This one's on Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: This one's on Brady

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

In response to No-Mercy-Defence's comment:

In response to PhatRex's comment:

That's right!  He totally got burned on the Wilson/Rice hookup.  What was BB thinking?  Why put Tom Brady in at CB with the game on the line?  Isn't that why they drafted that guy in the second round that wasn't even suppose to have been drafted?

+1

Wait, I can play this game:

Darn the D for causing Brady to Throw an INT in the endzone.

Those dang DBs caused Brady to shortarm another, and throw it right at a Seattle DB.

And, of COURSE, it was totally on the secondary when brady wasted 10-15 seconds, then threw it to noone, causing a 10 secs runoff with only 1 remaining, and came away with 0 points from inside the 5 AGAIN!

+my a s s.

They don't get it. The trolls are jealous of HOF coach BB and his 5 SB rings, so they choose Brady over BB.

They focus on the aftereffect and not the root cause.

We have morons here thinking this is a favored defensive league so they make excuses for Brady, his 40+ passes and his obsession with flaking out for 2-3 qtrs on the road.

Hi Rusty.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Brady has a bad game. He had a terrible second half (barely 50% completions, 2 picks, no TDs), but the defense was plain atrocious in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks gained 197 yards on 14 plays in the quarter (not counting the kneel downs at the end). That is 14 yards per snap!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Rusty the offense was far from perfect, but the secondary was flat out embarrassing.  We made a rookie QB with no receivers look like a hall of famer.  He only had one game over 200 yards passing up until today.  On basically every deep ball except the last one it was just a throw up it for grabs type of throw and we still got burned repeatedly.

As bad as they were, they gave up 24. The offense scored only 23, and left 6+ on the field. How can you not see that? Had the offense scored more points, thereby using MORE clock, how was Seattle going to increase the 24?

THEY COULDN'T! They MAXED OUT AT 24!

Brady had 3, count them THREE bad mistakes, 2 which directly took points OFF the board, and scored 23.

It's f u c k i n g simple math my 3 year old could understand.

It's easy to look at the secondary and blame them, but the fact is everyone knows the secondary isn't good. Sure, if they suddenly play ABOVE what any of us expected...fine. They probably allow 14 or 17. But had Brady not played well BELOW what we all expect, they still win. Easily.

I'm not asking for a miracle, just for Brady to not channel his inner Sanchez, that's all. Had he not done that, they win. The secondary did what they've been doing for 5 years. Brady did something we rarely see, and never expect.

Did you hear? The Seahawks were only giving up 14 a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Rusty the offense was far from perfect, but the secondary was flat out embarrassing.  We made a rookie QB with no receivers look like a hall of famer.  He only had one game over 200 yards passing up until today.  On basically every deep ball except the last one it was just a throw up it for grabs type of throw and we still got burned repeatedly.

As bad as they were, they gave up 24. The offense scored only 23, and left 6+ on the field. How can you not see that? Had the offense scored more points, thereby using MORE clock, how was Seattle going to increase the 24?

Brady had 3, count them THREE bad mistakes, 2 which directly took points OFF the board, and scored 23.

It's easy to look at the secondary and blame them, but the fact is everyone knows the secondary isn't good. Sure, if they suddenly play ABOVE what any of us expected...fine. They probably allow 14 or 17. But had Brady not played well BELOW what we all expect, they still win. Easily.

I'm not asking for a miracle, just for Brady to not channel his inner Sanchez, that's all. Had he not done that, they win. The secondary did what they've been doing for 5 years. Brady did something we rarely see, and never expect.

Straight from your lips... The Seattle D was MUCH BETTER than Brady was.

Thanks for the insight!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i have been critical of tb in the last two sbs and he through for 50+ today but i cannot put this one on tb.

this one is all on the coaches. it does not matter why or how, they threw 50+ f-ing times. don't give me the run was not working bs. that just says the offensive coaches had a plan mainly based on giving up the run even - fold one side of their offense because the other team's d is "good" 

the part i hate too is the risk that it puts on tb. there are no pitch counts in fb. that said it does not mean a qb's arm cannot go suffer a shoulder/elbow injury or cannot be fatigued through the season. 

also between the d and the o, it was the o that sucked more. ultimately offensive points per drive was way below their season average of 2.6. today they had 1.9, which was the second worst of their six games played. the o just played way below their normal.

the d gave up 2.0 points per drive - right in line with their average over the six games. the d did not play great, but they were better than they looked on the field. the unit played to what they've shown they are capable of.

that said, the d is declining on this metric. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to No-Mercy-Defence's comment:

In response to PhatRex's comment:

That's right!  He totally got burned on the Wilson/Rice hookup.  What was BB thinking?  Why put Tom Brady in at CB with the game on the line?  Isn't that why they drafted that guy in the second round that wasn't even suppose to have been drafted?

+1

Wait, I can play this game:

Darn the D for causing Brady to Throw an INT in the endzone.

Those dang DBs caused Brady to shortarm another, and throw it right at a Seattle DB.

And, of COURSE, it was totally on the secondary when brady wasted 10-15 seconds, then threw it to noone, causing a 10 secs runoff with only 1 remaining, and came away with 0 points from inside the 5 AGAIN!

+my a s s.

Belichek should have kicked the field goal.  I understand that Belichek is old and he can't run 30 yards in under 15 seconds. Then he should tell one of the players on the field to call a time out and if they ignore him just kick the field goal with under 10 seconds. Everyone knows a penalty there is a killer, so do not chance it. Kick the field goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

2 INTs, both his fault:

1) He shortarmed, on the SEA side of the field.

2) You don't throw a 100mph fastball on a 3 yard cross. Is he Bledsoe? Inside the 5 no less!

Also, he BLEW it at the end of the first half. I was screaming as 15 seconds ticked away for NO reason, then he makes a boneheaded throw, 10 second runoff, half over.

Add in a little bad play calling, and a continued INABILITU for the DBs to turn the F around...and there you go. But it's mostly on Brady, he took at least 6 points OFF the board, and likely more.

He's good for at least one stinker a year. they had plenty of opportunity to win this game, and blew it. Very frustrating.

When are Pats fans going to accept that BB and TB are just not that good anymore. BB has been slowly failing at his job for the past few seasons. He has a second chance last yr to beat the Giants and can't get it done.  He has yet to fix the holes in the defense for yrs now. And TB just is not TB anymore. He is still good, just not the killer qb that he used to be. This team is a 500 team. Up 13 points in the 4th and you loose. You have to place blame on BB and TB. 2 bad pics. I think this is the way the season will run. Luckily the division will be there for the taking with mediocrity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

Also, to score only 6 points in the second half stinks. For such a supposed potent offense, 6 points just stinks. No excuse for that regardless of what the (defense)secondary did or did not do.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good points, Brady played poorly, but if not for him we lose by thirty. We can't expect the QB of our team to put up 30 against  the best defense in the league...or to save us every week. Sooner or later OUR defense has to turn into a good unit - I fear that won't be happening during Brady's last years here...too many misses in the draft and money not spent during free agency.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Brady has a bad game. He had a terrible second half (barely 50% completions, 2 picks, no TDs), but the defense was plain atrocious in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks gained 197 yards on 14 plays in the quarter (not counting the kneel downs at the end). That is 14 yards per snap!

Yeah and those yards included two bogus PI calls.  I have a very hard time believing that these PI calls only occur when NE has a lead in these games and then every other NFL defense is never called on this perfectly timed (for the opponent) PI calls 40 yards downfield, but then again I watch plenty of this league to ONLY see this happening to this defense. Hmm.

I love how Dennard had perfect inside coverage and then was thrown down by Edwards so Edwards could stop and make the catch. lol

It wasn't even remotely close to PI on Dennard.

Horrendous calls.  In no way shape of form am I blaming anyone on this defense for such ridiculous PI calls like that just so Goodelll can make his games more exciting  against the elite teams in this league.

BOGUS PI CALLS........ ROFLMFAO!!!!!

What is so bogus about a beyond poor secondary making PI plays?

Stop excusing poor performance on PI/ref calls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Yeah and those yards included two bogus PI calls.  I have a very hard time believing that these PI calls only occur when NE has a lead in these games and then every other NFL defense is never called on this perfectly timed (for the opponent) PI calls 40 yards downfield, but then again I watch plenty of this league to ONLY see this happening to this defense. Hmm.

I love how Dennard had perfect inside coverage and then was thrown down by Edwards so Edwards could stop and make the catch. lol

It wasn't even remotely close to PI on Dennard.

Horrendous calls.  In no way shape of form am I blaming anyone on this defense for such ridiculous PI calls like that just so Goodelll can make his games more exciting  against the elite teams in this league.

Yup make excuses for the D who consistantly vomits all over the field and can't hold a 13 or 14 point lead in the 4th quarter and blame the QB because he was not ahead by 20 against D's that can apparently make plays and are not hindered by Godell's rules..

Makes perfect sense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

i have been critical of tb in the last two sbs and he through for 50+ today but i cannot put this one on tb.

this one is all on the coaches. it does not matter why or how, they threw 50+ f-ing times. don't give me the run was not working bs. that just says the offensive coaches had a plan mainly based on giving up the run even - fold one side of their offense because the other team's d is "good" 

the part i hate too is the risk that it puts on tb. there are no pitch counts in fb. that said it does not mean a qb's arm cannot go suffer a shoulder/elbow injury or cannot be fatigued through the season. 

also between the d and the o, it was the o that sucked more. ultimately offensive points per drive was way below their season average of 2.6. today they had 1.9, which was the second worst of their six games played. the o just played way below their normal.

the d gave up 2.0 points per drive - right in line with their average over the six games. the d did not play great, but they were better than they looked on the field. the unit played to what they've shown they are capable of.

that said, the d is declining on this metric. 

Good post. Him throwing it 58 times IS on coaching. Nobody should EVER throw it that much. But that's kind of also my point, since when does Brady throw the ball 58 times and have only 23 points to show for it?

I especially agree with your points about the D...they are what we all knew they are: average, and prone to making hrrible plays in the secondary. They did that tonight. Brady, however, played well below what we're used to seeing, that's why I put it more on him. If he was, say...Joe Flacco, I'd put it more on the D. But he isn't Joe Flacco...he's Tom Fing Brady! Or maybe he's just Tom Brady now, I don't know.

The D gave up points nobody should be shocked by. The offense left point out there we should ALL be surprised by. That's how I see it, that's why I put it on Brady. As for Brady v Play-calling, the play-calling was not good, but Brady made mistakes, at key moments, that ended up being too much to overcome. If he throws 1 INT istead of 2. Or if he simply uses a TO at 30+ seconds, and everything els eplays out as it did...they win. Plain and simple.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

how about looking at the turnover battle?

two TOs won by the D

two TOs lost by tb

sometimes, a good way to defend is an effective o -- especially in the second half

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The idea of a great quarterback should change. It is no longer who can lead the last minute drive. Now , many QBs can do that.  It should be , who can play with the  lead and run out the clock. If you can't do that ,  and just depend on your defense to hold the lead , then you are not a great quarterback.  And no great coach would play that game either.  Belichick and Brady cannot live off their reputations forever. We are seeing too many failures. Can't put it all on the defense, which we already know is inferior.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Brady was not prepared and it showed, must of been doing another commercial, but 75% of the blame goes to the seconday. None of these loosers could make any other tem!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Straight from your lips... The Seattle D was MUCH BETTER than Brady was.

Thanks for the insight!

Here's some more. Wilson was much better than the Pats' defense. But we wouldn't have known that going into the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The idea of a great quarterback should change. It is no longer who can lead the last minute drive. Now , many QBs can do that.  It should be , who can play with lead and run out the clock. If you can't do that ,  and just depend on your defense to hold the lead , then you are not a great quarterback.  And no great coach would play that game either.  Belichick and Brady cannot live off their reputations forever. We are seeing too many failures. 

We were seeing a defense give the Seahawks one TD more than they normally were scoring.

We were seeing an offense that scored 12 more points than the Seahawks were allowing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The idea of a great quarterback should change. It is no longer who can lead the last minute drive. Now , many QBs can do that.  It should be , who can play with lead and run out the clock. If you can't do that ,  and just depend on your defense to hold the lead , then you are not a great quarterback.  And no great coach would play that game either.  Belichick and Brady cannot live off their reputations forever. We are seeing too many failures. 

We were seeing a defense give the Seahawks one TD more than they normally were scoring.

We were seeing an offense that scored 12 more points than the Seahawks were allowing.

You still have to realize that. You have possession with time running out, you have to keep possession and run out the clock. Give the ball back, and you will lose.  How many times do you have to see it?  Belichick and Brady have to realize it or the run is over.  Their defense cannot stop the last minute drive. Why can't Brady get a couple of first downs when needed to close out the game ? I have no doubt that , if the Pat's were trailing , they could move the ball. Why not when they are leading?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

He also was almost picked like 3 other times, TWICE in the end zone.  He was AWFUL. Our best player cannot be that bad and disappear on the road for the last 3 qtrs and then wonder why our D isn't perfect to finish.

I'm tired of this play we've seen a dozen times and it starts and ends with Tom Brady's offense. Period.

The D choked up a 2 score lead in the 4th qtr as usual.  No excuses Period!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the defense actually made a nice stop with 3 minutes left in the game and got the ball back to the pats offense....but what does the offense do? promptly goes THREE AND OUT!! and takes NO time off the clock....this is then made worse by poor coverage on a punt that gives the seahawks great field position.....the defense can only do so much, i agree the defensive backs are awful, but if the defense can make a stop for you with three minutes left and you have a chance to ice it.....you better get a few first downs at least and make it hard on the other team, if not end the game...the offense sat on the ball and showed total arrogance, it was disgusting. and then the seahawks score due to a short field and its the defenses fault.....the pats offense needs to CLOSE OUT A GAME IN CRUNCH TIME!!! they could have done it in all three losses, but they didnt.....PATHETIC.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts