This Welker BS has to stop!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: This Welker BS has to stop!!

By Mike Rodak | ESPNBoston.com

MAPLEVILLE, R.I. -- Count Matt Light among those who feel Wes Welker's reduced playing time to start this season isn't a big deal.

The former Patriots offensive lineman and current ESPN NFL analyst was asked on Tuesday at his eighth annual celebrity shootout if he has wondered why Welker hasn't been on the field as much through the first two games.

"I don't. You're kind of crazy to think that you're going to go to one guy all the time. Again, it's Week 2. Could he come out and be the guy who has 14 or 15 catches in Week 3? Of course," Light said.

Fourth-year receiver Julian Edelman received the start on Sunday against Arizona, but Light doesn't feel as though it's an indictment of Welker.

"They always a game plan there. They've always got guys who are in the mix. When you have as many weapons as they do, it's not hard to imagine that some other guy will play a different role, and things will change from year to year.

"(Welker) will get his touches. You don't take a guy like that off the field and make him a backup by any means. I think it'll work out," Light said. "He's pretty good actually

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

By Mike Rodak | ESPNBoston.com

MAPLEVILLE, R.I. -- Count Matt Light among those who feel Wes Welker's reduced playing time to start this season isn't a big deal.

The former Patriots offensive lineman and current ESPN NFL analyst was asked on Tuesday at his eighth annual celebrity shootout if he has wondered why Welker hasn't been on the field as much through the first two games.

"I don't. You're kind of crazy to think that you're going to go to one guy all the time. Again, it's Week 2. Could he come out and be the guy who has 14 or 15 catches in Week 3? Of course," Light said.

Fourth-year receiver Julian Edelman received the start on Sunday against Arizona, but Light doesn't feel as though it's an indictment of Welker.

"They always a game plan there. They've always got guys who are in the mix. When you have as many weapons as they do, it's not hard to imagine that some other guy will play a different role, and things will change from year to year.

"(Welker) will get his touches. You don't take a guy like that off the field and make him a backup by any means. I think it'll work out," Light said. "He's pretty good actually

[/QUOTE]

Matt Light is still in Patriot mode, and isn't ready to be unbiased yet.  It doesn't surprise me.  Light had a very difficult time defending Brady when Stephen A Smith said Brady tap dances in the pocket better then the late Gregory Hines.  As much as I hate to admit it, I kind of agree with Stephen A Smith on this, but of course Light took the Patriots approach and tried answer without going against the grain.  Light had a hard time doing so, his comments you posted seems to be the same case.

And let me throw this in... I talked to Rodney Harrison is July, man to man, person to person and I asked him, do you think Welker will be with the Patriots next season.  Rodney said with a disgusted tone, "You never know what the Patriots will do".  He knows what happens behind closed doors, I bet this doesn't surprise him one bit.  This whole Edelman/Welker situation is because the organization is mad Welker didn't resign a team friendly contract.  They paid him this year, they will control him and play the control games with him just like they have done in the past with other players.  And yes, at the expense of the team which will cost the team games.  Won;t be the first time they have done this... Matter of fact, from my understanding they tried to screw with Waters pay too and that's why he isn't here playing. 

If the Patriots don't have enough proof already that Edelman isn't the man to replace Welker next season then I don't know what their problem is.  He continues to show he isn't.  Matter of fact, the man for Welkers job next season is Amendola.  Free agent next season and of course Josh has the connection.  I will mention that Amendola better learn to not fumble the ball between now and next season.

It's like putting Slater in as a deep threat option for Moss when the Pats got rid of Moss.  Slater didn't scare the defenses, he wasn't a threat.  Slap one guy on him and shut everything else down.  Thgat's what happened.  Same goes here with Edleman.  He isn't a threat.  Don't you want a guy out on the field that is going to help open up the offense and cause defenses to have to game plan around?  I do!!!  and that person is WW.  Use him as a decoy even, I don't care.  Welker makes defenses worry which opens up the run, the deep ball, the mid field stuff.  Edelman doesn't do that.  Seriously, you guys don't understand this?  It couldn't be more clear!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

TFB, you seem a reasonable guy.  You are awfully frustrated about this.  It's football mate, a game, and it's business the way the Pats always do business, which most of us agree is solid but not perfect.  As much as I want to agree with you that Wes deserves better, I also understand that he is going to be a FA and won't command what he expects, at least in Foxboro.  That and the fact that he may playing in the midst of a change in offensive philosophy potentially makes this a tough time for him to hit FA.  

I think the Pats are doing what they think is best for the team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep Going Man! You are almost blue in the face! doesnt bother me....    but u do know the reason Wes isnt playing as much is more to do w/Edleman and less about Wes who is not the future of this team. Edleman is trying to carve out a future role. Why is this uncomprehendable to you?

[/QUOTE]

Because it is bogus. Edelman doesn't offer this team anything, certainly not anything near what Welker does.  If I remember right, over the past two seasons there has been many threads created saying Edleman was going to get cut and not make the 53 man roster.  It's obvious, he is not that good.  I can see his attitude and willing to play anything could be a reason to be kept on the team but it's not much of a secret that he does not make the offense better at all.  He hampers the offense because defense don't care about him, don't need to double him and he still can't get open or make a play.

BTW, I created the thread, as long as people respond then I will keep it going.  Kind of how threads work.  Get a clue people!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB, you seem a reasonable guy.  You are awfully frustrated about this.  It's football mate, a game, and it's business the way the Pats always do business, which most of us agree is solid but not perfect.  As much as I want to agree with you that Wes deserves better, I also understand that he is going to be a FA and won't command what he expects, at least in Foxboro.  That and the fact that he may playing in the midst of a change in offensive philosophy potentially makes this a tough time for him to hit FA.  

[/QUOTE]

Good and reasonable post.  But here is the thing.  They paid Welker 9 million bucks because he gives this team the best chance to win.  But something has changed since then.  It';s time to put the control issues away and play him, use him until his legs fall off and his body gives out.  He gives this team the best opportunity to win games, certainly Edelman does not.  Why are they not doing what gives this team the best chance to win?  If they want to let Welker go next season, whatever, I'm worried about this season!  We will worry about next season and possibly be having this same discussion next season, but for now Welker is here this season, use him, let him do what he does best.  It's now or never, TFB isn't going to be playing whole lot longer.  It will be another missed opportunity if they don't win the SB this season.  Time is short, win games, put the players on the field who will help win games.  Sorry, Edelman isn't one of those players.

How can Edleman playing over Welker be best for the team?  Edelman offers nothing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

TFB don't worry.  Time will prove you right and all these Edelman backers wrong.  Reality is Edelman is just not that good and over the course of this year that will become very clear.  The guy has caught a whopping 7 passes the last TWO years but he looks good in practice.  Makes me laugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

While I certainly agree that WW is better than Edelman, these conspiracy theories are just plain ridiculous.

I think the media has everyone over thinking this BIGTIME. Anyone who thinks BB would keep WW out of the game just to teach him some sort of lesson is on crack. I just don't buy that BB would risk losing games over contract BS.

Why is he not getting more reps? I don't know the answer....but I also don't know why Woodhead got the call on a couple 3rd down calls over Ridley. Sunday just didn't make a lot of sense over all.

Welker will be a factor....just because he isn't Brady's binky right now, isn't cause to freak out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB don't worry.  Time will prove you right and all these Edelman backers wrong.  Reality is Edelman is just not that good and over the course of this year that will become very clear.  The guy has caught a whopping 7 passes the last TWO years but he looks good in practice.  Makes me laugh.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know!  LOL!  Hopefully the loss and all the specualtion will be a wake up call and they can get the problems on the offense side of the ball ironed out.  Having AH81 gone is going to hurt, need to make some good adjustments and get on track.  Heck, I don't care if they don't hit their stride until the playoffs, seems to have worked for the Giants.  Lets just make sure they make it there! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I certainly agree that WW is better than Edelman, these conspiracy theories are just plain ridiculous.

I think the media has everyone over thinking this BIGTIME. Anyone who thinks BB would keep WW out of the game just to teach him some sort of lesson is on crack. I just don't buy that BB would risk losing games over contract BS.

Why is he not getting more reps? I don't know the answer....but I also don't know why Woodhead got the call on a couple 3rd down calls over Ridley. Sunday just didn't make a lot of sense over all.

Welker will be a factor....just because he isn't Brady's binky right now, isn't cause to freak out.

[/QUOTE]

Good points and I agree on the Woodhead comment.  They are certainly doing some strange things here.  Like I said, I don't care if Welker gets a ton of passes or not, just being on the field opens things up for the offense.  Edelman doesn't have that same impact.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

TFB, I remember when WW was benched at the start or the Jest Playoff game and we lost that game because he never got into the rythm of the game. 

When I saw the comments he made about Brady's nose last week I was thinking here we go again, WW will be benched for the start of game 2.  I don't remember exactly what he said but it was about TB's nose and how he looked better.  He needs to learn where and when it's OK to make jokes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB, I remember when WW was benched at the start or the Jest Playoff game and we lost that game because he never got into the rythm of the game. 

When I saw the comments he made about Brady's nose last week I was thinking here we go again, WW will be benched for the start of game 2.  I don't remember exactly what he said but it was about TB's nose and how he looked better.  He needs to learn where and when it's OK to make jokes.

[/QUOTE]

Dang, you may be on to something here.  Well done, I like it!!! LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Great article by Gasper posted on the Globe now on the Wes Welker situation. He breaks down all the reasons why it make no sense to have Welker sit on the bench, and calls out BB for his smoke and mirrors act on Wes. You can read for free with trial Globe subsription. It is  worth the read.

Tomhab and TFB12- All Wes said about TB's nose injury was that Brady looked good for a metrosexual with  bloody nose. That's hardly a punishable offense. The guy has a sense of humor and a personality- while still falling on the sword of the Patriot Way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tomhab and TFB12- All Wes said about TB's nose injury was that Brady looked good for a metrosexual with  bloody nose. That's hardly a punishable offense. The guy has a sense of humor and a personality- while still falling on the sword of the Patriot Way.

[/QUOTE]

My post has sarcism written all over it and I'm pretty sure Tomhab was making a small joke too.  Anyways, that's how I took it.  I will check out the Gasper article you mention.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good and reasonable post.  But here is the thing.  They paid Welker 9 million bucks because he gives this team the best chance to win.  But something has changed since then.  It';s time to put the control issues away and play him, use him until his legs fall off and his body gives out.  He gives this team the best opportunity to win games, certainly Edelman does not.  Why are they not doing what gives this team the best chance to win?  If they want to let Welker go next season, whatever, I'm worried about this season!  We will worry about next season and possibly be having this same discussion next season, but for now Welker is here this season, use him, let him do what he does best.  It's now or never, TFB isn't going to be playing whole lot longer.  It will be another missed opportunity if they don't win the SB this season.  Time is short, win games, put the players on the field who will help win games.  Sorry, Edelman isn't one of those players.

How can Edleman playing over Welker be best for the team?  Edelman offers nothing!

[/QUOTE]

What's with the 'use him' stuff. We can't keep trying to throw him the ball play after play. Other defenses are not that stupid. Some of them have the personel to cover him and Brady isn't going to connect with any receiver if he has a 300lb DL sitting on his face.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's with the 'use him' stuff. We can't keep trying to throw him the ball play after play. Other defenses are not that stupid. Some of them have the personel to cover him and Brady isn't going to connect with any receiver if he has a 300lb DL sitting on his face.

[/QUOTE]

My gosh!! There is more then one way to use a player.  Of course use him to throw to him but also you can use him as a decoy!  Make no mistake about it, teams still plan with Welker in mind as a threat,  just having him on the field as a threat opens up other ereas of the field.  Defenses might double up on Welker leaving Gronk or Lloyd or whoever our other TE/WR will be with single coverage.  Also if they double up Wes thats two people drawn away to stop the run.  That's what I mean by use him!!!  btw, I will mention this again... Edelman doesnt draw the type of coverage Welker does, teams really couldn't care any less about Edelman, they will throw one guy on him and not worry about him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My post has sarcism written all over it and I'm pretty sure Tomhab was making a small joke too.  Anyways, that's how I took it.  I will check out the Gasper article you mention.

[/QUOTE]

I was half kidding.  I thought metrosexual remark was funny, not as funny as the "He has Good Feet" stuff, but BB might not thisk it's funny.  Plus i was hoping to streer you away from the Contrct issue, I don't think WW has shown anyone in public how he feel about his contract.