This New Format Sucks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: This New Format Sucks!

The whole website sucks. You can see 'whats trending' but you can't check standings or a box score

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The whole website sucks. You can't even check standings or box scores
    Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

How long before BDC actually gets the message?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-Cowboy. Show Boston-Cowboy's posts

Why do I have to go to the Stats section just to find out when the start time is for the next game played? This should be on the top of each team's section, if not the home page of the entire sports section.

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I the only one having major problems posting? I can no longer cite articles, or cut and paste from those articles. I have to "reboot" the system every time I post, because the new system keeps bringing me back to the thread order of 10 days ago. Every time BDC provides us with an "improved format", the quality is worse.

[/QUOTE]

Lot of problems also.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully by then, this mess will finally be fixed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

harder to read and follow threads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

IF it helps ANY BDC formatter reading this:  The lone way I can see this forum updated <most of the time> is just by going to the "Sports" forum...not the On the front burner anywhere really...nor any 1 of the Patriots forum word-links.  That is it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These are the types of changes whose goal is to eliminate the posters.  Seems like they're starting to phase-out these forums...

[/QUOTE]

Could be. Otherwise, this switch to this garbage format, and BDC's inability or the apparent lack of concern over getting getting the system running properly, makes no sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Very confusing and takes too much time, went on vacation and came home ready to catch up and was unable to find the forums at first now hate trying to read them the way they are set up. If anyone else knows of good places to interact with other fans please post. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I think this might actually be some kind of'a game:  You say what works, someone at the magical big computerland of Oz helm works to skew that...just slightly enough to keep you trying and trying yet again.  Most websites are based on clicks right?  Maybe this is a new BDC ownership way to margin up the fool's gold of BDC stock options before selling some massive shares for a quick gain...  <  This idea has GOT to be better than anything else I can consider at this stage.

Note to self:  Check if BDC shares went up decently in the past 2 weeks.

Future note to self:  Check if BDC shares went down 2-3 weeks from now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

If you dont clear your history every day, you should have no problem accessing the board. Simply type BOS into the subject line of your browser. Youll get a drop down that provides a direct link to this forum. (Or to someplace on the board). Just click the link, and youre here

Or even if you dont clear history every day, just google "Boston.com message board" and get a direct link that way

What's so difficult?

Finding the site isnt a problem. The problem is the site itself. It sucks, and it's getting suckier

The people in charge dont care if the problems get fixed or not. There's no urgency on their part to address longstanding/new issues. There never has been. The message board is and always will be low priority around here

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I the only one having major problems posting? I can no longer cite articles, or cut and paste from those articles. I have to "reboot" the system every time I post, because the new system keeps bringing me back to the thread order of 10 days ago. Every time BDC provides us with an "improved format", the quality is worse.

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even find the forum at first!!!  Now that I found it, I sure don't like how it looks!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You get what you pay for, I guess.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

Since when is it wrong to suck?Lots of people make a living do just that .Perhaps you need a pony.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IF it helps ANY BDC formatter reading this:  The lone way I can see this forum updated <most of the time> is just by going to the "Sports" forum...not the On the front burner anywhere really...nor any 1 of the Patriots forum word-links.  That is it.

[/QUOTE]So now you think other posters can read? This is not your pot smoking Maine grade 5 class this is the real world.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I think they are phasing out the laptop computer...  Sitting down and typing something witty and/or sensical and/or novel is simply being phased out of society.  Apps centering on fast-typing monosyllabic inner monologues are what's "In".  The rest of us are just dinosaurs of fielding and playing out larger utterances.  I'm not sure my computer has MS Word.  ...OR-  May be I gotta go somewhere else because whomever said that this is now geared to facebook and quick multi-linking devices nailed the format here.  NO room for the fan forums?  TexasPat nailed it:  When I came on here in 2004-ish, the manner and format to use forums and post was a lightyear ahead of the past 3 "Updates".  Uggh-Now we're asking for an actual link that updates posts...the time of wanting to place a "Reply" in an actual quote box verses a MS DOS [/QUOTE-systemXhuhUFNJ]=Is like the Golden Age of BDC Forum yesteryear beatitudes.  Soon, we'll be asking that the computer letters we type actually match up to the keystrokes in the box.  I might sign up to PatsFans.com here this time 'round.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

What do you guy's want for free! I must have a lot more patients than some of you. It does say Beta and it is working better as they work through all the bugs. Nothing stays the same for ever, change is inevitable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What do you guy's want for free! I must have a lot more patients than some of you. It does say Beta and it is working better as they work through all the bugs. Nothing stays the same for ever, change is inevitable.

[/QUOTE]

Change is inevitable, but when you move from the automobile to the horse and buggy that's NOT progress.

Beta is not bettah.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you mean you have more "patience" or are you a Doctor?! LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is the first time I have been able to finally get to see the forums.  Did not realize you have to be signed into Boston.com just to have the "forums" link appear at the top.

[object HTMLDivElement]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . sure it sucks . . .  but we go through this same conversation every time "they" make meaningless changes to the place we like to hang out. This is all part of the systematic retardation of the American public. Content, accessibility or even simple visual comfort are meaningless. The only thing that really matters is that a preponderance of mutant, tech-neck lemmings "like" it.

I generally like to save my generic, old-man complaint for more important things, but this is just further evidence that the Idiocracy is upon us much sooner than any of us ever expected and it's "trending" just fine.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well . . sure it sucks . . .  but we go through this same conversation every time "they" make meaningless changes to the place we like to hang out. This is all part of the systematic retardation of the American public. Content, accessibility or even simple visual comfort are meaningless. The only thing that really matters is that a preponderance of mutant, tech-neck lemmings "like" it.

I generally like to save my generic, old-man complaint for more important things, but this is just further evidence that the Idiocracy is upon us much sooner than any of us ever expected and it's "trending" just fine.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, "mutant, tech-neck lemmings."  The same ones that are already itching to get their hands on the latest version of their smart phone that they just got 2 months ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Agree. DO. NOT. LIKE.

Took awhile to even find the forum. No notice of changes? With all that could be done to make discussion forums user friendly- it appears BDC has moved backwards- again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree. DO. NOT. LIKE.

Took awhile to even find the forum. No notice of changes? With all that could be done to make discussion forums user friendly- it appears BDC has moved backwards- again.

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother! As previously stated, this new format sucks!!

Sections
Shortcuts