This team is sleeping at the wheel..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel..

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel..:
    In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : So you are assuming that those players are going to come back 100%? never mind the 9 free agents that they have to resign or replace..... FYI, the Jests have 18 Free agent holes to fix...... Anyone saying that the Pats have been passed by the Jests and Maimi after the 5th day of free agency are idiots.....
    Posted by m1021us

first of all, i dont think the pats have been passed by anyone in the division on the overall but i do think its alot more up for grabs then in the past

and secondly...will allen will be the nickel back, ferguson is suspended for 8 games anyways but still resigned yesterday, pennington will be a back up and ronnie (of those injured who come to mind) is expected to be 100% by june...so i dont think the injury bug will hurt miami as much next year and for that...the pats should be worried about not having gotten any better

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : first of all, i dont think the pats have been passed by anyone in the division on the overall but i do think its alot more up for grabs then in the past and secondly...will allen will be the nickel back, ferguson is suspended for 8 games anyways but still resigned yesterday, pennington will be a back up and ronnie (of those injured who come to mind) is expected to be 100% by june...so i dont think the injury bug will hurt miami as much next year and for that...the pats should be worried about not having gotten any better
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

If Pennington is the back up, then the Pats have nothing to worry about......

Miami has no outside rushers.....

Miami has only 2 picks in the first 2 rounds......same with the Jests....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm in an internet post. In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : But not always. Incidentally, I'm in favor of storming the castle under any circumstances.
    Posted by p-mike

I was afraid that I might have been too subtle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : If Pennington is the back up, then the Pats have nothing to worry about...... Miami has no outside rushers..... Miami has only 2 picks in the first 2 rounds......same with the Jests....
    Posted by m1021us

um...i think that chad henne guy did pretty good when he ripped the pats a new one down in miami on the way to the win

and unlike the pats, the phins actually tend to draft well in the first rounds

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Deepest draft in years and it's not a coincidence BB has set it up this way (3 2nd rders). These 3 2nd rd picks would normally be 1st rd talent.  Think of that way. So, in a normal year,  they'd have 3 2nd rd picks that are truly 2nd rd talent. Not so this year by most if not all projections. They have 4 1st rd pick quality positions to fill. That's pretty darn good.  They need to make them count, yes, but they are positioned very well if you think about some of the YOUNG experience they now have on both sides of the ball. As disappointing as last year was, look at what 1st and 2nd year players experienced. Combine that with 2 1st rd picks in next year's draft and BB is really setting this up nicely.  Some of you have no context whatsoever.  Do not follow the Globe writers' lead. It makes you look like you aren't doing your own homework and taking the anti-BB bait.
    Posted by russgriswold

Please stop, you are making too much sense for the Belichick haters to understand......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The Pats are off to a good start. They resigned the players they needed to resign. Now, wait until the entire offseason is over before you give them a failing grade. They are in a great position to own this draft or trade picks for impact players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

I would suggest that maybe you actually go to sleep until the free agency period is over, the draft is over, the training camp and pre-season are completed and then wake up again when the Pats start the real season in September.  Just relax and let them make their moves.  I'm sure they know where they are weak, what needs to be improved and what has to be addressed.  I'm sure we will have a very good team taking to the field in September.  A team that relies on picking up it's players from free agency usually are proven to be failures.  Just take a look at the Redskins.  Everything will fall into place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : um...i think that chad henne guy did pretty good when he ripped the pats a new one down in miami on the way to the win and unlike the pats, the phins actually tend to draft well in the first rounds
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Wow, 1 game.......

This guy is nothing to be afraid of......

NAMECMPATTYDSCMP%YDS/ALNGTDTD%INTINT%SACKYDSRAT
    Chad Henne274451287860.86.3867122.7143.12617675.2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Henne looks better than Sanchez, but NE's pass rush was horrendous in that game in particular.  Any QB will look good with 10 minutes to throw. Let's not go overboard. He and Sanchez's whole "success" last year is predicated on a top 3 rush in the league. Take away that rush, and those QBs aren't good.  NY is in worse shape, yes.
    Posted by russgriswold

then in fairness on the other side...look at the recievers the phins have...aside from bess...no one would start on any other team in the league...

and i believe at that point...ronnie brown was hurt...meaning all the pats had to do was to make henne beat them...and he did...but yeah...despite a miracle playoff run every 40 years, i dont see the jets having much to brag about and sanchez, while a rookie...wont be that that good IMO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : Wow, 1 game....... This guy is nothing to be afraid of...... NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDS RAT Chad Henne 274 451 2878 60.8 6.38 67 12 2.7 14 3.1 26 176 75.2
    Posted by m1021us

so he cant get better having ronnie brown healthy again? having recievers that are even league average? or having a tight end endure his worst professional year?

you dont watch much football do ya? or are you so blinded by the pats PAST success that they can do no wrong?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : so he cant get better having ronnie brown healthy again? having recievers that are even league average? or having a tight end endure his worst professional year? you dont watch much football do ya? or are you so blinded by the pats PAST success that they can do no wrong?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

You know 100% that Brown is healthy?  Where are these WR's of Miami that are league average or better?  Who is this TE that you are talking about, they don't have a good TE?

I love how people don't agree with you, you have to say that they don't watch much football and are blind homers......very funny....especially when we are talking about the Fins!

According to you, Henne is the second coming of Tom Brady.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Henne is a stiff

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Brady did far more with no receivers and a low rated run game.   Talk to us when he does something with consistency. Also, Bess, Camarillo, etc, aren't as bad as you claim.   Again, 12 TDs and 14 INTs is a lot better than 12 TDs and 20 Ints from overrated Sanchez.
    Posted by russgriswold

Brady also had a great defense behind him...the phins defense was abismal last year...but really...IMO...comparing any rookie QB to brady is like comparing a U.N. peacekeeper with ghandi or MLK jr....its just an unfair comparison

i dont mind the recievers but none of them are world beaters and when bess is your best pass catcher...you dont have much

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : You know 100% that Brown is healthy?  Where are these WR's of Miami that are league average or better?  Who is this TE that you are talking about, they don't have a good TE? I love how people don't agree with you, you have to say that they don't watch much football and are blind homers......very funny....especially when we are talking about the Fins! According to you, Henne is the second coming of Tom Brady.....
    Posted by m1021us

I said the phins arent league average and if they were...henne's stats would probably look alot better...i mean...it kinda helps a qb to have people to throw to eh?

fasano was terrible last year...i mean he made ben watson look like an all-pro

and i dont think henne is the 2nd coming at all...but he is heck of alot better than anyone to play QB for the phins since ol #13

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : I said the phins arent league average and if they were...henne's stats would probably look alot better...i mean...it kinda helps a qb to have people to throw to eh? fasano was terrible last year...i mean he made ben watson look like an all-pro and i dont think henne is the 2nd coming at all...but he is heck of alot better than anyone to play QB for the phins since ol #13
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Uh, he is not better than Pennington......and Fasano is has never been good.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"ALMOST EVERYBODY HERE IS A PATHETIC, BAND-WAGON FAN. JUST SHUT-UP AND LET BELICHICK DO HIS THING. TEAMS HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN CUTTING PLAYERS AND THE PATS HAVE TWICE AS MANY DRAFT PICKS AS ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE FIRST 2 ROUNDS I.E. THE PATS HAVE PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES TO IMPROVE. THROWING A FIT BECAUSE THE PATS DIDN'T SIGN DANSBY OR SOME OTHER WEAK FREE AGENT SHOWS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL."

I KNOW SMOETHING EVEN MORE ANNOYING AND PATHETIC THEN KNOW NOTHING BAND-WAGON  FANS. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What a fascinating thread!!!  The original poster calls last year a complete disaster and claims that the Pats have done nothing thus far in free agency. 

Well let's see:  10-6 record, AFC East Champs, playoffs (again).  Could 2009 have been better?  You bet.  A complete disaster:  Get a grip please

Signed the best nose tackle in the game to a long term deal, locked up 2nd best FA corner on the market also to multi-year deal, re-signed their best pass rusher from 2009 to yet another multi-year pact, kept their O-line in tact by re-signing starting right guard.  Yep BB and his staff are a bunch of stiffs alright.  Free agency has been underway for a whopping 3 or 4 days and the FA market is absolutely crawling with big names who will play for meal money.  Yep bunch of no pay nitwits, BB and his guys. 

Apparently the $18 million signing bonus that Wilfork got is chump change.

Get ahold of yourself will you please - Asleep at the wheel - yeah, right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : If I am a Belichich drone, then you are a Pats hating troll.....A team is not made during the first 5 days of free agency.....calm the heck down......
    Posted by m1021us

m1021us, there you go again spreadin hate, a guy expresses his opinion and you call him a troll. Dude if you cant be constructive without being hateful then go somewhere else other than this board. We get tired of seeing you spread your infectious nasty negative comments

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : m1021us, there you go again spreadin hate, a guy expresses his opinion and you call him a troll. Dude if you cant be constructive without being hateful then go somewhere else other than this board. We get tired of seeing you spread your infectious nasty negative comments
    Posted by Stompper

And if they don't agree with your opinion, you call him a Belichick Drone
    Stop spreading the hate. Dude if you can't be constructive without being hateful then go somewhere else other than this board. WE get tired of seeing you spread your infectious nasty negative comments.
    Huh, seems I read this before somewhere else. Kind of overboard for calling you a troll after you insulted him by calling him a Belichick Drone.
    Now, pull up your Huggies and let's spread the love of the Patriots instead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : m1021us, there you go again spreadin hate, a guy expresses his opinion and you call him a troll. Dude if you cant be constructive without being hateful then go somewhere else other than this board. We get tired of seeing you spread your infectious nasty negative comments
    Posted by Stompper

What?  Are you crying?  He called the smart people on this board Belichick Drones, I am simply defending us....

You must be a TROLL.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Still think before the draft the Pats will pick up a linebacker, wide receiver, and tight end through FA. No superstars but solid veteran players. This team is really looking to the draft and with 4 picks of the top 53 picks in a deep draft why wouldn't they be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"And one more thing. Bill Belichick will have this team in contention EVERY year." We want championships, being in contention isn't enough.

"With the CBA issues, the market wasn't settled. Just like when any CBA is about to expire, good business people let contracts expire so they don't get themselves into a hole note knowing the new CBA parameters.  Pretty simple." Hogwash!

"Charger fans could not have run Cromartie out of town fast enough.  The only thing that was tanking faster than his reputation, was his play on the field. They think they stole a third rounder." All conjecture.

"Deepest draft in years and it's not a coincidence BB has set it up this way (3 2nd rders). These 3 2nd rd picks would normally be 1st rd talent." BB will trade down and out.

How did I do? LOL Those who know me know I am playing devil's advocate.
    Thanks for the quotes people, keep it up!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

In Response to This team is sleeping at the wheel..:
    Before I get beat up by the Belichick drones, let me just say that I agree with the fact that free agency is not the TOTAL answer to improving your team but it can be an integral part if it's done correctly. In the case of the Patriots, they have played the free agency game poorly as of late..especially last year which was a complete disaster! They continue to turn a blind eye to key needs, play guessing games with the overall market and demonstrate poor judgement on where they actually spend money when they decide to actually spend it. I for one have ZERO confidence in this regime. I have loved BB and his approach ever since he signed on but I feel that he has lost something. Every regime whether it be a company CEO or a world leader needs to change sooner or later. Philosophies grow stale, staff, citizens or in this case players lose faith and confidence as well. The Patriots are at a crossroads. As much good as this organization has done for the team, change needs to happen..if not now, then soon. It will be another dissapointing season for our team with BB making ALL the decisions, running a near dictatorship. Many of us are dissapointed with the FA moves..or lack of as we watch the roster thin out even more. We hang our hopes again on the draft which I beleive will follow the same pattern of "trade down for value". We also hang on to hopes that BB has "something up his sleeve" because we're conditioned to think that way. What surprise is in store for the Pats? Jason Taylor or some other "old" veteran cast-off? BB seems to be obsessed with stockpiling picks like a horder that can't part with whatever he/she obtains. When is it time to cash them in? I think not competeing for Boldin was a mistake as well as not getting more agressive for some defensive players (maybe not Peppers) especially in an uncapped year. Part of me unfortunately hopes that BB crashes and burns with this season which will force Kraft to take a harder looks at where this team is headed.
    Posted by smorgan86

As long as BB is the HC of the NE PATS and Tommy B gets back to playing like he did before the injury, this team will be a contender.  End of Story.  If Tommy B is not the same qb as he was from 01 to 07, then this team is in trouble.  It's the same way with any other team that has an elite QB in the NFL.  If you don't have an elite QB... Well you won't be winning on a consistent basis no matter who you bring in (Bears).

It's all about the HC and QB.  The rest is just minutiae to a reasonable extent.  So don't worry they are not "sleeping at the wheel",  they'll be JUST FINE!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

" And one more thing. Bill Belichick will have this team in contention EVERY year. " We want championships, being in contention isn't enough. "With the CBA issues, the market wasn't settled. Just like when any CBA is about to expire, good business people let contracts expire so they don't get themselves into a hole note knowing the new CBA parameters.  Pretty simple." Hogwash! "Charger fans could not have run Cromartie out of town fast enough.  The only thing that was tanking faster than his reputation, was his play on the field. They think they stole a third rounder." All conjecture. "Deepest draft in years and it's not a coincidence BB has set it up this way (3 2nd rders). These 3 2nd rd picks would normally be 1st rd talent." BB will trade down and out. How did I do? LOL Those who know me know I am playing devil's advocate. Thanks for the quotes people, keep it up!
    Posted by digger0862

You didn't do very well.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: This team is sleeping at the wheel.. : So Brady is great now? Most trolls or fans from other teams think he is only a "system QB' and that Joe Montana wasn't under Bill Walsh. Laughable stuff, I know.   If Brady only had Peyton's weapons this whole time.  Oh my. Henne needs some help, yes.  I already agree by saying his 12 TDs and 14 INts is a good sign.  He's better than Sanchez and far cheaper with less of a mouth.
    Posted by russgriswold

i think belichick is everything bad thing you can say about the man and more...but as a die hard dolphins fan, i know full well that you cant take it away from the man who does it on the field and brady is without a doubt one of the top 5 best qb's to ever sling a pigskin down field...

and IMO, about henne...he is smarter than sanchez and is less likely to throw into quadruple coverage and has a better arm...heck i think you could make a solid argument henne has one of the top 5 best cannons in the nfl...question is...will parcells and his world renowned love of WR's go out and get someone to help henne out

Sections
Shortcuts