this is who the jets are replacing leon washington with:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

this is who the jets are replacing leon washington with:

from profootball talk:

A player's performance on the first morning of his first NFL minicamp probably isn't a very good predictor of what kind of career he's going to have. Which is good news for Jets rookie running back Joe McKnight.

According to tweets from various reporters on the scene, McKnight's morning included missing a pair of catchable balls, dropping a pass while falling awkwardlyand needing trainers to work on both calves because of cramps.

And, to top it all off, McKnight threw up on the field.

As we noted in today's one-liners, McKnight has been encouraged to follow veteran running backs LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene around "until they shoo you away." By puking on the field, McKnight may have found a way to make Tomlinson and Greene shoo him away quickly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Re: this is who the jets are replacing leon washington with:

Awesome

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yeah he's probably a dud, wish we have a guy like shonn greene though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

So the guy blew chunks all over the field.

No big deal.

Green New Jersey players don't need to be in shape.

They're going to bluster their way to the Super Bowl this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Wow he missed some catchable Balls. Are you serious. The kid was a good back at USC. Lets just wait until Training camp at least, before we crush the Jets. They have a good Team on paper right now. We have a Better QB and Coach. We have the making of a great Locker Room this year. The Pats always thrive in the Underdog role. I bet the The Dolphins finish 2nd behind the Pats this year. Jets go 8-8.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ha, Ha,  I don't cheer for people to fail but that is not a great first impression! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Joe McKnight is a RB not a Receiving back! No biggie he's a rookie and probably super nervous, but in the case of Holmes he's just a loser!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

yeah and Chad Jackson looked like a combination of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice in his rookie camp and how did that turn out??  I wouldn't read to much into these guys' first steps on the practice field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Jet Running game has taken a few steps back this year.  Their feature back, scatback, and starting Guard all departed.  McNight may or may not emerge as a decent replacement for Washington, in time. Dropping passes isn't a good sign.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: this is who the jets are replacing leon washington with::
    yeah and Chad Jackson looked like a combination of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice in his rookie camp and how did that turn out??  I wouldn't read to much into these guys' first steps on the practice field.
    Posted by siestafiesta

The dropping of balls and missed catches doesn't indicate anything. However, cramping and throwing up shows that he didn't keep in shape or that his body isn't use to working that hard, which could be very bad for him with the extra pressure replacing Washington

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

LOL , LMFAO , another brilliant thread by ArtieLang. Im sorry , but not everyone is created equal , LOL and Artie here is a perfect example of that. Hey Im not the brightest crayon in the box , LOL but Artie your not even in the box. Seriously at least once a week you can count on one/two - threads/post from jr. here that just makes you shake your head LOL! So the kid is out of shape , that doesnt mean hes some slob munching on burgers and fries all day. It just means hes not in NFL ready game shape , and he missed a couple catchable balls...wow , thats going to make the back pages in NY! This kid has as much talent as any RB in this years draft. As we speak RIGHT NOW , C.J. Spiller isnt even an every down back. Now who knows come Sept. , but right now hes not. I thought Best was the best ( LOL ) RB in this years draft and he needs a little work , theres nothing wrong w/ not being Thurman Thomas , Terrell Davis etc in May during your rookie year. And SportsBozo you should do a little homework buddy , Mcknight didnt show much in terms of receiving at USC , but showed great receiving skills in high school and just like Golden Tate ( RB in HS ) these skills will bring him a long way in the pros. His versatility and receiving skills will show up big come game time during his career in the NFL. Sorry if I came off as a D - B a g , I wasnt trying to be , but Mcknight's receiving skills is what first made heads turn.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The Jet Running game has taken a few steps back this year.  Posted by croc

i agree, you just don't replace thomas jones and leon washington with a rookie and an over-the -hill RB like LT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Our future hall of fame running back Paschal said that he needed to work on his conditioning too. I don't think these guys are used to NFL speed just yet so I wouldn't read into anything these guys did over the last 3 days. I still remember Chad Jackson looking like a beasty during his rookie mini camp and Andy Katzemoyer as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Are you guys just pretending to be football fans? Or do you really not have a clue , its not the RB , its the o-line! A dead man could rush for 750 behind that line. Losing Faneca is going to hurt more than losing Jones. Listen I would have loved for the Pats to pick him up for 2 yrs/5 mil , but he isnt going to make or break them or us for that matter. The jokes will run the ball regardless of whos in the backfield. And Mcknight will fill in for Washington. Hes a guy whos game will translate to the pros and IMHO will be a better pro than college player. And contrary to popular thought this kid can and will catch the ball and be very good at it. Do a little homework , this kid was noticed as a great high school WR. Once he gets the ball in his hands he absolutely knows what to do w/ it. LOL And one more thing , everyone on this board loves to kill the jest for everything they do and loves to kill the moves they've made this off season. LOL But they cant stop talking about them and thread/post 5 X's more stuff about them , then they do the Pats. And why isnt anyone paying any attention to the 'Fins? They have just as good of a running game , IMHO just as good of a rec corp including TE's , I like Henne as a legitimate NFL QB and think both him and Sanchez will be very good starters for many years to come. The jest D was no doubt much better last year , but that was last year. I wouldnt be surprised at all if their D fell off some , say from 1st to 10th , 12th. I believe in "moments in time" , for example like the 07' Pats , I absolutely knew that was never going to happen again. I was dreading the 08' season just for the fact that I knew we were going to try and do the samething. Teams caught on to us late in that year , why wouldnt we believe they would do they same the next year. The jest caught lightning in a bottle last year w/ their D. Plus Miami has a tremendous amount of talent all over the field and a lot of it is on the D side of the ball. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they have the best secondary for the next 4-5 years or longer depending on how long they can keep those guys together. And I really liked what they did in the draft , IMHO they had one of the better ones this year. Getting Odrick at 28 was a great pick up , hes exactly what Tuna looks for when it comes to playing on the D-line. And someone that I really liked , thought would fit in great in our scheme and was hoping the Pats would target was Koa Misi. Another Tuna/BB guy IMHO , 6-3/255 w/ a nasty attitude when it comes to chasing down players. In an NFL workout program he'll put on 10-12 lbs of muscle coming off the bus. I love his nastiness and mean streak and think he has everything you would want from a strongside linebacker. They filled another need by picking up A.J. Edds to eventually take over for Channing Crowder and play opposite Dansby in the MOE spot. I thought they got great value on all their picks , especially Edds and Reshad Jones though. I thought he would have went late second or somewhere in the third. I can see him getting some real run this year playing SS , even if they have Bell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

ok lol whatever you lol say lol troll lol. how old are you lol troll lol anyway lol? are you a 12 year old girl lol lol? because if you're not, you ought to be extremely embarrassed, troll. lol.

LOL , LMFAO , another brilliant thread by ArtieLang. Im sorry , but not everyone is created equal , LOL and Artie here is a perfect example of that. Hey Im not the brightest crayon in the box , LOL but Artie your not even in the box. Seriously at least once a week you can count on one/two - threads/post from jr. here that just makes you shake your head LOL! So the kid is out of shape , that doesnt mean hes some slob munching on burgers and fries all day. It just means hes not in NFL ready game shape , and he missed a couple catchable balls...wow , thats going to make the back pages in NY! This kid has as much talent as any RB in this years draft. As we speak RIGHT NOW , C.J. Spiller isnt even an every down back. Now who knows come Sept. , but right now hes not. I thought Best was the best ( LOL ) RB in this years draft and he needs a little work , theres nothing wrong w/ not being Thurman Thomas , Terrell Davis etc in May during your rookie year. And SportsBozo you should do a little homework buddy , Mcknight didnt show much in terms of receiving at USC , but showed great receiving skills in high school and just like Golden Tate ( RB in HS ) these skills will bring him a long way in the pros. His versatility and receiving skills will show up big come game time during his career in the NFL. Sorry if I came off as a D - B a g , I wasnt trying to be , but Mcknight's receiving skills is what first made heads turn.
    Posted by ONE-TIME

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

He went to USC he's soft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

LMAO, he threw up bcus he saw Rexy's cottage cheese thighs!! xD

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Are A dead man could rush for 750 behind that line.Posted by ONE-TIME

I dunno, I'm betting a dead man can't gain 750....lol.

Oh, wait, yer bein sarcastic....never mind.....lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Jets did the right thing in trading Washington...and in drafting RB Joe McKnight to replace him:
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/04/jets_news_notes_analyzing_the.html

What if Gronkowski had a bad mini-camp? Would that cause you-all to write him off? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: this is who the jets are replacing leon washington with: : What rookie?  Shonn Greene is replacing TJ. 
    Posted by bjesuss

joe mcknight.

shonn greene replaced TJ last year dumba$$

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what is your point on this? you are just blindly agreeing with what nj.com is saying? you usually have better analysis than that, texaspat.
    anyway the whole point with this thread was that it was funny that a guy that the jets drafted puked on his first day of practice and had butter fingers. who knows, he could turn into a great player...but this was still a funny article. and i'm glad our rookies showed good poise and conditioning. 

The Jets did the right thing in trading Washington...and in drafting RB Joe McKnight to replace him: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/04/jets_news_notes_analyzing_the.html           What if Gronkowski had a bad mini-camp? Would that cause you-all to write him off? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

what is your point on this? you are just blindly agreeing with what nj.com is saying? you usually have better analysis than that, texaspat. anyway the whole point with this thread was that it was funny that a guy that the jets drafted puked on his first day of practice and had butter fingers. who knows, he could turn into a great player...but this was still a funny article. and i'm glad our rookies showed good poise and conditioning.  In Response to Re: this is who the jets are replacing leon washington with: :
    Posted by artielang
    ...and heaven forbid if man-god BB's picks badly misses a tackle and falls on his face during camp. Maybe Zoltan the magnificent will shank a few? Will you write that up with the same enthusiasm or not touch it because your idol BB is involved?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: this is who the jets are replacing leon washington with: : But you said only the best players make the probowl, like Faneca.  This all doesn't sense.  Are you changing your story AGAIN?
    Posted by bjesuss

Hey Clown!   What kind of elementary school did you graduate from...15 years ago????  Your grammar, spelling, syntax and vocabulary are primative. You will probably split with the Bills if you are lucky this year. The Phins and Pats will take turns hammering your backside.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

He went to USC he's soft.
    Posted by fitz0527

Would you call any of the following guys soft?

Frank Gifford
    Ron Mix
    Willie Wood
    Anthony Munoz
    Ronnie Lott
    Lynn Swann
    Ron Yary
    Bruce Matthews
    Marcus Allen

I don't think an objective football fan would call any of these guys soft. In addition to being in the NFL Hall of Fame, they also played for the USC Trojans.

Sections
Shortcuts