This one reminded me a lot of the Cleveland loss a few years ago...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This one reminded me a lot of the Cleveland loss a few years ago...

Nothing went right that game.  Nothing.  We were clearly the better team that day but we just got spanked.  Couldn't buy a break.  Today was the same.  It's a loss, that's all.  We're 4-1 and in good shape.  Go Enjoy the day with your family and forget about it.  Go Pats!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Re: This one reminded me a lot of the Cleveland loss a few years ago...

Agreed....this is a typical year in that Pats drop a game bad early in the season, BB gets a feel for the teams weaknesses through mid-season, BB makes adjustments, then the team plays strong in Nov and Dec.

However, the problem this year is that there isn't much depth on this team and basically every "best case scenario" [ie, Gronk back 100% healthy, young WR's develop, Kelly stays healthy, young d-lineman fill in for VW...etc] must play out for this team to go far into the playoffs IMO.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i was thinking the same thing right after the loss. reminded me of the cardinals game last year as well. we play games like this seemly every year, e.g.: 2004 losing to the one win Phins, 2007 almost falling to the Ravens, 2010 Browns, 2011 Buffalo, 2012 Arizona. it happens alot early in the year. the team will grow from it. if they repsond big and play good vs. NO i aint got no worriessssss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Nothing went right that game.  Nothing.  We were clearly the better team that day but we just got spanked.  Couldn't buy a break.  Today was the same.  It's a loss, that's all.  We're 4-1 and in good shape.  Go Enjoy the day with your family and forget about it.  Go Pats!!!

I was waiting to post this exact thread tomorrow as this may get buried, so make sure to bump this tomorrow morning if I forget too.  

I mean being 4-1 was what everyone wanted to be at this point.

The same people say there is going to be growing pains with the new receiver core, yet people are still complaining about getting on the same page.

Tom Brady was the reason we were 4-0, and now he is too old and why we are 4-1.

We are without Vereen, Gronk, Amendola rusty, Wilfork out, Ridley at home, on the road and rainy going up against the best d line they have faced... this was never going to be easy....

Jeesh...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

I was waiting to post this exact thread tomorrow as this may get buried, so make sure to bump this tomorrow morning if I forget too.  

The same people say there is going to be growing pains with the new receiver core, yet people are still complaining about getting on the same page.

We are without Vereen, Gronk, Amendola rusty, Wilfork out, Ridley at home, on the road and rainy going up against the best d line they have faced... this was never going to be easy....

Jeesh...

[/QUOTE]

preech it Getzo. please, everyone needs to chill the f out. if they lay an egg against the saints in a game they should be up for, then we can have concerns. you can't win em all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Jeesh...

preech it Getzo. please, everyone needs to chill the f out. if they lay an egg against the saints in a game they should be up for, then we can have concerns. you can't win em all.

TY, and well said...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good points all around. The true measure of a team's character is how they bounce back from adversity. To me, they don't even have to win next week, but play well, eliminate miscues, and see where the cards falls. It's a 16 game season and we are off to a good start. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I'm not terribly concerned. The Pats played a great defensive team on the road. Their offense, naturally, struggled. 

Had the defense struggled against what I consider only an above-average offense, then I would be concerned. But this wasn't the case. The defense, as they have all season, stood tall and played very, very well.

The offense had an off day, but it was half-expected. Again, they were going on the road and playing a phenomenal defense. 

No major concerns here. 4-1 with a lead in the division is a good place to be. Onto the Saints.

Let's go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I don;t agree. We moved the ball in the Cleveland, game but Brady threw INTs.  Also, our D got trounced.   We were starting 4 rookies and Peyton HIllis had like 150 yards.

Manboobs and Daboll acted like it was a SB and their place was rocking all day.

This was not like that at all.  Our D was aweosome and our offense couldn't cross midfield.

It reminded me more of XMas eve at home vs Miami.  In that game we didn't cross midfield the entire first half,  and our D was still getting healthy before the playoffs.

We were down 21-0, but Brady snapped out of it and they came back to win.  That did not happen today, so it was actually way worse than that.

I think he was alluding to more of the loss in itself and sloppy execution that took place.  Not the exact occurrences that took place.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I don;t agree. We moved the ball in the Cleveland, game but Brady threw INTs.  Also, our D got trounced.   We were starting 4 rookies and Peyton HIllis had like 150 yards.

This was not like that at all.  Our D was aweosome and our offense couldn't cross midfield.

It reminded me more of XMas eve at home vs Miami.  In that game we didn't cross midfield the entire first half,  and our D was still getting healthy before the playoffs.

We were down 21-0, but Brady snapped out of it and they came back to win.  That did not happen today, so it was actually way worse than that.

I think he was alluding to more of the loss in itself and sloppy execution that took place.  Not the exact occurrences that took place.  

Ahh.  I see.

Exactly.  I had the same bad taste in my mouth after the Cleveland loss that I have today.  A road game against an inferior opponent that was there for the taking but we made tons of mistakes, missed opportunities, and gave one away.  I know the exact dynamics of the two games were much different, but the unfortunate, disappointing outcomes were all too similar.  Sucks, but let's hope we can bounce back and play better next week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, unless I am very much mistaken, that game was right in the middle of Brady's streak of 350 some passes without an INT, Gronk lost 3 fumbles though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

A salient point.  Absolutely.  That Cleveland game was pretty ugly.  4-1 is a great place to be.  I simply don't feel as good about this offense as I did back then.  After waking up against the Falcons, it's mystifying how they could look so lousy.  The Cleveland game also had a lot to do with the D stinking it up, too.

New Orleans is coming to town.  No Jaguars, they.  The O will HAVE to put up 27+. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

Ahh.  I see.

Exactly.  I had the same bad taste in my mouth after the Cleveland loss that I have today.  A road game against an inferior opponent that was there for the taking but we made tons of mistakes, missed opportunities, and gave one away.  I know the exact dynamics of the two games were much different, but the unfortunate, disappointing outcomes were all too similar.  Sucks, but let's hope we can bounce back and play better next week.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.. it had that same feel to it...

Fish Taco said Gronk lost 3 fumbles that day??>? Wow, don't remember that.  Hope that never happens again. 

This was a game we just weren't supposed to win.  I mean the heavy rain as we get the ball and then it stops when TB throws that INT...

It is what it is... let's hope for a better one against the 5-0 Saints.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

A salient point.  Absolutely.  That Cleveland game was pretty ugly.  4-1 is a great place to be.  I simply don't feel as good about this offense as I did back then.  After waking up against the Falcons, it's mystifying how they could look so lousy.  The Cleveland game also had a lot to do with the D stinking it up, too.

New Orleans is coming to town.  No Jaguars, they.  The O will HAVE to put up 27+. 

The D has to be at their best and let's see what they do...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's a loss of one game nothing more. Teams are gonna have bad days today the Patriots did. It happens onto next week. Could be a lot worse, we could be Giants fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Bump

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Off-day indeed but injuries appear to be piling up awfully early.....

Anyone have any idea what Tommy Kelly's status is today?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The Patriots went into Pittsburgh and crushed the Steelers the following week after that egg they laid in Cleveland.  Let's hope they do the same to the Saints.

Sections
Shortcuts