This might be the first step

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Re: This might be the first step

In Response to This might be the first step:
    [QUOTE]So Chad OchoCinco who has made no secret that if it was up to him he would be a Patriot next season has just told the world that he plans on changing his name back to Chad Jonhson. Could this be the first step to him trying to get to Foxboro? Think about it, whether you want him here or not (cause that's not the point) the guy does all this shameless self promotion and maybe one of the conditions of him coming to the Pats would be cutting that sh*t out. Maybe he had a privet conversation with Bill or someone else from the team in which they laid out what it would take for him to catch balls from Tom Brady. And maybe this was the first step to him doing that. I cant see Chad OchoCinco the circus freak coming to the Pats but I can see Chad Johnson the football player coming to the Pats. So I am NOT asking if you want him I am asking if you think could be the first step to him MAYBE coming to the Patriots? Cause if you take away his sideshow antics he is still a very good player and would fill a good role on the team. Belichick loves the guy and the only thing in the way is his side show antics so like i said do any of you think this could be a sign that he is trying to clean up his act? (Not clean up his act cause he is not a bad guy I.E. he doesn't get pulled over or beat his girlfriends he just runs his mouth) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de9b72/article/ochocinco-vows-to-switch-last-name-back-to-johnson?module=HP_headlines
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

It's possible.  I'm sure he knows that his act wouldn't go over very well in Foxboro and on other teams, for that matter.

I think he'll have tone down his act no matter where he goes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, it's certainly the first step toward probably having a new number, which he likely will, as he seems a prime candidate not to return to the Bungles next season.

As to what he could or could not bring to the Pats . . .  I've always thought of Ocho as a guy who comes to play, but I can't help but wonder why he and his co-host couldn't seem to get on the same page with Carson Palmer this season.

It's curious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: This might be the first step:
    [QUOTE]Oh my god.  get a grip.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Patssincebeforechrist:  I have bit my lip with every stupid recent posting you have made on here about personnel moves.

My friend, it is now the Patriots off-season and the fun part of that is playing "GM"! 

If you don't like it, I would highly recommend you stop reading and responding to these posts. 

There must be some sort of forum for over the hill and out of work I.T. geeks like yourself that you can have fun with.

Good riddance!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

As soon as i heard this on the radio yesterday this was also the first thought i had about this. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

pats fan since the 2nd day of time, this is the boston.com patriots forum, you know for patriots fan.. even the writers do polls asking who should the pats draft, what do you think of thise, etc, etc, etc. find your teeth and close your mouth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This might be the first step : 1.  I am NOT your friend, pal. 2.  I'm not an "IT geek". 3.  GM wannabes can go to http://www.footballforum.com/
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Umm, if you are running three computers at a time - one on Linux - you are an I.T. Geek!

No disrespect to other IT professionals on here.  Patsfanbeforechrist is your typical overweight I.T. professional that works from home and has terrible hygene and social skills.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

NESN Insider is babbling about STallworth.    If they do go that route (cheap, veteran with upside), I am not against it.

I just don't want there to be heavy strings attached ($$ and years).

If someone like a Stallworth or  Chad Johnson want to come in for the minimum with a 1 year deal and incentives, then I don't have an issue with it.

I just don't buy that they would do that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

make him a corner he can really...cover

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]NESN Insider is babbling about STallworth.    If they do go that route (cheap, veteran with upside), I am not against it. I just don't want there to be heavy strings attached ($$ and years). If someone like a Stallworth or  Chad Johnson want to come in for the minimum with a 1 year deal and incentives, then I don't have an issue with it. I just don't buy that they would do that.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Seems like Stallworth always has a one year deal.  I said it seems that way  I like the guy but didn't he sort of disappear in Cleveland before the DUI incident?  Also, what kind of a season did he have with the Ravens?  Any idea?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]make him a corner he can really...cover
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

Cromartie just burned down the warehouse where these are stocked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

what numbers are available?  he could become OchoOcho or OchoSeveno or just be Ocho

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Ocho Elvis

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Rodney King once said........." we all can get along " everyone made fun of the guy but boy he was dead right on ...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to This might be the first step:
    [QUOTE]So Chad OchoCinco who has made no secret that if it was up to him he would be a Patriot next season has just told the world that he plans on changing his name back to Chad Jonhson. Could this be the first step to him trying to get to Foxboro? Think about it, whether you want him here or not (cause that's not the point) the guy does all this shameless self promotion and maybe one of the conditions of him coming to the Pats would be cutting that sh*t out. Maybe he had a privet conversation with Bill or someone else from the team in which they laid out what it would take for him to catch balls from Tom Brady. And maybe this was the first step to him doing that. I cant see Chad OchoCinco the circus freak coming to the Pats but I can see Chad Johnson the football player coming to the Pats. So I am NOT asking if you want him I am asking if you think could be the first step to him MAYBE coming to the Patriots? Cause if you take away his sideshow antics he is still a very good player and would fill a good role on the team. Belichick loves the guy and the only thing in the way is his side show antics so like i said do any of you think this could be a sign that he is trying to clean up his act? (Not clean up his act cause he is not a bad guy I.E. he doesn't get pulled over or beat his girlfriends he just runs his mouth) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de9b72/article/ochocinco-vows-to-switch-last-name-back-to-johnson?module=HP_headlines

Started out freaking just from the first few lines... but then you kind of got me.  Yeah, the name change, drop the antics, and MAYBE.  I never understood the Chad/Bill thing, but if Bill DOES like him, he may give it a go.  The return of Chad Johnson would be a step.  Not sure if I want the player though.  Rather have someone with giddyup speed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

you cant change a tigers stripes... he is who he is...no matter what he chooses to call himself...

he does seem to be a good competitor and bill does like him

but him being here... just not sure he could do what was necessary to be on THIS team...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yea, but the second step would be deleting his twitter account (He would never), third step would be not making a reality show during his tenure (including his show with TO), fourth step would be not to complain to media at all during the duration of a season.  

It seems like a long shot, but anything is possible.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]what numbers are available?  he could become OchoOcho or OchoSeveno or just be Ocho
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

I dunno . . .

I think Ocho Johnson has a nice ring to it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

would his middle name be "inch"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from laxnpats. Show laxnpats's posts

im not saying we should brin him in but if he can get back to his oldself he would be great cuz we need swagger its a fact and hes not afraid to get into anyones face even brady it might be a good thing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Getzo I agree but at the same time there is a list of Pats right now that have twitter accounts and BB has never reprimanded anyone for it. So He could keep his twitter. His media talking and TV show would have to stop though. But people do things out of character to win a super bowl. If he wants to win games he will do what he has to do.

I feel you man, but that is what we hoped for with Moss, and Dillion.  Dillion truly just wanted to win and I think his question of character was more a cincy problem than anything else.  Chad is really out there at times, but I would honestly welcome him knowing he has some skill left.  Our three receiver sets would look pretty nice. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

From a skill perspective, he's a great fit, unfortunately that's where it ends, IMO.  BB is not a fan of players openly expressing themselvs to the media and that's all Chad does.  BB also likes a player whos main focus is football and I don't think that can be said about Chad (i.e. The T.Ocho Show).  I also don't think he'd provide a positive influence for the yournger WR's or teammates for that matter.  Sure BB finds Chad comical (or atleast appears to), but he's also on another team and doesn't have to deal with it internally on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dillion turned out to be a piece of crap. Wife beater. Shame, the guy had talent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]Patsfansince1966 I am not saying the Pats should sign this guy or trade for him. Im so not one of those kids trying to play GM I was asking if any of you think this is the first step to Chad trying to get his foot in the door. He has said countless times that he wants to play for Bill Belichick and he knows that his act wont work here and also that Herandez already wears the number 85 for the Pats. I was not saying anything that would warrant you telling me to "get a grip" I dont know how you got that out of what I wrote cause Im pretty sure I made myself clear. I never once said the Pats should sign him or anything like that I just pointed out that he is changing his name and that I think the reason is he wants to be a Pat. No need to be a d*ck.
    Definitley, maybe. 
    Hey,  he made it pretty clear that he would like to play for the Pats.  You know how Moss was able to tow the line his first couple of years in NE.  He could do the same.  
    The question is, do the Pats need him? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

As far as his antics are concerned,  I find him a little more on the fun side than say TO who seems to be more about "ME" and can be very disruptive to the team.