This one's for BBReigns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: This one's for BBReigns

Of all the records and brilliance he shows as a coach, I seriously think it's model he uses and has used since 2000, v.s. his prior stint with Cleveland, where he had ideas in mind, but Modell blocked him from unveiling his plan.

A lot of the coaching he's able to do is specifically tied to the ability to scout, draft and pay players accurately within the formula.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

In Response to Re: This one's for BBReigns:
    Of all the records and brilliance he shows as a coach, I seriously think it's model he uses and has used since 2000, v.s. his prior stint with Cleveland, where he had ideas in mind, but Modell blocked him from unveiling his plan. A lot of the coaching he's able to do is specifically tied to the ability to scout, draft and pay players accurately within the formula.
    Posted by BBReigns

But do you see what he has accomplished in his coaching career AND what it would take to equivocate the same accomplishments with current coaches?!

all 4 of these coaches are in the playoffs this year. Think about that.  Bill has accomplished so much as one man it takes 4 upper echelon coaches have done combined!!!  He has won more games than 26 current coaches have ever coached games in their careers.

Longevity, yes.  Consistent, proof positive!

A legend amongst men.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

And he's not done yet.

Things are going to get juicy again here in N.E. with the Pats. Savor the flavor. I don't see this team getting worse in the coming years. Especially with the picks we got banked. This was to be the "rebuilding" year and look at the strides the team has made. A mere 2 games shy of another undefeated. And a lot of this has to do with the playbook, playcalling and gameplanning. BB took over the D he makes all the decisions and calls all the shots. No more Dean Pees (THANK GOD!) and now the offense resembles the Charlie Weiss days of old. Lots of playaction, bubble screens and draws up the gut at the right time. Why they EVER got away from this was way beyond me. And no I don't think it was all about MOSS. It was McDaniels' brilliance. Oh, how's that workin out for him BTW? LOL!

As the D gets more experience and finally starts to acquire some veteran leadership down the line......oh man......look out NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

They got away with it because they feel they need to be ahead of the curve with change. 

I agree that I didn't care for the spread with McDaniels, but it did work, simply becuase no one saw the Pats offense like that until 2006.  They went to an AFC Championship game with Reche Caldwell and Ben Watson as two top targets and Laurence Maroney as the lead back.

What is fascinating is how quick he can shift.

The Crumpler and TE draft picks signaled this, but it wasn't until the Moss trade and Branch acquisition did he successfully fleece the Jets and Rex Ryan.

Ryan was partially hired to stop the spread with his Ravens D schemes. 

Now, with more of a Weis style with a touch of the McDaniels' spread, it's much, much harder for him/any D Coordinator to guess what to call during a game.

Genius by BB.

He's always 1 and 2 steps ahead.  Trolls and jealous fans call it "cheating".  I call it genius.

Now, he has both offenses at his disposal for O'Brien and Brady.

A lights out D is the only real way a team can stop this Pats  offense in its tracks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Right, cause we never used any play action, draws and bubble screens since Weiss left ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The terms 'genius' and 'brilliant' are often overused and misapplied.  In the case of BB they are precisely who and what he is in his chosen field.  There is not one aspect of the game where his coaching and personnel management acumen is lacking in any way.

We are extraordinarily fortunate to have this man at the helm of our favorite football team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

Yea mighty sure we did, but it was predictable and not nearly as effective. 3rd and 4 brady in shotgun and field spread out means pass and bring the house. Defenses in this league were quickly savvy and could stop it. Good enough to go undefeated. Not good enough for a SB trophy.

We had the high performance offense but had no idea how to use it under McDaniels, IMHO.

Enter 2010 Patriots. Introducing more looks, more substitutions, formations and MORE POINTS! 3rd and 4 this year we bring in 3 TE's, a full backfield and go playaction, or direct snap to Woody, or off tackle, or screen, or........

BBReigns, I don't know why Ryan was hired and don't care but its safe to say that fleecing Sexy Rexy isn't all that difficult.

Another key to BB's success is in gameplanning. Opponents can't prepare for what they haven't seen. I think the losses we suffered this season were experimentations that failed in substitutions, formations, schemes, etc. He is constantly changing from week to week so opponents can watch all the tape they want but never know and you simply can't prepare for everything. Another reason he makes a mochery of the injury report. Brady being first on the list for the past 10 seasons with a shoulder.....LOL!

Sooooo many reasons he is the best coach in the league, EVER!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The losses this year were due to:

1.  Offensive philosophy dying a slow death and a young, growing D. (NYJ)

2. Being totally outplayed.  (Cleve)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

Both resting on his shoulders and I guarantee you he was heavily experimenting as he does every week.

Every Sunday New England morphs into a different team. For me the biggest change I saw was the Shittsburgh game. I knew then that if they could keep up that level of play nobody could stop them........and they have and nobody could so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

who is shawn payton?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

In Response to Re: This one's for BBReigns:
    who is shawn payton?
    Posted by ChasaB

my bad  Chone Peighton

Sections
Shortcuts