This isn't balance.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: This isn't balance.

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

btw Babe:

"But it's pretty clear the facts show for some 3 decades NFL teams have passed about 35 times a game and run about 27."

learn what a decade is. According to your chart the 35 pass to 27 run started around 1990 and your chart goes to 2010 which is 2 decades not 3

You can disagree with the facts presented without the condescending attack on my intelligence, can't you?

I stated "passed about 35 times a game and run about 27". The chart shows the divergence toward passing more occurring around 1982. Going to 2012, that's 3 decades.

Using the term "about" is appropriate for the trend of the graph. The fact the numbers in a specific year may have actually been 35/30 is moot to the point I made, just as the fact in certain specific years where passing exceeded 35 times a game is moot to the general point I was making.

Hey you tend to say "WRONG" in caps at people this is just doing the same thing without being as rude as saying wrong in caps

Saying wrong in caps isn't as egregious as telling a grown man he doesn't know what a decade is. Nor is it as egregious as saying someone's claims are false when their claims are absolutely not and provably not false.

And you are WRONG about wrong in caps being rude. All caps is considered rude, but a single word used in caps is only for emphasis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

There is only one retort to babe's notion that balance isn't important, and that the Pats (despite what most sane fans have realized and what all talking heads have just recently started harping on) are actually a balanced team. That response is...

When logic and proportion
    Have fallen sloppy dead
    And the White Knight is talking backwards
    And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
    Remember what the doormouse said;
    "Feed YOUR HEAD, FEED YOUR HEAD, FEED YOUR HEAD......."

Your welcome.

The thing is.....

The doormouse don't know squat about football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

btw Babe:

"But it's pretty clear the facts show for some 3 decades NFL teams have passed about 35 times a game and run about 27."

learn what a decade is. According to your chart the 35 pass to 27 run started around 1990 and your chart goes to 2010 which is 2 decades not 3

You can disagree with the facts presented without the condescending attack on my intelligence, can't you?

I stated "passed about 35 times a game and run about 27". The chart shows the divergence toward passing more occurring around 1982. Going to 2012, that's 3 decades.

Using the term "about" is appropriate for the trend of the graph. The fact the numbers in a specific year may have actually been 35/30 is moot to the point I made, just as the fact in certain specific years where passing exceeded 35 times a game is moot to the general point I was making.

Hey you tend to say "WRONG" in caps at people this is just doing the same thing without being as rude as saying wrong in caps

Saying wrong in caps isn't as egregious as telling a grown man he doesn't know what a decade is. Nor is it as egregious as saying someone's claims are false when their claims are absolutely not and provably not false.

And you are WRONG about wrong in caps being rude. All caps is considered rude, but a single word used in caps is only for emphasis.

Oh my bad you know what a decade is then you just don't know how to read a graph. How are you a scientist without being able to read a graph?

btw about doesn't mean you can say 27 when the data shows 30-31 that's greater then a 10% error

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

And tanbass...soryy ta tell'ya- It affects everything.  It...Affects...EVERY-thing. 

You keep worrying about those numbers of pass vs run....and I'll worry about winning. Nuff said. The only thing it effect is the people on this board who feel the need to beat this dead horse day after day...month after month.

The numbers don't mean sh!t. The adjustmenst to what is working at the given moment is what matters. Anyone with half a brain knows you need to be good at both to be versatile enough to switch over to whatever the other team is giving you. The actual ratio numbers don't mean jack.

You are correct. As BB has said, he runs more if it's working. That's why I don't criticize him if he runs more, or if he runs less.

Funny, when I say you're beating a dead horse, you say I'm whining.                      

When somone else says it, you say they are correct.                                              

LMAO @ U.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

btw Babe:

Oh my bad you know what a decade is then you just don't know how to read a graph. How are you a scientist without being able to read a graph?

btw about doesn't mean you can say 27 when the data shows 30-31 that's greater then a 10% error

Okay already. I see you can't take the word "ABOUT" at face value and you apparently have some need to turn it into "exactly" despite my clearly terming it about.

How about this:

For three decades passing attempts have been steadily outpacing rushing attempts. And for 20 years passing has had about a 35/27 frequency ratio over rushing.

Happy now that my devious plot to dupe the masses has been corrected?

Sheesh. And some of you wonder why you are given a hard time.

(One other tip. Football isn't science.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

And tanbass...soryy ta tell'ya- It affects everything.  It...Affects...EVERY-thing. 

You keep worrying about those numbers of pass vs run....and I'll worry about winning. Nuff said. The only thing it effect is the people on this board who feel the need to beat this dead horse day after day...month after month.

The numbers don't mean sh!t. The adjustmenst to what is working at the given moment is what matters. Anyone with half a brain knows you need to be good at both to be versatile enough to switch over to whatever the other team is giving you. The actual ratio numbers don't mean jack.

You are correct. As BB has said, he runs more if it's working. That's why I don't criticize him if he runs more, or if he runs less.

Funny, when I say you're beating a dead horse, you say I'm whining.                      

When somone else says it, you say they are correct.                                              

LMAO @ U.

Difference is: you're whining about what other people choose to talk about. I'm not.

I'm saying he is correct about adjusting to what the ther team is giving you. My comments said nothing about dead horses or what persons should discuss.

You must be laughing into a mirror.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Those who can laugh at themselves will be endlessly entertained.

It's too bad you have no sense of humor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Getting tired of the same old people who complain about personal attacks ruining the board constantly personally attacking people. And they wonder why when they get slammed back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Getting tired of the same old people who complain about personal attacks ruining the board constantly personally attacking people. And they wonder why when they get slammed back.

Have fallen sloppy dead

Babe, feed your head man. It needs it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

We've beat this topic to death. like I said earlier, constantly starting this same thread is going to cause dissension here. The whole run / pass balance thing has been somewhat of a heated topic. I'm owing the belief that it's a better team when you have running game to go with the pass. It helps the passing game, protects the quarterback, and gives the defense rest.

That's just my opinion of it, everyone is entitled to their own but enough of this same topic please.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

I seriously think Babe would be angry if Ridley and Bolden shared a combo of 30 carries and this team won the SB, simply because it wouldn't be about Brady.

Sick.

Well, you seriously would be wrong. Same old attack dog way from you. Lots of spin and no substance as usual.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

We've beat this topic to death. like I said earlier, constantly starting this same thread is going to cause dissension here. The whole run / pass balance thing has been somewhat of a heated topic. I'm owing the belief that it's a better team when you have running game to go with the pass. It helps the passing game, protects the quarterback, and gives the defense rest.

That's just my opinion of it, everyone is entitled to their own but enough of this same topic please.

Question:

ARE YOU SAYING THE SAME THING IN THREADS CHEERING ABOUT THE NEW BALANCE?

No, didn't think so. It appears your credibility is taking a nose dive here.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Have fallen sloppy dead

Babe, feed your head man. It needs it.

Nice!  Excellent lyrical reference.

Anyone find it odd that a 60 year old man who grew up watching how the run and physical play was always such a big part of winning teams and now he wants our own team to not have any part of that?

Very, very odd.

I think it's great that he's in love with Tom Brady. No issues here with homosexuality. Let and let live, have at it, etc. But, enough with this.  Jesus.

No need to get into your weird jag about people loving Brady. People are tired of it. Or so they say. Actually, they don't really say it much do they. I guess it depends who it is doing the attacking. The great champions of no personal attacks remain silent when you do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Question:

What are you talking about? I don't really care about my credibility  with you anyways lol. You think I'm Rusty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Then, why you do keep rooting against what has been holding back this offense in the postseason since 2007?

Learn the game from the rest of us who know it and pipe down.  Your obsession with aligning with trolls who hate BB and would rather back Brady, is disturbing.

The rest of us see what you're doing as a subtle troll, but enough.  Just go order another Brady print and leave us to the big boy 2012 discussions.

Some of us want this team to win a SB again and it ain't happening with Brady throwing 40+ times per game in the postseason.

I'll bet you right now. I'll bet you whatever you want.  If Brady throws 40+ in Jan and February and we win the game, you win. If he doesn't and we win any of the hopeful 3 total games played for a SB title, I win.

It's like the 2001-2004 Pats passed you by and you showed  up in 2007, which is becoming very likely the case with you and your little annoying clique here.

Prolate leaves games early for the train, you started watching this team in 2007. Go figure.

Says you that not enough running and the shotgun has held us back. The rest of the world says it has been bad defense. But you're right and the rest of the world is wrong... correct Rusty?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Question:

What are you talking about? I don't really care about my credibility  with you anyways lol. You think I'm Rusty.

You come into threads about balance that are saying the balance has been adequate and call it beating a dead horse.

You say no such things in threads about balance that say it was not balanced.

That pretty much shouts your agenda loud and clear. It's not that I think you have no credibility. It's that anybody who can read does.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Question:

You come into threads about balance that are saying the balance has been adequate and call it beating a dead horse.

You say no such things in threads about balance that say it was not balanced.

That pretty much shouts your agenda loud and clear. It's not that I think you have no credibility. It's that anybody who can read does.

You make no sense what so ever. I've never changed my opinion on this from day one. I like this years offense better, Im not saying that its not balanced at all nor have I said it. This is the 3rd time you have misquoted me here. The last time that I called you on it you deleted your comment after realizing it. You are the only one on this entire forum that I've ever had a problem with but I don't care. I'll go back to my job as a firefighter while you continue to sit at home instigating arguments here and insulting people. Unless you have something to say to my face then don't bother, it means nothing. I'm not the one who was banned from here. 

Im done with this so go ahead and get in your last insult, I won't see it nor do I care.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He thinks everyone is me and he struggles to realize (scary stuff as it is with others who follow Babe) that others (many others) happen to agree with me and me with them.

Again, he is as sick as our trolls.

Same old personal attacks. Bro, I don't care. You lose every time on the facts so keep on calling those who disagree with you sick. It just shows cleary who you really are.

Even guys who hate the Pats and Brady disagree with you about him. That should tell you something. But it doesn't. You're too far gone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You make no sense what so ever. I've never changed my opinion on this from day one. I like this years offense better, Im not saying that its not balanced at all nor have I said it. This is the 3rd time you have misquoted me here. The last time that I called you on it you deleted your comment after realizing it. You are the only one on this entire forum that I've ever had a problem with but I don't care. I'll go back to my job as a firefighter while you continue to sit at home instigating arguments here and insulting people. Unless you have something to say to my face then don't bother, it means nothing. I'm not the one who was banned from here. 

Im done with this so go ahead and get in your last insult, I won't see it nor do I care.

Exactly how have I insulted you? By pointing out your double standard?

I simply pointed out if you go in one thread about balance and call it beating a dead horse, then go in another about balance and act as a cheerleader, your credibility will suffer with fair minded persons. That's not an insult.

I think you are in error stating that there aren't others you have had problems with.

You're the one who came in here and hijacked the thread. I wouldn't call that someone not looking for trouble.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hey Rusty, I assume we'll see you at the game Sunday?  Don't worry, the train doesn't leave until half an hour after the game ends.  You won't miss a minute . . . 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts