This weekend feels like a playoff game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This weekend feels like a playoff game.

I normally don't get too jacked up for the regular season games.  I like them and enjoy them, but normally don't get too excited until the playoffs roll around.  This week feels different.  The loss lsat week stung me more that a regular season loss normally does.  Probably because I felt like we really gave one away there in a pretty important game.  Consequently, this weekend's game at Baltimore feels especially big to me.  Win and we're looking pretty good to lock up a bye, lose and we could be possibly be facing a "must win" next week to even get into the playoffs.  We really don't want to go there.  I'm pretty nervous about this one.  Baltimore is heating up, playing tough and physical, and that is a tough place to play.  NE definitely hasn't been playing its best football the past few weeks.  I'm hopeful that we figure out a way to win, but don't feel very confident.  How is everyone else feeling about this one?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Re: This weekend feels like a playoff game.

I see the Pats very focused and pulling out a nice victory.  Baltimore just came off a big win and likely feel overconfident playing at home.  I say the Pats will win this game by 10pts or more.  I would be more nervous about Buffalo in the last game at foxboro, a team with tons of talent that could explode in the final game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Both teams have a lot on the line.  Of the two, the Ravens have the most to gain since if they win out, they attain the AFC North title.  Pats, just need one win and with Buffalo at home, we hope they want this win and not think only 1 of the next two.  If they get the rookie receivers back, who have the speed and height missing last Sunday, I believe they stand a good chance to win in Baltimore. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

like i said in my Collie post. this game feels like a must win... and obviously playoff games are must wins. i agree with your post. Pats need this game. i dont want to play an actual 'must win' game week 17 v. a pretty explosive vengeful bills team....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

like i said in my Collie post. this game feels like a must win... and obviously playoff games are must wins. i agree with your post. Pats need this game. i dont want to play an actual 'must win' game week 17 v. a pretty explosive vengeful bills team....

[/QUOTE]

Exactly my feelings.  Nothing would make Buffalo happier than ruining NE's season if they got the chance.  Better not to give them the opportunity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I normally don't get too jacked up for the regular season games.  I like them and enjoy them, but normally don't get too excited until the playoffs roll around.  This week feels different.  The loss lsat week stung me more that a regular season loss normally does.  Probably because I felt like we really gave one away there in a pretty important game.  Consequently, this weekend's game at Baltimore feels especially big to me.  Win and we're looking pretty good to lock up a bye, lose and we could be possibly be facing a "must win" next week to even get into the playoffs.  We really don't want to go there.  I'm pretty nervous about this one.  Baltimore is heating up, playing tough and physical, and that is a tough place to play.  NE definitely hasn't been playing its best football the past few weeks.  I'm hopeful that we figure out a way to win, but don't feel very confident.  How is everyone else feeling about this one?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Wazzu.

It isn't really, but it would be terrible to squander the Bengal loss. 

Plus you can always hope Denver cr@p$ their pants again?

Lastly, NE has bad blood with Baltimore to boot. 

It should be worth the price of admission. If NE can pull of a road game in December against a revived Baltimore team fighting for the playoffs, I don't see why they can't pull together a run at the title with homefield -- even if it is an unlikely run that will essentially be a marathon test of whether Brady can carry the team for three games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I concur 100%. Thats why my mood has been bad this week. It feels like we are sliding and here come the Ravens to kick us when we are done and try to finish us. In a way its sort of the way it should be considering the season we have had and the fact that the Ravens are battle tested as well with lots of close games and also were the team that took us out the playoffs  last year and we did the same for them the year before. Gonna be a BIG game and will say a lot about our chances this year. Whats wrong with being treated to exrta playoff games??  lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Wazzu.

It isn't really, but it would be terrible to squander the Bengal loss. 

Plus you can always hope Denver cr@p$ their pants again?

Lastly, NE has bad blood with Baltimore to boot. 

It should be worth the price of admission. If NE can pull of a road game in December against a revived Baltimore team fighting for the playoffs, I don't see why they can't pull together a run at the title with homefield -- even if it is an unlikely run that will essentially be a marathon test of whether Brady can carry the team for three games. 

[/QUOTE]

Nice bumpjob...   but the reality is it is more like a superbowl since Ravens won the Lombardi last year and the Pattriots Coaching staff needs that sense of urgency to open up their limited stale offense and figure out how to win this game.  

there is a 'next week' but with a loss next week looks like a sad story.

Sections
Shortcuts