This Team Has It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

This Team Has It

They do.  Tomorrow is judgment day.  This team has the 2001 vibe to them.  They have fought through adversity.  They have fought through hardship.  They have won when the odds were against them.  Tomorrow is where they put it all together and shu*t (can't say that, really?) the pundits up.  Tomorrow is where TFB12 cements himself, unconditionally, as the greatest QB to ever live and the unequivocal owner of the fraud Peyton Manning.  Tomorrow is where Bill Belichick shows the doubters that he is, without a doubt, the best coach and assembler of talent {(GM) sorry, whiners} to ever walk the planet.  Tomorrow, is where we all realize how freaking fortunate we are to witness the greatest QB/HC duo here in Foxboro.

It’s going to happen.  The Patriots are going to come out with an absolute F-U attitude and win this damn thing.  This game is just as big as the Super Bowl because the winner of this will go on to win the Super Bowl.  We are so spoiled as fans to witness the greatness of Boston sports that we don’t even realize that the combination of TFB and BB will never come around again.  Enjoy it, my friends.  Tomorrow will be the vital stepping stone to that elusive 4th Super Bowl ring.

Pats go in, slap Denver in the mouth, and come out with a 34-28 win. 

GO PATS!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: This Team Has It

The Patriots need to step on the field and promptly punch Denver square in the chops and continue to do so for the remainder of the game. Has anyone noticed how tough this defense has become? Great probably not, but tough as nails, and willing to lay the wood! Game on in 13 hours....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4047318. Show user_4047318's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They do.  Tomorrow is judgment day.  This team has the 2001 vibe to them.  They have fought through adversity.  They have fought through hardship.  They have won when the odds were against them.  Tomorrow is where they put it all together and shu*t (can't say that, really?) the pundits up.  Tomorrow is where TFB12 cements himself, unconditionally, as the greatest QB to ever live and the unequivocal owner of the fraud Peyton Manning.  Tomorrow is where Bill Belichick shows the doubters that he is, without a doubt, the best coach and assembler of talent {(GM) sorry, whiners} to ever walk the planet.  Tomorrow, is where we all realize how freaking fortunate we are to witness the greatest QB/HC duo here in Foxboro.

It’s going to happen.  The Patriots are going to come out with an absolute F-U attitude and win this damn thing.  This game is just as big as the Super Bowl because the winner of this will go on to win the Super Bowl.  We are so spoiled as fans to witness the greatness of Boston sports that we don’t even realize that the combination of TFB and BB will never come around again.  Enjoy it, my friends.  Tomorrow will be the vital stepping stone to that elusive 4th Super Bowl ring.

GO PATS!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4047318. Show user_4047318's posts

34-28 is an understatement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question, this team does seem to have that special 'it' factor. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GO PATS!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I love the veracity of your post!!!!!!! I would counter that if they lose it would be tough to pass judgement on this team unless they get blown out and embarressed which i don't think is in their DNA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm not a believer in vibes or feelings. I am in Lady Luck and in peaking at the right time. Good health doesn't hurt either.

The teams that win championships may or may not be the best teams or the most talented teams, but they are ALWAYS the teams that are playing their best ball all year in the postseason and that have good fortune. 

Going off last weekend, which is all that matters, those teams are New England and San Fran (although Seattle looked just fine as well). Week 12 is irrelevant, the last second wins over New Orleans and Cleveland don't mean a thing except that they helped them get to the playoffs.

The defense is basically healthy, the injuries to Mayo, Kelly, VW and Spikes have been dealt with and the current group is playing as well as it can, particularly against the run. And the secondary is probably as good or better than it's been all year. For a guy who's played what 5 games (?), Siliga might be the defensive MVP. I know they've played a whole lot better since he replaced Sopoaga. Best available Samoan I guess?

The keys to this game are turnovers (like every other game) and do they stick with the running game no matter what. I fully expect Denver to contain it early. The Colts contained them for the most part early on, but they stuck with it. That's one thing when you have the lead (thanks to the defense) and you're at home against a young, less talented team. It's different when you're playing to go to the SB in a hostile environment against the #1 seed.

Pats 28-24. 

San Fran 20-10.

Aside: why won't the site let me use the word s h u t? Is that profane?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Scores are pretty close to my picks as well, Muzz. Winners the same.

Can't use the b a n g either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I remember a while back you couldn't use Fitzpatrick. I'm thinking the Globe is using some Indian company to handle their IT, so some words get lost in translation. Don't say anything negative about cows, you're liable to get banned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Recipe for early destruction:

1.  Win toss.  Take ball.

2.  Score TD on opening possession.

3.  3 and out Manning.  (Or a take away...even better).

4.  Score again, FG or TD.

It's a bit lofty, but possible.  Up 10-0 with around 8 to go in the first.  Crowd becomes quiet and agitated.  Total domination begins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I remember a while back you couldn't use Fitzpatrick. I'm thinking the Globe is using some Indian company to handle their IT, so some words get lost in translation. Don't say anything negative about cows, you're liable to get banned.

[/QUOTE]

Can't get much more negative about cows than having them associated with that Dallas franchise but I get your drift.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

No question, this team does seem to have that special 'it' factor. 

[/QUOTE]

I also believe they do and lets hope they show it today.

GO PATS!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Win or lose this team does have it.

As for my visit to Delphi - it seems that they fight through to a win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: This Team Has "IT"

If D shows up to destroy ...  the Pats could dominate both sides of the ball.   the key is playing 60 minutes.   don't peak too early .  weather the storms...  (whatever may happen) and just batttle........  

Much like the 2001 team.   Just get out there and battle like the real players that you are.  they have the "IT" factor going for them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Were going to punch the world in the mouth and their going to like it.

fighting_irish_hood_auto_decal_large.jpg (407×480)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

sounds good to me!! Go PATS!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

We may know after the first quarter how this game will be going, but then again, if we use the first game this season as a judge, the game lasts 60 minutes and you never know.

Sections
Shortcuts