THIS Just In!!! According to a Yahoo Investigative Report, Our own Vince Wilfork...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: THIS Just In!!! According to a Yahoo Investigative Report, Our own Vince Wilfork...

In Response to THIS Just In!!! According to a Yahoo Investigative Report, Our own Vince Wilfork...:
    [QUOTE]...Went to a bunch of really nice VIP parties while at The University of Miami, in which there are confirmed reports that he did NOT have to pay cover charge, AND some unconfirmed reports that some drinks might have been bought for him.  Not ONLY that, BUT- There was a "bounty system", such as there is in a great many high profile Football College Alumni events (that noone ever talks about...so, shhh)...Vince Wilfork was paid 1250 dollars, for doing nice hits/big-game hits, in not 1, but 2! college games.  NOT only ALL of THAT, but 7 years ago, some University of Miami Alumni guy that's now serving a 20 year jail sentence for a ponzi scheme, said that he gave Vince Wilfork a washer AND a dryer machine, FOR FREE...NO Charge (ILLEGAL) <there's an anonymous source about THIS transaction too...although noone has yet mentioned I don't think, whether or not if the washer/dryer was one'a those combo models, and/or some hot cool color, or seperate units altogether...we DO know, that it was both however (just unconfirmed, but not uncertain) />.  FINALLY (as if all this wasn't bad enough):  Vince Wilfork signed initially with this SAME sc#mbag Alumni Guy as his very 1st sport's agent, just prior to The NFL Draft, and THROUGH this alumni's false/shady sport's agency, He gave our OWN, Vince Wilfork, a $50,000 signing bonus- umm, those words don't look sketchy enough- He GAVE Wilfork, a $50,000 PAYOFF gift (for signing wit his agency)....BE-fore the draft, although we're not really sure when (a day, a week, a month, ?)...the point though is: Although this TOO, is just unconfirmed, It's STILL very illegal (according to the NCAA).   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Yawn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Re: THIS Just In!!! According to a Yahoo Investigative Report, Our own Vince Wilfork...

I think the most telling part of this story is that there apparently were "bounties" placed on players of opposing teams by this particular benefactor of the UM program. If a UM player injured an opposing player, they received a "bonus."

This jibes EXACTLY with that was reported by Dan LeBatard in the Miami Herald 15 years ago about the UM program, except back then the program's biggest benefactor was rapper Luther Campbell, and not some alumni/booster.

Everything else that goes on at "The U" is the same as goes on everywhere else, but I believe they're the only program that's actually had its illegal benefactors paying players "bonuses" for injuring players on the other team.

That's what's always made that program, to me, one of the more disgusting in the history of college athletics. They actually encourage and embrace thuggish and boorish behavior down there, rather than simply acknowledging that it goes on and turning a blind eye to it (I know this from first-hand experience since I lived down there for 6 years when it really was still "The U"--early 90s under Dennis Erickson).

Worse yet, when a local media guy, like LeBatard, tried to expose what was going on there, the Miami fans climbed all over his back and screamed for him to "leave UM alone...they're good for the community!!"

Unreal...that's not the type of team that I want representing my community or university, I can tell you that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I really don't care.  I would have taken money too.  Not to throw a game or something, but to survive while I was waiting to get drafted?  Yep, I sure would have, and I don't blame anyone else for it.  College sports are a sham.  It's o.k. for a college to give a guy a scholarship worth what, $20,000 a year or more, just to play football, but he better not take any other freebies from anyone else?  Baloney.  Not saying this because he is a Patriot, just think it is a silly thing to be up in arms about in general.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to THIS Just In!!! According to a Yahoo Investigative Report, Our own Vince Wilfork...:
    [QUOTE]...Went to a bunch of really nice VIP parties while at The University of Miami, in which there are confirmed reports that he did NOT have to pay cover charge, AND some unconfirmed reports that some drinks might have been bought for him.  Not ONLY that, BUT- There was a "bounty system", such as there is in a great many high profile Football College Alumni events (that noone ever talks about...so, shhh)...Vince Wilfork was paid 1250 dollars, for doing nice hits/big-game hits, in not 1, but 2! college games.  NOT only ALL of THAT, but 7 years ago, some University of Miami Alumni guy that's now serving a 20 year jail sentence for a ponzi scheme, said that he gave Vince Wilfork a washer AND a dryer machine, FOR FREE...NO Charge (ILLEGAL) <there's an anonymous source about THIS transaction too...although noone has yet mentioned I don't think, whether or not if the washer/dryer was one'a those combo models, and/or some hot cool color, or seperate units altogether...we DO know, that it was both however (just unconfirmed, but not uncertain) />.  FINALLY (as if all this wasn't bad enough):  Vince Wilfork signed initially with this SAME sc#mbag Alumni Guy as his very 1st sport's agent, just prior to The NFL Draft, and THROUGH this alumni's false/shady sport's agency, He gave our OWN, Vince Wilfork, a $50,000 signing bonus- umm, those words don't look sketchy enough- He GAVE Wilfork, a $50,000 PAYOFF gift (for signing wit his agency)....BE-fore the draft, although we're not really sure when (a day, a week, a month, ?)...the point though is: Although this TOO, is just unconfirmed, It's STILL very illegal (according to the NCAA).   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    =======================================================
      Who cares?? Compared to Haynesworth, Vince is choirboy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Vince Wilfork 

I am aware of the report that has claims that involve me while at the U 

......While the NCAA and the U conduct their investigations and I believe that it is not appropriate for us to comment.  

Thanks for your continued support and confidence in me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

* Reggie Bush secretly smiles too*