this team SHOULD be 11-1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

this team SHOULD be 11-1

we should have beat Denver, Colts. Miami, and the Jets. The only loss we got smoked on was the Saints. This team will be ok. We have had some bad luck but the talent is there

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: this team SHOULD be 11-1

To quote the "mighty fat one" no not Rex Ryan...Bill Parcells "you are what your record says you are". The Pats should have lost to the Bills (lucky fumble), they should have lost to the Ravens (lucky drop). I could see one second half collapse but we see it every week. We are not a 11 and 1 team sorry I don't see it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

We were lucky to beat Buffalo and Baltimore.We don't have the talent on defense.Burgess is a bust; Wright,Green,B-Cain and Guyton are backups; Thomas is MIA most games;Mayo looks lost:Warren is on the decline; Where's Springs? Bodden is ok;Butler and Chung are rookies;Merriweather can't cover or tackle ;Wilhite is Ellis Hobbs  and Sanders is on the bench. Are OC & DC $uck but we are still leading the divison. I quess we could be Detroit or Cleveland fans.

Go Pats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

harley's is right. There are a couple of games we should/might have won. There are also a couple we should/might have lost. We can discuss pass rush versus secondary play all day. The fact is if a team stays focused and continues to go right at our D. About the middle of the 3rd qtr they succedeed in putting them back on their heels. On offense there are also issues. TB is still recovering (expected) from his injury and time off. Add that to his normal 2~3 less than stellar games a year and you can see why the points total is down. But the real issue is that Welker is the entire offense. Moss helps and even Maroney chip in. Where are the TE's? Where is faulk out of the backfield? Why aren't any of the other receivers more involved? What happened to throwing to the open guy.. I thinks it's all fixable. We'll see if it's fixable this year. Can I get a YEEHAA on some payback on the Colts and Saints in the playoffs..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

I find it concering the Patriots have trouble holding second half leads or their only road victory was in london against a horrible bucs team. 11-1 teams don't blow leads and can win the the road. I hope they can turn this thing around but Don't know if they have the personal on defense or the OC to do that this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I understand your optimism as a fan and read all my posts, you'll find the same optimism. At the same time, we CAN'T call Tyree's catch lucky and say we went 19-0. Just the reality of it.

If you do want to paint the positive picture, I would look no further than the halftime leads we had in ALL of those games aside from the massacre down in New Orleans. THAT is what I find solace in, knowing that a) we have enough talent to score more points in one half than the other team and b) we're very close in putting it all together.

I have bigger issues with the coaching, however.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

our coordinators and our offensive line are what really make me pesimistic about the future of this team.  we need Vollmer back in there now. and we need a new RT.  bring back Wies and Crennel and i garrauntee u, we will be a better team.

and PLAY shawn springs! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

I would rather have the Pats struggle during the season and get the kinks worked out before the playoffs (fingers crossed).  This team is very capable of getting hot and going deep into the playoffs.

I was wondering why the Pats don't put Chung in place of Burgess and put Sanders or Springs at safety.  I have seen many teams (Packers, Woodson) do this.  Chung has shown speed to get around a lineman and power to get past RB's.  This is just a thought.  What do you guys think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: this team SHOULD be 11-1:
    I would rather have the Pats struggle during the season and get the kinks worked out before the playoffs (fingers crossed).  This team is very capable of getting hot and going deep into the playoffs. I was wondering why the Pats don't put Chung in place of Burgess and put Sanders or Springs at safety.  I have seen many teams (Packers, Woodson) do this.  Chung has shown speed to get around a lineman and power to get past RB's.  This is just a thought.  What do you guys think?
    Posted by ALLDAWAYPATS

Agreed. If we get Vollmer on the line and they develop some semblance of cohesiveness, the offense can get hot and score 45 a game and get to the Super Bowl. I have no doubt in my mind that it can be done. Of the possible AFC opponents, none of them blow me away with their defense: Cincinnati, Indianapolis, San Diego, Jacksonville/Miami/Baltimore/Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

11-1 get off the pipe dude!! put those sports illustrated dvd's of the superbowl years away and wake up to the 2009 season. maybe one or two of those losses could have been avoided if a different decision was made, but then you got the bills and ravens games. just be happy that this team still has a chance to win the division. but even if they do win the division, don't have such high hopes because of past playoff appearances. don't get me wrong, it would be great if they can return to that old form, but they have a young, inexperienced defense, and defense wins championships. so 11-1 i think not, happy to have 7 wins, no, but its a reality that we must live with!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this team SHOULD be 11-1 : Agreed. If we get Vollmer on the line and they develop some semblance of cohesiveness, the offense can get hot and score 45 a game and get to the Super Bowl. I have no doubt in my mind that it can be done. Of the possible AFC opponents, none of them blow me away with their defense: Cincinnati, Indianapolis, San Diego, Jacksonville/Miami/Baltimore/Jets.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    you forgot Pittsburgh & Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

11-1 don't thinks so 9-3 more realistic but we did got lucky in some and threw some others away.  I agree with you are what your record is, right now we are in the middle of the pack but have enough talent improve in the playoffs if the Pats can fix their second half disappearing acts.  If it gets fix this will be a dangerous team if they don't its a one and out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this team SHOULD be 11-1 : you forgot Pittsburgh & Denver
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE]

Ha, good call! I don't see Pittsburgh making the playoffs because of the games they've lost to AFC teams. Denver, their defense is good but again, it's nothing that I'm too concerned with if our line can get it together and block a little better. I try to be as realistic as possible but I'm sure this comes off as being a homer. Still, a little consistency in protection and we're a different animal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tenthstream. Show Tenthstream's posts

Young secondary and no pass rush. We are lucky we play in a weak division or we would be getting rick rolled

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I disagree. This team should be 12-0...but they can't run or pass block, they can't rush the QB, thay can't cover any receivers, they can't gain an inch or a yard when it counts, they can't make any third down stops... notice the trend here?

They also pick up old veterans who either don't learn the play book, produce big plays or get QB sacks, get activated, or stay healthy.

Still, they are leading the division and perhaps they can still get it together and "shock the world"! Go Pats

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

They should be 6-6 because they should of lost to Buffalo also. They will probably lose to the Bills at Buffalo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

THIS TEAM SUX!

bottom line... can't finish games... cant produce in the redzone.... cant stop other teams from passing all over... cant NOT go for it on 4th down...

The list goes on and on... I'm sick of it.  Right now Denver will come to Foxboro and beat the Patriots in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Prove me wrong Pats!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

If you can not win close games in Baseball or Basketball it means you do not have the heart of a champion, I would say it means the same thing in Football.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]THIS TEAM SUX! bottom line... can't finish games... cant produce in the redzone.... cant stop other teams from passing all over... cant NOT go for it on 4th down... The list goes on and on... I'm sick of it.  Right now Denver will come to Foxboro and beat the Patriots in the 1st round of the playoffs. Prove me wrong Pats!!! 
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Pats won't lose to Denver in NE, should it happen. You better hope you get DEN or JAX in the 1st round.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Jbolt... it doesn't matter who comes to Foxboro... even if they win, then it would be off to Indy for ANOTHER loss...

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts