This Welker BS has to stop!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: This Welker BS has to stop!!

I wish Brady would speak up and out for his #1 receiver and friend Wes. What's BB going to do? Bench Brady????  Les Wes be Wes. Let him play. He's been such a key to years of success for the Patriots. He keeps his nose clean, he wors hard, he leaves it all on the field.

Hate the way this season is starting with the "what are you doing with (or to?) Wes?"

Edelman is no Wes Welker. Not even close. Between this Wes BS and the horrible game planning and play calling this past Sunday-I question J. MCD judgement.  Just a bad way to start the season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Del..  the speculation about Welker as evidenced by posts here and in the media is amazing!  With no concrete news at all out of the Pats camp, it is incredulous how everyone speculates about his status.  Wouldn't you hate to be Welker and read how the fans and media view his status?  For all we know, everything is hunky dory and Welker is fully engaged and knows it is about winning as a TEAM and not about himself!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Wes played on Sunday and played a bunch. Why do people act like he didn't play?

Bass -- Your missing the point here. Welker was named a starter against AZ, yet when the game started  he was not out there and later said he had no idea that Edleman was taking his place. Also Willie McGinest of all people chipping in yesterday questiong his dedication. This for the Pats all time reception leader? The only thing Brady has said is that the Pats do noit want to overuse any of their reveivers. Ok, maybe they are hodling him back, but if he played as much as you say he did, then why did he only see the field after Hernadez was injured?  Yeah, ok, a first team all pro being beaten out by a mediocre wideout who had an ok preseason? There is a message being sent here. He's a pro athlete who makes a ton of money, and we should not feel sorry for him and if he's the one causing the rift, ok, shame on him, but the guy has been a great player for the team, came back early from a devestaing injury and was lights ou, he deserves yo be treated better imo..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

I wish Brady would speak up and out for his #1 receiver and friend Wes. What's BB going to do? Bench Brady????  Les Wes be Wes. Let him play. He's been such a key to years of success for the Patriots. He keeps his nose clean, he wors hard, he leaves it all on the field.

Hate the way this season is starting with the "what are you doing with (or to?) Wes?"

Edelman is no Wes Welker. Not even close. Between this Wes BS and the horrible game planning and play calling this past Sunday-I question J. MCD judgement.  Just a bad way to start the season.

I agree.  TFB needs to put his foot down and be a leader here.  His time is running short, he has gone along with everything the Pats have done.  It is time for him to be selfish and put his foot down and start making some demands here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Del..  the speculation about Welker as evidenced by posts here and in the media is amazing!  With no concrete news at all out of the Pats camp, it is incredulous how everyone speculates about his status.  Wouldn't you hate to be Welker and read how the fans and media view his status?  For all we know, everything is hunky dory and Welker is fully engaged and knows it is about winning as a TEAM and not about himself!

The fact that Edelman is even on the field as an option makes me shake my head.  Sure, he may have out performed people in practices but that's practices.  They don't count wins and losses in practice.  You don't winn a Super Bowl in a practice game.  Edelman has not done anything on the field the last couple years to prove he is a viable option as a receiver.  His route running is not great, he can not get seperation, he can not get open and you can not line him up wide. 

Nothing against the guy, gotta give him props because he is willing to do and play anything just to get out on the field and help is awesome.  BUT he isn't better then Welker, doesn't deserve to play over Welker and to be a bit honest here, there are more viable options out there to play receiver to help this team get where it needs to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

First of all Edelman has been on the field more because we are only carrying 4 WR and Slater is a special teamer.  Welker even admitted on WEEI that he is still shaking off the rust because he missed so much of the preseason.  Let's give this some more time before we all freak out about it.  I mean christ the guy did almost have a 100 yard game on Sunday.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

First of all Edelman has been on the field more because we are only carrying 4 WR and Slater is a special teamer.  Welker even admitted on WEEI that he is still shaking off the rust because he missed so much of the preseason.  Let's give this some more time before we all freak out about it.  I mean christ the guy did almost have a 100 yard game on Sunday.

I believe Slater is a better option then Edelman in receiving, probably not blocking, and a rusty Wes Welker is better then Edelman in all aspects of the game.  I think the reason Wes almost got 100 yards was because Hernandez went down.  I believe Welker wasnt a focus in the initial game plan and that changed once Hernandez went out.  TFB went back to old reliable, imo. 

Aaron hasn't made it through a complete season yet in his career and probably never will as you tend to be more durable the younger you are.  Why put so much stock in your game plan around a person who seems to get ding'ed up so much?  He needs to be used as an extra threat, not the main threat!!  This coaching regime needs to get their heads out of thier you know what's and get this team going in the right direction.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

All of this is pure speculation. Nobody here has microphones planted everywhere or psychic mind reading powers. I would also add that we have not won a Super Bowl with a Brady/Welker centered offense and if a more diversified offense is what we need to go all the way then Brady/Welker numbers are going to suffer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't buy the "team has an axe to grind" with Welker BS.  There may be more going on behind the scenes than we know, but again, I have zero problem with McD trying to figure out what he's got with Edelman while trying to integrate him into the offense since it's possible that Welker isn't here next year.  Time will tell just how (if) this offense has changed, but if it means Brady isn't dropping back 40 times a game then I'm all for it even if it means less balls for all of his many targets.  

As long as those two TEs are healthy, they are the focus of the offense.  And let's be thankful that a guy like Ridley seems to have taken a big leap forward in his development.  Now that Hernandez is out, Welker will see more opportunities.  That's why they are paying him a lot of money to be a productive player in this system.  He is on pace for 64 receptions and 800+ yards, hardly pedestrian.  

I just don't buy the media conspiracy theories that BB is trying to hold Wes' value down or that he's punishing him for not signing a team-friendly deal.  I think McD is trying to make this offense more diverse, which will only make it harder to defend.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Here's a challenge for the conspiracy buffs. Watch a game and chart every Welker move. Then come back with some actual numbers showing he was open and Brady deliberately ignored him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

After reading all this I think I almost threw-up a little.

So much man-love for Welker.

"Oh, poor wittle Wes." 

"It's not fair. He deserves better."

Snap out of it you fools.  It's got nothing to do with "deserves".  He's getting paid plenty.  He had a chance at a good contract for 2 yrs. and blew it.

He's no longer the focus of this offense anymore.  The offense is more tightend dependent.  If they think Edelman needs to be out there then there must be a reason. I think I'll trust the Patriots coaches rather than the media or the geniuses on this forum.

THIS IS MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

First off, Wes is married.  To a Hooters girl.  So you got no chance he's already taken.

Second, enjoy wearing your number 83 jersey this season then donate it to the Goodwill when it's over because he won't be on this team next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

First off, Wes is married.  To a Hooters girl.  So you got no chance he's already taken.

Second, enjoy wearing your number 83 jersey this season then donate it to the Goodwill when it's over because he won't be on this team next year.

Your right he does not deserve anything, and nobody's elses opinion matters but yours.  Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to polar123's comment:

Your right he does not deserve anything, and nobody's elses opinion matters but yours.  Thanks.

For some of you, it's not an opinion.  It's an obsession.

Grow up and get over it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Grow up and get over it.

I'm a spoiled brat! I'm not a loser, I am a winner!!  Therefore I hate to lose, and love winning!  Matter of fact... I hate losing more then I love winning!!

With that said... I want my favorite team to be the best, to be the World Champions of the whole Mother F'ing NFL!!  Wes Welker gives the team the bast chance to do that, certainly Edelman doesn't.  Here you are talking about feelings, I have not seen a post talking about feelsings so let me ask you this........ What part of this thread do you not understand?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Grow up and get over it.

Salcon-- I'll admit that using the word deserves was dumb, but I do think the pats best chance of winning is when he is on the field more often than not. I have made three posts on this topic, if that is your definition of obsession, so be it. The more I read today, the less I'm inclined to believe there is anything unusual going on here other than business as usual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Welkers going to be Bill's "wildcat"-- teams may think he's not going to get much playing time- but they still have to gameplan for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't know about obsession but some folks are talking about some kind of conspiracy theory going on that is keeping Welker off the field because of the way he handled his contract situation or whatever.

I think that is just ludicrous.

I do not believe BB or McD would purposely sabotage the Patriots chances to win to make a point with one player.

Obviously some of our opinions don't agree with the Patriots coaching staff on what gives the team the best chance to win.

I always liked Welker.  I still don't give him total blame for that pass in the Superbowl.  Thought it was a bad throw and he made a tremendous effort to get his hands on the ball.  And ofcourse the incredible work he put in to come back from the ACL injury as quick as he did.

That being said,  I think Edelman earned  some time on the field.  From all accounts he had a great off-season.  He's done everything asked of him.  Played Special teams, wide receiver, defensive back.  Don't know why everyone is so down on him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Haven't read all the comments, but just to stir the pot even more, would Welker have run up his blocker's leg like Edelman did?  Is it possible that playing the inexperienced Edelman over Welker is one reason we're without Hernandez?

I don't really fault Edelman, but at least one commentator on one of the networks did suggest that Edelman should have known better than to run into his blocker's leg like that.  Personally, I think that's just what happens in the chaos on the field and I don't think Edelman was at fault, but I do wonder if others think Edelman should have known better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't think that there is anything much to this. If having Welker in there every snap is going to make the team better then he would be out there every snap. I think the team is changing its offensive philosophy of always being so predictable. They are going through some growing pains but it will all get worked out. The media is once again blowing this way way way out of proportion. Even Welker says that he thinks that its a better way to go, have more options.  He's 31 years old and lets face it, were not talking about taking Calvin Johnson out and putting him on the bench.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That being said,  I think Edelman earned  some time on the field.  From all accounts he had a great off-season.  He's done everything asked of him.  Played Special teams, wide receiver, defensive back.  Don't know why everyone is so down on him.

Because he just isn't that good.  He can not run routes or get open and is a zero threat to the defense.  To be honest, I don't even like him returning punts!!  No doubt he is a hard worker, do anything type of guy but he just isnt really good at any one position and other teams know this.   I have no idea why the Pats have such a hard on for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

^^^^Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels held his regular Tuesday conference call with reporters today and he was asked about increased playing time for Julian Edelman and Wes Welker not being on the field as much as he was in 2011.

Here is the Q&A:

When Julian is out on the field alongside Brandon Lloyd, with the two receivers and two tight ends, what do you like that he brings to that package?
    "First of all, we played multiple different guys and we moved them around the other day, quite a little bit. We did the same thing in Tennessee. I think we have a lot of guys that can do different things and help us make some plays and move the ball. Julian is certainly one of those guys. He made quite a few plays the other day in the game and really helped us, and came up big, in a couple of those two-minute situations there. He's a guy that gives you everything he's got on every play. He's got speed and has caught the ball well for us so far this year. He's a returner and gives you an element of run-after-catch that I'd say is something he does fairly well. Not to say that we don't have other players that do it very well too, but Jules, I think, has earned the right to get out there and play. We used him a lot in the three-receiver sets opposite of Brandon, with Wes inside. And then used him a little bit in there in those two-tight end formations as well."

A lot of discussion in the media based on Wes Welker and why he isn't on the field as much as he was last year. You weren't here last year, but why are those numbers down a little bit for Wes?
    "I think Wes played a big role for us the other day. I think it just goes back to the fact that we feel like we've got a number of different guys that can contribute and help our offense, and have earned the opportunities that they are getting. Wes, whatever it was, [we] threw the ball his way 12 or 13 times or somewhere in that neighborhood the other day. He made a number of big plays for us. Each game-plan ends up different. Sometimes we play guys the majority of the game. Other times, we feel like using some different rotations that may give us some advantages, whether that may be a matchup we end with in the front, or a personnel grouping that we expect the defense to give us. Or even formationally ourselves, in terms of what we try to do. I think there are a number of factors that go into our game-plan every week, but certainly, he's going to be a big part of our game-plan each week that we go in and play."^^^

Quit calling a zit a tumor.  jeesh

Sections
Shortcuts