This times test your fandom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

This times test your fandom

I just want to quit now. 

Times like this make me wish I had never become a fan in the first place. The sheer devastation that I feel right now is unparralled. 

A classic example of so close, but so far. Right there, on Welker's hands, the entire season, and he blows it...

and now we'll have to suffer through another 19 games of stress and anxiety, just to hope to get back.

These seasons make you appreciate how hard it is to get to this point, and when you don't win, it's awful.

just think how hard it'll be to get back to this point... dear god... Brady is getting older, our defense is young, but needs some amount of help, and this o-line continues to underperform on the biggest stage...

so close, but so far... it feels like i'll never see a super bowl ever again.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: This times test your fandom

I disagree. This is the time that cements your fandom. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koot. Show Koot's posts

It's tough...

But, I can't complain about a team that's competitive, year-in, year-out.  No one gave the Patriots a chance, the smug media couldn't hide their smiles when they talked about "worst defense in the league" all year. 

Even during the actual Super Bowl, Michaels and Collinsworth carried on about the Giants like a teenage girl talking about her favorite fictional vampire.  They played the "JPP" version of a Naughty by Nature song as they went to commercial.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Hah, I did enjoy the pregame interview where Rodgers called out the Giants on faking injuries. It seemed to me like JPP and Rolle didn't miss many plays after they "got hurt" as the Pats were rolling along.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oddly, at about the 4:00 mark or something, when I recognized we were primed to lose, I was doing my usual internal bleeding when suddenly I realized... "hey, my life is going really well right now!  why am I so upset about this?"  And I realized I am taking it all too seriously.  My team lost.  AGAIN.  That is the worst part.  But, now it is next year, and it starts all over.  I, on the other hand,  have an AMD A8 3870 BLACK EDITION with an Asus F175-M mobo, and 8GB Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 on the way.  AND both an HTC Sensation and a Galaxy S II.  (I'll use both for a week and sell the one I like less.  I already had and liked the Sensation, but that 4.52" SAMOLED on the SII may seal that deal).  Maybe I'm normal now.  I wasn't right for two weeks after the last one of these.  That is a bunch of time to give up for something I have no control over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to This times test your fandom:
    [QUOTE]I just want to quit now.  Times like this make me wish I had never become a fan in the first place. The sheer devastation that I feel right now is unparralled.  A classic example of so close, but so far. Right there, on Welker's hands, the entire season, and he blows it... and now we'll have to suffer through another 19 games of stress and anxiety, just to hope to get back. These seasons make you appreciate how hard it is to get to this point, and when you don't win, it's awful. just think how hard it'll be to get back to this point... dear god... Brady is getting older, our defense is young, but needs some amount of help, and this o-line continues to underperform on the biggest stage... so close, but so far... it feels like i'll never see a super bowl ever again.. 
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]   I'm sure we could go back to a few other plays, but this is the one that hurt the most. I most sure handed receiver drops the ball in the most critical moment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: This times test your fandom:
    [QUOTE]Oddly, at about the 4:00 mark or something, when I recognized we were primed to lose, I was doing my usual internal bleeding when suddenly I realized... "hey, my life is going really well right now!  why am I so upset about this?"  And I realized I am taking it all too seriously.  My team lost.  AGAIN.  That is the worst part.  But, now it is next year, and it starts all over.  I, on the other hand,  have an AMD A8 3870 BLACK EDITION with an Asus F175-M mobo, and 8GB Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 on the way.  AND both an HTC Sensation and a Galaxy S II.  (I'll use both for a week and sell the one I like less.  I already had and liked the Sensation, but that 4.52" SAMOLED on the SII may seal that deal).  Maybe I'm normal now.  I wasn't right for two weeks after the last one of these.  That is a bunch of time to give up for something I have no control over.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what thos things are, but I'm happy for you.  Yeah, with maturity  comes the realization that it is just a game and there's more to life.  It stinks, other teams fans will be annoying about it....but if that gives them joy, that's a pretty sad existence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

No way around it..gonna don my Pats jersey and strut into work with my chest out and head held up high. ( Living and working outside NE sucks)

Sections
Shortcuts