This packer game reminded me of...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

This packer game reminded me of...

The Philly game back in 07'

Look at the things in common:

-Sunday night home game (Before tonight that philly game was the pats last home NBC sunday night game, its been a while)

-NFC opponent

-Pats heavily favored

-Down to the wire

-Opponents had back up QB's (Philly had AJ feeley)

-Nearly identical score (The philly game was 31-28, one point off)

-Philly and GB main color is green

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: This packer game reminded me of...

The Browns game.  Except we woke up and competed.  Other than that, identical.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

I said the same thing to my buddy.. This smells of Philly 2007.  Same attitude by fans too.  With back-up QB in and massacring good teams, so many fans just expected 56-0. 

Then the justifying came. Its only one game. It was bound to happen. 

I cannot say it enough on these threads:

THIS IS NOT 2004!!!!!!!!   

NOTHING IS GUARANTEED IN 2010. 

Perhaps some of the boys on defense had a nice taste of what a close game is like in December as well as being hunted as the odds on favorite.  Can't believe the hype!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

We also thought the same thing over here.  Especially if it had ended on the Meriweather interception.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Except we have a totally different team from 3 years ago. Our defense made big plays today, too bad that last INT had to be called back or this game would have looked slightly more under control. I honestly expected a blow out, but why not with how we have been playing. The playoffs won't be pretty victories either, this was a tough grind it out win that will provide plenty of lessons for this young team. I am sure the BB and Brady haven't forgotten about 2007 and won't let themselves walk down that same path, this team has a new philosophy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It's certainly strange how backup QBs always seem to do well against the Patriots. I sure hope the guys on the D-line get healthy for the playoffs. The real killer was they were letting GB run the ball so much. Had they been able to shut down the ground game it would have put a lot more pressure on Flynn. Arrington's pick six and Connoly's return saved their bacon last night. At least in this "off" game they still managed to get the W. I'm sure BB will be schooling them on all the mistakes they made, and letting them know they woun't get away so easily playing this bad in January. It serves as a wake up call that they aren't as "unstoppable" as some in the media are saying. I did like they way they managed to neutralize Matthews, though. I can't remember hearing his name except for them saying the D was handling him well. And another game without a turnover (though I counted three throws that should have been picks). They hung in and played 60 minutes, though. Like they say, a win is a win. And this game was no worse that the three "lucky" wins by the Jests earlier this season. I do have to hand it to McCarthy, though. The onsides kick to start the game was a great call. Let's hope they are now prepared for these surprise calls going forward. And the return by Connoly was priceless! Too bad he couldn't have made it to the end zone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

In Response to Re: This packer game reminded me of...:
    [QUOTE]Except we have a totally different team from 3 years ago. Our defense made big plays today, too bad that last INT had to be called back or this game would have looked slightly more under control. I honestly expected a blow out, but why not with how we have been playing. The playoffs won't be pretty victories either, this was a tough grind it out win that will provide plenty of lessons for this young team. I am sure the BB and Brady haven't forgotten about 2007 and won't let themselves walk down that same path, this team has a new philosophy.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

They played inconsistent within the game.  Yes they made a few plays on the positive, but they were unable to stop GB on 3 and shorts all night long.  Reverting back to early season form.  Can't play SB caliber football when the defense can't get off the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This packer game reminded me of... : They played inconsistent within the game.  Yes they made a few plays on the positive, but they were unable to stop GB on 3 and shorts all night long.  Reverting back to early season form.  Can't play SB caliber football when the defense can't get off the field.
    Posted by LatenightOwl[/QUOTE]
    Latenight seems to have a negative vibe going on this morning. Chill can't get to up and you can't get to down. The defense had a hard time getting off the field maybe due to the fact that GB was given 4 first downs by the refs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

As stated above, it reminded me of the Browns game. The only difference being we are a little better team now than we were then. The Difference in the game for us being that we made two large plays with the Connolly kick return and the Pick-6 by Arrington. It's really a good sign that when you play a Sub-Par game against a good team that you can still win. Down the road, this might serve as a very important game to us mentally. 1 Pats Player was quoted as saying he hoped Rodgers didn't play. There's a small chance they thought this was going to be a walk over with Flynn in there. I'm glad we got that one out of the way and still won the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This was much better than the Browns game.  NE turned it over a ton in that game and were taken out early.

This was more like the Buffalo game in Week 3.

I don't remember if the officiating was as atrocious in that game as it was last night, but the game was a lot closer than it should have been, mostly because NE wasn't dictating.

15 total runs for NE.  24 total passes.  Part of it was TOP dominance, part of it was spread/shotgun and 3 and outs.

You see them blast holes open with runs and then O'Brien goes away from it.

I don';t get it.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]This was much better than the Browns game.  NE turned it over a ton in that game and were taken out early. This was more like the Buffalo game in Week 3. I don't remember if the officiating was as atrocious in that game as it was last night, but the game was a lot closer than it should have been, mostly because NE wasn't dictating. 15 total runs for NE.  24 total passes.  Part of it was TOP dominance, part of it was spread/shotgun and 3 and outs. You see them blast holes open with runs and then O'Brien goes away from it. I don';t get it.  
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I would have liked to have seen More Woodhead last night too. I mentioned on another thread, the lack of home town calls and If a penalty is a non-reviewable call I'd like to hear the explanation of the refs using replay to make a penalty call. BB was P!$$ed too. I heard reports on the Post game show that he went off on the refs screaming, "Why the F$#CK do we play the game".

All in All, I'm very happy with that win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Vulnerable to the run last evening and that was the difference, so it was like Cleveland this year to some extent and just what is it with these bowling ball style backs like Hillis?  The guy gashing us last night had a very similar build.  They need to work on stopping the run and that means much better tackling.

As for new or unknown Q.B.'s, there's no or little film on them, so its hard for the PATS to game plan against them.  We are not the only team that has this issue with Q.B.'s that are unknown.

I was in Spain in 2007 for the Philly game so I can't comment on those similarities

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Had the Pats lost, it would have reminded me of this MNF Foxboro game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197809180nwe.htm

I had to listen to the radio since the game was blacked out.

Matt Flynn almost pulled off a Bill Troup.

Sections
Shortcuts