This Patriots Defensive Line will make it Hell!!! for offensive lineman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

This Patriots Defensive Line will make it Hell!!! for offensive lineman

You here the old adage: "Games are won and lost in the trenches." That is true, whenever a team generates a better push into the opposing teams backfield whether its on offense or defense is going to dominate much of the time. The two preseson games, the patriots defensive lineman and linebackers have made a habit of being in the jags and bucs backfield against both the run and pass. That is going to be a theme for the season for this defense and that is being in the opposing teams backfield and causing hell for offenses. I think the DE rotation is going to be Mark Anderson, Andre Carter, Sahun Ellis, Eric Moore, and Jermaine Cunningham. The DT rotation, I think, is going to be Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth, Gerard Warren, Kyle Love, Myron Pryor, and Mike Wright. Now that is just my guest because from the veterans to the young guys, they are putting a lot of positive things on tape. This is going to help the the linebackers and defensive backs that are in pass coverage. I have said before the pass rush is an extension the the linebackers and secondary in coverage and vice versa. What will be really beneficial is less blitzing which means that if the DL can handle the run and rush the passer, that would mean less 8-men in the box. Its going to be really interesting to see how this plays out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: This Patriots Defensive Line will make it Hell!!! for offensive lineman

And we have yet to see Ellis and Haynesworth play!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's gonna be a good year...real good! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well Haynesworth is the perfect compliment to VW and with Ellis and Carter and Moore and Anderson this front 7 should be more than just dangerous,they should be absolutely dominant!!!! What their presence means to the secondary is immeasureable.....McCourty,Bodden,Merriweather and chung will have a ton of opportunities to swipe the ball....I would just be guessing as to what their final rank would be,but top 5 is an achievable goal given their combined levels of skill.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: This Patriots Defensive Line will make it Hell!!! for offensive lineman:
    [QUOTE]I heard the Pats haven't won a SB in 6 years, so that means they aren't any good anymore. They are fading and it's the Jets time.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Of course.  They've done so much to improve this offseason by watching Damien Woody retire, letting Braylon Edwards walk to replace him with 34-year-old Plaxico Burress who just spent two years in jail, and letting Shaun Ellis walk without making him a serious offer to replace him with Muhammad Wilkerson who played at a smaller school and is therefore definitely a sure thing

These are facts.  Brodney Pool will make them better, especially because their pass rush should be much better with all of the people they added to their defensive line and outside linebacker corps

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

And Leonard is basically so much better than Ed Reed that his abscence in the serious beatdown the Pats gave the Jets is the single reason that Jets lost that game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Looks like it already and the season hasn't started.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

only 10 will be kept on the DL; Brace Deaderick go to the PUP to begin with, maybe Wright as well.  There will be at least one veteran DL who does not make it and my money is on Wright.  They will defer the decision on the first two for a while

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: This Patriots Defensive Line will make it Hell!!! for offensive lineman:
    [QUOTE]only 10 will be kept on the DL; Brace Deaderick go to the PUP to begin with, maybe Wright as well.  There will be at least one veteran DL who does not make it and my money is on Wright.  They will defer the decision on the first two for a while
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Wright won't get cut

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

he has yet to practice and Reiss himself said he did not like how wright looked off the field.  unless he can make a miracle recovery, I think an injury settlement is likely after a stint on the PUP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I heard the Pats haven't won a SB in 6 years, so that means they aren't any good anymore. They are fading and it's the Jets time.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    What does that say about any other NFL team that hasn't won a SB in 6 or more years?  For that matter, what does that say for any franchise that hasn't won a SB in DECADES like some team that will go unmentioned here!  Seems a lot of folks have it in their minds the Pats SHOULD be winning SBs and when they don't something is wrong.  I didn't know it was a given the Pats should have been winning a SB or two in the last six years.  Aren't there 31 other teams who can with at least 27 or more that haven't? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

enjoy the season for what it is - hoping it's a vintage year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hated it when we had to play a team with a dominant front seven. You always watched the game and thought, this is a team that isn't very good, has no qb and yet they're still in this game because of the front part of their defense. We could be a team like that this year, except we DO have that QB and offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Akiraloco. Show Akiraloco's posts

With our Defence Mark Sanchez will be sweating more than a priest next to an altar boy,  LOL.  I hope he keeps practicing his slidying skills  lol

16. This post has been removed.