This too shall pass......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

This too shall pass......

Back from 2 weeks at the camp. Splittin' wood, repairs and some needed down time. Got Hernandez outta my system and it felt great to do so. It's a legal matter now and I'm done with it.

Ya....saw the Dennard DUI issue.

Bad timing for sure

Bad for Dennard

Really stupid as well

I don't think it's terminal though, strange as it sounds I think he'll get one final chance after this current issue plays out. 4 game suspension and from that point on he will be on a very short leash.

The law of averages dictates many things. The Pats have not had many off field crap so if you think about it 99.9% of the time the players here behave well. It's just the .1% has finally reared it's ugly head as averages need to mean out once in awhile.

It will pass.

Heck I'm so well rested I may even be nice to folks for a day or two....but we'll see.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: This too shall pass......

As long as they keep winning games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

it's amazing the perspective a little RnR and some manual labor can give you.

well said

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ah, some rational perspective and context.  Glad you had some down time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Like a kidney stone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Aaron who??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Back from 2 weeks at the camp. Splittin' wood, repairs and some needed down time. Got Hernandez outta my system and it felt great to do so. It's a legal matter now and I'm done with it.

Bad timing for sure

Bad for Dennard

Really stupid as well

I don't think it's terminal though, strange as it sounds I think he'll get one final chance after this current issue plays out. 4 game suspension and from that point on he will be on a very short leash.

The law of averages dictates many things. The Pats have not had many off field crap so if you think about it 99.9% of the time the players here behave well. It's just the .1% has finally reared it's ugly head as averages need to mean out once in awhile.

It will pass.

Heck I'm so well rested I may even be nice to folks for a day or two....but we'll see.....

Just a quick math update 2 guys arrested off the the 53-man roster is actually about 3.8%.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Bad timing for sure

Bad for Dennard

Really stupid as well

It will pass.

Just a quick math update 2 guys arrested off the the 53-man roster is actually about 3.8%.

Yeah, I'm guessing he was basing that on the entire Kraft/Belichick era which strikes me as probably the most appropriate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

There have been a handful of bad actors in the BB era. Two that I remember were J. Cherry and Kenyatta Jones, both of whom were let go pretty quick as I recall. Don't remember the specifics of either case, but they certainly didn't tarnish the Pats name any.

Yes, Hernandez is a lot different, and will take a lot longer to be over with, but it will definitely pass. Much to the frustration of the haters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Bad timing for sure

Bad for Dennard

Really stupid as well

It will pass.

Yeah, I'm guessing he was basing that on the entire Kraft/Belichick era which strikes me as probably the most appropriate.

Hmm... there are four guys on the current roster who have tested positive for PEDs (Spikes, Bolden, Talib and Cunningham).  Stallworth had a 1 year suspension after his DUI-manslaughter plea deal in between his two stints on the Patriots roster. They brought in guys like Haynesworth and Cox who had bad pasts (one worked out one did not). Not to mention Rodney Harrison's HGH suspension and reputation as the dirtiest player in NFL, or Ty Law being arrested for disobeying the police way back in '04. These are not the first two incidents involving Patriots during the BB/Kraft era.

I do not think the Patriots have had anymore "bad guys" than any other team. I just think it crazy to think they ever truly held their players to a different standard off the field. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Well, I don't think you can equate PEDs with crimes. Nor do on-field tansgressions or reputation measure up to felonies. I agree that no team is perfect, or perhaps even better when it comes to this stuff. 

My numbers may be off, but there have been something like 30 NFL players arrested in the current offseason, and to my knowledge only one has lost his job. Isn't Mike Goodson still a member of the NYJ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Bad timing for sure

Bad for Dennard

Really stupid as well

It will pass.

I certainly meant all of the Players brought here during BB tenure. You can't cherry pick certain years or you are "playing" with the numers.

To be fair BB entire tenure should be taken into account and that tenure is a very good one and still believe 99.999% of his players here have accounted themselves well while they were here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Bad timing for sure

Bad for Dennard

Really stupid as well

It will pass.

I certainly meant all of the Players brought here during BB tenure. You can't cherry pick certain years or you are "playing" with the numers.

To be fair BB entire tenure should be taken into account and that tenure is a very good one and still believe 99.999% of his players here have accounted themselves well while they were here.

It is not about cherry picking certain numbers. The point is that the Patriots have had their trouble players throughout the BB ear just like every other team.

Well since 99.999% would mean 1 out of 100,000 and two players have been arrested this offseason alone, 200,000 players would have had to pass through the system for you number to accurate. That sounds high to me...

The BB tenure is great even historic when it comes to winning football games, but stop pretending like the team lives on some more high-ground that makes them different from other NFL franchises. They have the same bad apples as every other team in the NFL. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Bad timing for sure

Bad for Dennard

Really stupid as well

It will pass.

It is not about cherry picking certain numbers. The point is that the Patriots have had their trouble players throughout the BB ear just like every other team.

Well since 99.999% would mean 1 out of 100,000 and two players have been arrested this offseason alone, 200,000 players would have had to pass through the system for you number to accurate. That sounds high to me...

The BB tenure is great even historic when it comes to winning football games, but stop pretending like the team lives on some more high-ground that makes them different from other NFL franchises. They have the same bad apples as every other team in the NFL. 

Ahhhhh......not quite....99.999% is a percent.....could be 99.999 out of 100....could be...what ever number you wanted it to be....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Well, I don't think you can equate PEDs with crimes. Nor do on-field tansgressions or reputation measure up to felonies. I agree that no team is perfect, or perhaps even better when it comes to this stuff. 

My numbers may be off, but there have been something like 30 NFL players arrested in the current offseason, and to my knowledge only one has lost his job. Isn't Mike Goodson still a member of the NYJ?

I agree that PEDs are not the same as crimes, but there are only something like 40 active players who have served PEDs suspensions in the NFL and 10% of them are on the Patriots (I believe on the Seahawks have as many).

The offseason has been a bad one for the NFL in terms of arrests. Although, Hernandez is both the highest profile player arrested and the most serious charges.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The offseason has been a bad one for the NFL in terms of arrests. Although, Hernandez is both the highest profile player arrested and the most serious charges.

Yes, but Hernandez is the only one arrested who has lost his job, as far as I know. So, why are we so quick to fire Dennard for a DUI, especially when we don't really know the facts?

I brought up Goodson, because he was arrested on weapons and drug charges as I recall. And he's still on the NYJ roster.  The Broncos haven't fired those front office guys have they? One of those guys crashed into a cop car.

Let's just relax a bit on Dennard, is my point.  He's not Hernandez, part 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Yes, but Hernandez is the only one arrested who has lost his job, as far as I know. So, why are we so quick to fire Dennard for a DUI, especially when we don't really know the facts?

I brought up Goodson, because he was arrested on weapons and drug charges as I recall. And he's still on the NYJ roster.  The Broncos haven't fired those front office guys have they? One of those guys crashed into a cop car.

Let's just relax a bit on Dennard, is my point.  He's not Hernandez, part 2.

I do not think the Patriots should cut Dennard for the DUI. I do understand why Hernandez was cut by the Patriots. 

The long term question is whether or not it will be up to the Patriots to make the call, if his probation gets revoked it may not matter what BB and Kraft want to do.

Sections
Shortcuts