ball.  They need fully competent OCs.  Your statement about Ryan never yeilding a competent offense is not only wrong, it's ignorant.  Ryan, in 4 of his 5 years did very little with the offense. 

Rex ryan sucks.

Has anyone beat BB more times since 2009 than Rex Ryan?  Imagine, losing to that 8-8 team coached by a sucky coach and full of players that are worse at every position.... sounds like another huge Pats choke.  Not the biggest in history, though.  That was in 2010 when Brady gave up 28 points to Sanchez.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts