1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: This Welker BS has to stop!!

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HE's correct.  It's also why BB is loading up on TEs.  If you can't block as a TE here or a WR or RB, you won't fit here.

Edelman is a physical player, who for some reason gets completely disrespected by this fanbase.  It's like Dan Connolly. He's good, but everyone wants to pretend he isn't.

[/QUOTE]

You can't understand?  Here you go:

2011 Welker 122 catches 1,569 yards.  Edelman 4 catches 34 yards

2010 Welker 86 catches 848 yards.  Edelman 7 catches 86 yards.

2009 Welker 123 catches 13,48 yards.  Edelman 37 catches 359 yards.

Gee can't imagine why people want Welker over Edelman.  Best part is the "old" guy is coming off an incredible year while the "young" guy PEAKED his rookie year.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and Welker is 0-2 in SBs because we pass to him too much. Not his fault, but it's the truth.  I love Welker like the next guy, Jets Troll, but more passes to him does not equate to wins, necessarily.

I go by what I see. In the Welker role in 2009, Edelman played the Welker part just fine. He's not Welker level, but no one in this league is. 

I applaud BB and McDaniels for seeing what they have in game action and making the best decision possible for the team, based on each player's skill set.

If the logic was they wanted a bigger body to replace Hernandez on that field after his injury, then so be it.  The rest of you are falling sensationalism and speculation.

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious.  What's best for the team?  Welker plays more week 1, they win. Edelman plays more week 2, they lose.  Hmmmmmmm

Just curious, how many catches did Edelman have yesterday?  Week 1?  Just what has Edelman contributed these 2 weeks.  Boy his blocking must have been something...oh wait they ran better in week 1 with Welker.  Hmmmmm

I do love you Rusty. You have been on a personal crusade since the last Super Bowl loss on how it's all Brady's fault but now you go and pull out the Pats are 0-2 with throwing to Welker to much.  So now its NOT all Brady's fault.  It's that darn Wes Welker for catching 123 passes last year.  That Greedy SOB!!!

The one consistant thing about you Rusty is your inconsistancy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to markrahobeth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well not sure how that's going to work as it seems to be a clear signal to the opposing defense.  If edelman is in its a run, if Welker is in its pass.

Teams shuffle various packages all the time. The D knows often knows the type of play, the question is can they defend it?

Also, did you see Fitzgerald blocking out there yesterday? It made a difference.

[/QUOTE]

Of course the fact that Welker was in on 43 snaps and Edelman was in for only 23 snaps during Week 1 when Ridley ran for 125 yards sure shows how much the running game needs Edelman in there over Welker......

[/QUOTE]

Hernandez was playing in Week 1. Spin again. This proves you don't get it. The whole reason why this was brought up was because Hernandez got hurt. Edelman is the best closest thing in skill set to Hernandez because he's got good size as slot type of receiver. If the idea was to run Ridley a bit and get that going, it helped committing to the better blocker in that case.

Some of you are severely over-analyzing this.

[/QUOTE]

Are you daft?  Go back and watch the tape from week 1.  Hernadez was playing as the 2nd WR on the outside 90 percent of the time in that game, he was not in the slot.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Yes they are grooming edelman LOL. Again, how many catches did he have yesterday? week 1?  This dog needs more then grooming...

Do I know more then BB?  On football no, but I also didn't draft Jackson, Johnson, sign Ocho Cinco, and the list goes on with their track record on recievers.  BB isn't perfect so save the oh BB made the decision so it HAS to be right line.  Unless of course you can't actually come up with a valid arguement so you fall back on that.  Oh wait it's Rusty you never have a valid arguement...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

When you have guys like Gronk, Lloyd, Welker on the field, it's not likely you're going to be targeted much. This is the same pathetic argument you morons tried last year, talking about Ochocinco, a 4th option for Brady, where you pretend that players needs knockout fantasty stats to prove their worth.

Again, you don't get it.    Brady threw 46 times yesterday.  That's the problem. Not moving the chains enough, INT, 3 and outs, stopping running the ball and subbing in Woodhead for Ridley on the same drives, and vice versa.

None of this has anything to do with Edelman and his production on the depth chart.  Yes, Edelman needs reps in game action if he's going to play a junior kind of Welker role next year, because Hernandez is the new Welker anyway.

You simply aren't very bright.

Wait a minute.  Brady threw 46 times.  Woody subbing in over Ridley.  Not running enough.  Sounds like your questioning some of BB moves.  DO YOU KNOW MORE THEN BB???  I didn't think so.  So clearly your wrong.  

Oh snap did you see what I did there.  I used your own simplistic/moronic argument against you.  You just got out-smarted by a not very bright guy.  Shame on you.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

McDaniels calls the plays, just like O'Brien does. Or McDaniels let Brady run the 2 minute as he saw fit. Yes, I disagree with that. That's not BB's decision, however.  Calling plays is the OC's job.

So, you'RE wrong yet again.  Oh snap.  You must enjoy being wrong since you get more practice at it here more than anyone else.

[/QUOTE]

Who's decision was it to hire McDaniels the guy you are saying made all these bad decisions??  BB.  So you are questioning BB's decisions.  Oh snap, got you again.

Also, if you don't think BB has his hand in the play calling pot, then your ummm what's the best way to put this......not very bright.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Hernandez was playing in Week 1. Spin again. This proves you don't get it. The whole reason why this was brought up was because Hernandez got hurt. Edelman is the best closest thing in skill set to Hernandez because he's got good size as slot type of receiver. If the idea was to run Ridley a bit and get that going, it helped committing to the better blocker in that case.

Some of you are severely over-analyzing this.

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Just Wow!  Really?  Hernandez is 6'1, 245 lbs and you are saying "Edelman is the best closest thing in skill set to Hernandez because he's got good size as slot type of receiver."  amazing.  I can't even comment on this one. That is the most crazy statement I have read here.  What is Edelman 5'10, 185? 

And you arguing Edelmans small, very small 2009 experience over Welkers body of work?  What you smoking, man?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Wes Welker.  But I have zero problem with the Pats trying to integrate Edelman more into the offense.  Wes may see the ball more now that Hernandez is out for the immediate future and until Fells and Shiancoe can be counted on, but there is a good chance this is Wes' last season in Foxboro.  They are paying him a lot of money to be a steady player who can be productive in the system.  They probably won't overvalue him like a lot of fans do given his age and injury history, and I think the writing is on the wall somewhat that this offense has morphed  and that his days as first option have passed. 

Some see it as personal, I see it as business and a change of offensive philosopy that puts the empahsis more on the TE and maybe the running game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Wes Welker.  But I have zero problem with the Pats trying to integrate Edelman more into the offense.  Wes may see the ball more now that Hernandez is out for the immediate future and until Fells and Shiancoe can be counted on, but there is a good chance this is Wes' last season in Foxboro.  They are paying him a lot of money to be a steady player who can be productive in the system.  They probably won't overvalue him like a lot of fans do given his age and injury history, and I think the writing is on the wall somewhat that this offense has morphed  and that his days as first option have passed. 

Some see it as personal, I see it as business and a change of offensive philosopy that puts the empahsis more on the TE and maybe the running game.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously where does this stuff come from?  What change are you talking about?  Welker caught 123 passes last year with the TE"s heavily involved.  All I heard about this off-season was how Lloyd was ANOTHER weapon that was going to expand the offense. The Pats were going to have FOUR legit options not just three.

Now its all, oh the offense is changing, there phasing out Welker and the slot postion.  Can someone explain to me why you pay a guy 10 MILLION DOLLARS to be phased out.  If that was the plan I would have rather they just let Welker go, play edelman and use the 10 million dollars on say oh umm an offensive line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously where does this stuff come from?  What change are you talking about?  Welker caught 123 passes last year with the TE"s heavily involved.  All I heard about this off-season was how Lloyd was ANOTHER weapon that was going to expand the offense. The Pats were going to have FOUR legit options not just three.

Now its all, oh the offense is changing, there phasing out Welker and the slot postion.  Can someone explain to me why you pay a guy 10 MILLION DOLLARS to be phased out.  If that was the plan I would have rather they just let Welker go, play edelman and use the 10 million dollars on say oh umm an offensive line.

[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it, it was good business to get a very good WR at reasonable cost on a short term deal with the possibility that they could agree on an extension before or after the season.  They aren't going to give Wes huge money to re-up in Foxboro, and the fact that they signed their two TEs huge deals is an indication that the offense will be based on feeding Gronk and Hernandez the ball for the immediate future. 

I think game 1 was a sign of the new normal.  My eyes told me that the offense won't be a pass prolific as it has been, at least not to the WRs.  Admittedly it was a small sample, and all bets are off unless Hernandez's injury wasn't as bad as it looked.  But I go back to the contracts for #81 and # 87 to tell me all I need to know about where things are headed.  

It's too bad for Wes, but sometimes you are a victim of your own success. In a league where your earnings are based on your production, it's too bad he's hitting FA at 31 or 32 y.o., assuming they don't franchise him again.     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

It is my perception that some people just get it.  Some people can accomplish it without first getting it, but rarely do these people rise to the vaunted level of those who "just get it". 

Welker, imo, just gets it.  Edleman may rise to the occassion, but not to Welker's level.  Welker is a special player and the pats are lucky to have him.  If they are phasing him out, then they may be "over-coaching" and that may bite the team in the butt. 

I am sure people will point out that the pats didn't miss a beat without Moss, but Moss had lost his will.  I don't believe that's the case with Welker.  The loss of Hernandez may force the pats back to featuring Welker, if it doesn't, I expect that the Pats will go another year without a title and the following year Brady will be another year older. 

Makes me wonder if McDaniels is operating with an arrogance and control that he didn't have previously with the pats.  I wonder if he and Brady are not on the same page. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

So let's see what some here and some of the Media Pundits are saying.

After the Pats Franchised Welker for $9 Million Dollars: 

They don't plan on resigning him next year because he wouldn't sign a team friendly contract this year.  They are also  going to use him less out of spite and just eat the $9Mill they have to pay him.

Another reason they don't want to use Welker is so that they can trade him to some sucker team that will pick up the balance of his $9Mill Contract.  Of course by not featuring him as much, other teams might be suspcious that something is wrong with Welker.  But what the hey, it's only $9Mill so some team will want him anyway.  

This is complete nonsense.

The reason Welker is not targeted as much is because "It is what it is" and nothing else.  Why does there have to be a conspiracy around every corner?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not surprised you are surprised that a good all round football player was chosen by BB.

[/QUOTE]

What could Edelman do that one of the other receivers that were cut couldn't? Play bad defense?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

This is about the Pats proving a point with WW, even if it means losing a game...or two! If the Pats don't swollow their pride then TB is in for a long game vs balt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I like Edelman but anyone who hints that he is as good as Welker because of one game is crazy. Welker is one tough SOB. He gets clobbered constantly by linebackers and gets up. Brady has nearly gotten Welker killed repeatedly yet he gets up and keeps playing. Edelman drops almost everything unless it's right on the numbers. A bad drop against the Jets a few years ago on a sure touchdown was one of the key plays in an ugly Jets loss when Welker was hurt. Welker was not responsible at all for the 2007 SB loss, in fact he was probably the teams best offensive player that day (why didn't Belichek trust Ghost on that day is still beyond me).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

When you have guys like Gronk, Lloyd, Welker on the field, it's not likely you're going to be targeted much. This is the same pathetic argument you morons tried last year, talking about Ochocinco, a 4th option for Brady, where you pretend that players needs knockout fantasty stats to prove their worth.

Again, you don't get it.    Brady threw 46 times yesterday.  That's the problem. Not moving the chains enough, INT, 3 and outs, stopping running the ball and subbing in Woodhead for Ridley on the same drives, and vice versa.

None of this has anything to do with Edelman and his production on the depth chart.  Yes, Edelman needs reps in game action if he's going to play a junior kind of Welker role next year, because Hernandez is the new Welker anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Even you have to admit that 13 of the pass attempts came on the scramble at the endgame.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Way to make friends by calling them stupid. The bottom line is that they paid the guy franchise money, making him one of the highest paid position players on the team. All of this BS whether its coming from BB, via Willie McGinesit or whom ever questioning his dedication is troubling to many loyal fans. The guy has been the ultimate patriot,  and should be treated as such. Why did they pay him all that money to have him come off the bench for Julian Edelman??? Odd. It Has nothing to do with all the weapons that Brady has, The OP was referring to all of the mind games being played here by the Pats( of which their is a history of such) , and how that is impacting WW's role with the team. His lack of touches makes little sense given the offences struggles, and if he does not see at least five to ten balls thrown his way this weekend with hernadez out, then something is up.

Sections
Shortcuts