This Welker BS has to stop!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This Welker BS has to stop!!

"One of the surprising aspects of the Patriots' home-opening loss to the Cardinals was Wes Welker serving as the No. 3 receiver. Julian Edelman played over Welker in most two-receiver sets.

Including penalties and a two-point conversion, Edelman was on for 75 snaps, while Welker played 63, according to ESPNBoston.com charting."

----------------

As I said last week, they are doing the same thing to Welker as thery did to Moss!! What a mistake, I don't like it!  This game planning is horrible.  Even though Welker had a better stat day then Edelman, it is clear that the Patriots are not adding Welker to the game plan these first two games like they did last season.  Why?  Are the Patriots really but hurt that Welker wants a longer term deal then the Patriots are willing to do? 

Patriots better put their mind/control games with players aside and get back to what wins games.  Welker needs to be involved all the freaking time, he is what opens up the run game and the deep ball.  This makes me sick.  Horrible game plan by the Patriots!! If they want to win games 83 needs to be in there and being targeted more then he is, plain freaking as simple as that!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: This Welker BS has to stop!!

Welker had a drive killing 3rd down easy drop for a 2nd game in a row.  So in the last 3 games he lost the Super Bowl with a drop and has 2 key drops in the 2 games so far this year.

That's what they call in the Scientific community a trend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker had a drive killing 3rd down easy drop for a 2nd game in a row.  So in the last 3 games he lost the Super Bowl with a drop and has 2 key drops in the 2 games so far this year.

[/QUOTE]

that's harsh.  I thought I was bad.....lol

Giving Welker the benefit of the drop...I mean doubt. He was trying to replace Hernandez's routes...which really isn't suited to his game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I believe Welker's drop led to the blocked punt (the missed FG, is clouding my memory). I love Welker but he does need to start playing better. Gronk was out of form today too dropping a TD and 2 bad penalties in the final minute.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

With as many receptions Welker has had for this team you fault him for 3 drops in 3 games?  Really?  You people need a reality check.  The Patriots are a much better offense when Welker is in the mix.  Without him in the mix, this team is flat.... like today.  Welker opens up the run, the deep ball and the middle field!  No other player on the team does that!  Certainly not Edelman!  I hate this loss, the Patriots should have been an offensive machine today, even without Hernandez.  Instead, they looked pathetic!  Welker must be involved more, as easy as that!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm afraid Wes just ain't what he used to be. Pity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.. Those were my thoughts exactly and one other ball that I thought he should have had also. It makes you wonder who's questioning his ability...The Pats or Himself?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I agree TFB. It's bizarre.

I understood the handling of Moss after his press conference shenanigans.

This...SI reported he was "benched" at the beginning. Something is going on behind the scenes that, unfortunately, we'll never hear about. Welker, since the season started, has been nothing but publicly professional. The Pats are a better team with him, the whole world knows that.

Whatever he did, or whatever happened had to be serious. I defer to BB's decision on this. If Welker did something to show up a coach or something in a practice, this is what HAS to happen. You don't let a guy do something like that. Pure speculation, but when has BB ever done something purely out of spite to his OWN team?

This is one of the few times where I relaly wish the team would just let everyone know what's going on. Usually I enjoy the stone walls...this one is perplexing. There are basically 3 WR on the roster, Hern goes down, and still he sits. That handcuffed the O. Half of their receiving corps were taken away, and as a result, we saw a 6-6 game at the half.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If I remember right, Moss was let go due to an incident with O'Brien about not getting the ball!  Same crap is going on here, Welker isn't getting the ball.  

Didn't they refuse to sign Moss to a new deal, game planned around him, not getting him involved so Moss gets into it with BOB and they let him go which then takes away the deep threat for how many seasons?  Which cost the Pats championships IMO.

Now with Welker... refuse to give him a new deal, game plan around him, not getting him involved..  SOUND FAMILIAR?

Edelman is no Welker, take away the short to mid field game and everything elses shuts down.  Can people not see the Patriots brass is blowing this yet again.  There is certainly something wrong here, "The Patriot Way" isn't working here.. it can't be more evident then this. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPride34. Show BostonPride34's posts

well with the injury to hernandez, they are going to need welker to step up big

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I remember right, Moss was let go due to an incident with O'Brien about not getting the ball!  Same crap is going on here, Welker isn't getting the ball.  

Didn't they refuse to sign Moss to a new deal, game planned around him, not getting him involved so Moss gets into it with BOB and they let him go which then takes away the deep threat for how many seasons?  Which cost the Pats championships IMO.

Now with Welker... refuse to give him a new deal, game plan around him, not getting him involved..  SOUND FAMILIAR?

Edelman is no Welker, take away the short to mid field game and everything elses shuts down.  Can people not see the Patriots brass is blowing this yet again.  There is certainly something wrong here, "The Patriot Way" isn't working here.. it can't be more evident then this. 

[/QUOTE]

He's dropped some big passes in his last few games. That sometimes brings the ball your way less.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Something is going on behind the scenes I'm sure. Wes is either displaying an attitude or he's not putting the extra work in. I've got to think that's it because I can't picture a team benching a guy because he didn't sign a team friendly contract. I just couldn't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Something is going on behind the scenes I'm sure. Wes is either displaying an attitude or he's not putting the extra work in. I've got to think that's it because I can't picture a team benching a guy because he didn't sign a team friendly contract. I just couldn't.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Welker continues to put in the work.  The dude came back from a torn ACL faster then I have ever seen and then looks better and faster.  Guys like that don't lay down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It was after Week 1 when Moss had the infamous press conference. Then he had more issues, and was gone. It was very public.

This, yes, looks, similar. But we don't know. Welker has toed the line, and stepped over it with BB a time or two in the past, so it wouldn't shock me.

We will probably find out through one of 2 things happening.

He's dealt elswehere.

Or:

He returns to form and no more mystery benchings.

Mankins had a very public, UGLY dispute with the team that didn't spill over onto the field (other than him, well, holding out...I mean from the Pats end). I need more evidence before I'm willing to condemn the Pats for "cutting off their nose to spite their face." Unfortunately, I think the only evidence would be one of those two things I mentioned.

11 targets to Edelman's 6. If the coaching staff and Welker are having issues, Brady isn't letting it effect his job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's dropped some big passes in his last few games. That sometimes brings the ball your way less.

[/QUOTE]

3 passes in 3 games, come on!!  Your statement is so wrong that it's not even funny.  I can't even scratch my head and say WHAT?  That is hater talk!  It's not even a "wait, you may have a point there" type of talk.  It's BS talk and you know it.

I'm pretty sure they will still have Gostowski kicking field goals after missing the game winner.l

They are still letting TFB throw the ball after losing games by throwing INT's. 

Seriously, the drop pass argument doesn't work as much as you like to think it does.  The Patriots need to put their little control games aside and focus on winning a championship!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm afraid Wes just ain't what he used to be. Pity.

[/QUOTE]

I was saying the same thing during the game.  Not saying he's done but we'll never see again the pre-injury Welker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

the "Welker BS" is justfied..........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3 passes in 3 games, come on!!  Your statement is so wrong that it's not even funny.  I can't even scratch my head and say WHAT?  That is hater talk!  It's not even a "wait, you may have a point there" type of talk.  It's BS talk and you know it.

I'm pretty sure they will still have Gostowski kicking field goals after missing the game winner.l

Seriously, the drop pass argument doesn't work as much as you like to think it does.  The Patriots need to put their little control games aside and focus on winning a championship!!

[/QUOTE]

Noting a receiver has dropped some big passes of late is hater talk? Alrighty then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

At 9 mil thereis no way they will sit him too much.

Maybe there was a reason? Injury early on mayb a pulled muscle or smething??????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Noting a receiver has dropped some big passes of late is hater talk? Alrighty then.

[/QUOTE]

Are you really saying a receiver is done because dropping 3 passes?  Seriuously, that can't be a serious argument.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]

With as many receptions Welker has had for this team you fault him for 3 drops in 3 games?  Really?  You people need a reality check.  The Patriots are a much better offense when Welker is in the mix.  Without him in the mix, this team is flat.... like today.  Welker opens up the run, the deep ball and the middle field!  No other player on the team does that!  Certainly not Edelman!  I hate this loss, the Patriots should have been an offensive machine today, even without Hernandez.  Instead, they looked pathetic!  Welker must be involved more, as easy as that!!

I won't fault him for anything.  But obviously, whatever the contract issue was, the team is moving on, and we won't have Wes any more. And he dropped a few this game.  Making him... just average.  Who started doesn't count, they played Edelman more, so they played Wes less.  Maybe they want to see if Edleman can replace Wes in order to decide what to do with Wes.  Either way, we lost because we didn't put enough points up, and that was a passing issue, NOT a running issue.  Not sure if the Card's front 4 was that good, or if our front 5 was that bad... thinking it's us.  

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, this is a joke!!

----------

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard

Patriots played 15 snaps of "12" personnel (1 RB, 2 TEs). Welker played 2 snaps. Edelman played 13.

-----------

Edelman is a better alternative then Welker?  Get serious Patriots.  What a joke!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW, this is a joke!!

----------

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard

Patriots played 15 snaps of "12" personnel (1 RB, 2 TEs). Welker played 2 snaps. Edelman played 13.

Lately, yes.  And you can't let what WAS cloud your judgement about what IS.  If I had to have ONE play, I would probably put Edelman in also.  Welker draws the best coverage and seems to drop as many as Edelman anyway.

-----------

Edelman is a better alternative then Welker?  Get serious Patriots.  What a joke!

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IMO, I think the Patriots need to stop thinking about who gets the touches, but - if throwing the ball - hitting the open receiver - not necessarily your favorite receiver.

The touches that receivers get are going to be reduced if the Patriots decide to continue to run the ball to make their offense less predictable and one dimensional.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wes needs to man up and not drop the easy ones