This Welker BS has to stop!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: This Welker BS has to stop!!

Today I felt there were at least three really easy drops that Brady hit people in the numbers and at least three other makeable catches that just weren't brought in by the receivers.  It happens but they have to all preprom better to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I remember right, Moss was let go due to an incident with O'Brien about not getting the ball!  Same crap is going on here, Welker isn't getting the ball.  

Didn't they refuse to sign Moss to a new deal, game planned around him, not getting him involved so Moss gets into it with BOB and they let him go which then takes away the deep threat for how many seasons?  Which cost the Pats championships IMO.

Now with Welker... refuse to give him a new deal, game plan around him, not getting him involved..  SOUND FAMILIAR?

Edelman is no Welker, take away the short to mid field game and everything elses shuts down.  Can people not see the Patriots brass is blowing this yet again.  There is certainly something wrong here, "The Patriot Way" isn't working here.. it can't be more evident then this. 

[/QUOTE]

Your right on the money tfb12.   They are doing the same thing they did to moss that their doing to WELKER now!   The only thing now with AHERN going down, they may rethink their plan in shipping WELKER outta here for a draft pick with a NFC team.....there is NO doubt something stinks with this situation and it's not right!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Today I felt there were at least three really easy drops that Brady hit people in the numbers and at least three other makeable catches that just weren't brought in by the receivers.  It happens but they have to all preprom better to win.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, Lloyd and Gronk dropped easy ones too

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's dropped some big passes in his last few games. That sometimes brings the ball your way less.

[/QUOTE]

3 passes in 3 games, come on!!  Your statement is so wrong that it's not even funny.  I can't even scratch my head and say WHAT?  That is hater talk!  It's not even a "wait, you may have a point there" type of talk.  It's BS talk and you know it.

I'm pretty sure they will still have Gostowski kicking field goals after missing the game winner.l

They are still letting TFB throw the ball after losing games by throwing INT's. 

Seriously, the drop pass argument doesn't work as much as you like to think it does.  The Patriots need to put their little control games aside and focus on winning a championship!!

[/QUOTE]

Noting a receiver has dropped some big passes of late is hater talk? Alrighty then.

[/QUOTE]

Are you really saying a receiver is done because dropping 3 passes?  Seriuously, that can't be a serious argument.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he was done. Why are you putting words in my mouth? I said when you drop a number of crucial passes you are apt to not see the ball as much. For that you label me a hater. I thought I was supposed to be the abusive poster, lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW, this is a joke!!

----------

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard

Patriots played 15 snaps of "12" personnel (1 RB, 2 TEs). Welker played 2 snaps. Edelman played 13.

-----------

Edelman is a better alternative then Welker?  Get serious Patriots.  What a joke!

[/QUOTE]

Consider the byline

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TFB12 - Completely agree with you on madness of minimizing Wes's play time and giving Edeleman the start and more snaps. What the h is going on with coaching staff? Makes no sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB12 - Completely agree with you on madness of minimizing Wes's play time and giving Edeleman the start and more snaps. What the h is going on with coaching staff? Makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]

Do they want to play Patriots Politics or win freaking football games??  This one is on the coaching staff and organization. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If Welker plays great and they don't play him, it's politics. If he drops the ball in key spots and they don't play him as much, and Edelman is playing just as well in those spots, it's different. 

Let's wait till Welker plays great and isn't getting as many snaps, then we can have that discussion. 

TB, Babe didn't say he was done, you exagerrated his words. He said when you drop the ball, you dont get as many snaps. Same is true for running backs. You seem to be taking a  "after all that Welker has done for this franchise argument. BB cannoot afford to be that sentimental. Every Sunday you have to prove it on the field. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Endleman over Welker = a step back.

The ego is a powerful force.

It also has the ability to destroy common sense.

You couldn't reach an agreement with Welker.

Shame but shinola happens.

Play him until his wheels come off.

He can help, let him for criss sakes.

Remember...team first....it's not cut off your nose to spite your face.

Put the ego down before the team gets hurt.

Put an asset on the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do they want to play Patriots Politics or win freaking football games??  This one is on the coaching staff and organization. 

[/QUOTE]

You already hit on this TFB! but ...

They are going to TRADE WELKER - hand writing on the wall.  They are Doing the SAME thing now with Welker, that they did with Moss a couple years ago!  I'm not sure why folks don't see this!  It's Clear.....I'm just trying to figure out what NFC team he'll go to?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

TFB you got one more person in your camp.  These people saying Edleman is a better option then Welker are just spewing soar grapes.  Welker could drop the next TEN passes thrown to him and he still would be a BETTER option then edleman.  Give me a break.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB you got one more person in your camp.  These people saying Edleman is a better option then Welker are just spewing soar grapes.  Welker could drop the next TEN passes thrown to him and he still would be a BETTER option then edleman.  Give me a break.

[/QUOTE]

Right on Patsman!  BB has always said, he always plays his best players, to put his team in the best position to win, and we ALL know, Edleman IS NOT a better OPTION than Welker.  Something is clearly going on here....we'll find out at some point....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They aren't going to keep Welker after this season - so his role is being downsized.  Seems to make sense to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

This is an over-reaction, it's week 2 for crying out loud!! I guess the pats want to know what they have in Edelman in case a trade for welker presents itself or has been presented behind the scenes...who know's but its too premature to be pressing the panic botton and over analize a week 2 loss to a team that has been on a roll defensively for the last 11 games or so. And it's very simple the whole O didn't execute and that's why they lost, starting from the coaches to the players...I've read somewhere I think it was a jackie piece on espn that it was the same during the week of practice..Poor execution, no communication..etc...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

My God.

Some of you sound like a bunch of old ladies cackeling over whose lasagna is the best.

None of us, has a clue as to what BB's motivation is or if a problem even exhist.  Are you in practice?  Maybe JE is busting his butt and Welker is not.  Maybe he's nicked up.  We heard reports all preseason of JE dominating and his ability to elude tacklers.  We heard reports of Welker not practicing.

Put 2 + 2 together and you might just be able to see beyond conspiracy theories.

What JE lacks in talent, he certainly makes up for in effort.  I do see him getting better.  Give him some credit.

I know BB never gives us a clue and that makes peoples minds wonder, but WTH, let the coaches coach.

Ever think that maybe JE was replacing Hern, not Welker?  Jeeze!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Something is definitely going on that we don't know about.

I saw Ty Law on Sports Sunday, and really, who around here has a better idea of how things run than Ty?

What he thinks is that there is definitely something, that we'll NEVER hear about, going on behind the scenes.

BB DOES NOT PLAY POLITICS ON THE FIELD! Moss had DEGRADED. What he did to Moss? Then what MIN did to him? Then what TEN did to him? Then what the WHOLE LEAGUE did to him last season? Come on guys.

If he WAS going to play politics, then why not deal him before setting the pats all-time receptions record? He'll let him garner personal accolades while making the team suffer? Seriously?

I know it was a frustrating loss, but, really...this is spinning out of control.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Also...maybe...just maybe...Welker is degrading?

Consider this:

2 games.

2 big drops.

This is a guy that went through SEASONS dropping no more than a pass or 2. One hit him in the face, one hit him in the stomach. Perfect passes ANY WR should catch. Catches Welker should be making practically one-handed given what I've watched him do over 5 seasons.

Are politics playing into those?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

From Reis

On the Wes Welker vs. Julian Edelman playing time storyline, the disparity (Edelman 75, Welker 63) came in the 2 WR/2 TE/1 RB grouping, where Edelman had 15 snaps and Welker 3. Stevan Ridley had runs of 20, 12 and 10 yards on three of the snaps that Edelman was on the field in that grouping. Further tape study will add context as to how Edelman's run blocking -- perhaps an area that the coaching staff sees him as an upgrade over Welker -- might have contributed to those results'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Edelman can not run routes or get open like Welker can.  He can not block better then Welker.  He isn't a play maker or game changer that Welker can be.  It's not the drops, if that was the case Lloyd would be benched for the blunder he made last Sunday.  Or how about the Gronk hold or offsides that cost the Patriots the game yesterday?  Will he now be in the dog house?  No.

Branch makes a better receiver option the Edelman does yet Branch is gone & Edelman is getting more time then Welker did yesterday.  It boggles the mind, it really does.  Drink the kool aid, don't drink the kool aid, I don't care.  What I care about is this team winning games, more importantly... Super Bowls!!  There is something above and beyond going on here and it is hurting this team.  They better get this behind them right now otherwise we can all kiss another opportunity good-bye!

If the Patriots lost because their whole game plan was based on Hernandez then shame on them for not having plan B in place or for not being able to improvise, I thought they were a better coaching staff then that.  If they lost due to playing the same games with Welker as they did with Moss then they need to get off their high horse and stop the F'ing power/mind/ego games with their polayers and start focusing on what needs to be done to win Super Bowls!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Edelman can not run routes or get open like Welker can.  He can not block better then Welker.  He isn't a play maker or game changer that Welker can be.  It's not the drops, if that was the case Lloyd would be benched for the blunder he made last Sunday.  Or how about the Gronk hold or offsides that cost the Patriots the game yesterday?  Will he now be in the dog house?  No.

Branch makes a better receiver option the Edelman does yet Branch is gone & Edelman is getting more time then Welker did yesterday.  It boggles the mind, it really does.  Drink the kool aid, don't drink the kool aid, I don't care.  What I care about is this team winning games, more importantly... Super Bowls!!  There is something above and beyond going on here and it is hurting this team.  They better get this behind them right now otherwise we can all kiss another opportunity good-bye!

If the Patriots lost because their whole game plan was based on Hernandez then shame on them for not having plan B in place or for not being able to improvise, I thought they were a better coaching staff then that.  If they lost due to playing the same games with Welker as they did with Moss then they need to get off their high horse and stop the F'ing power/mind/ego games with their polayers and start focusing on what needs to be done to win Super Bowls!

[/QUOTE]
     On the Wes Welker vs. Julian Edelman playing time storyline, the disparity (Edelman 75, Welker 63) came in the 2 WR/2 TE/1 RB grouping, where Edelman had 15 snaps and Welker 3. Stevan Ridley had runs of 20, 12 and 10 yards on three of the snaps that Edelman was on the field in that grouping. Further tape study will add context as to how Edelman's run blocking -- perhaps an area that the coaching staff sees him as an upgrade over Welker -- might have contributed to those results

UGH.   The 3 TE set is being used to help the  flailing O-line.  They were using JE as a 3rd TE for replacement of Herns passing AND blocking.  Edelman is a better blocker but the idea was to replace Herns production, not Welkers.  That was plan B.

Edelman wouldn't have had as many snaps if Hern didn't go down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Many complained after the last couple of seasons that the Pats needed to run the ball and have a more balanced attack.  Edelman is the better blocker.  You can't have it both ways.  More running = less Wes.

25. This post has been removed.