This won't be popular, but a wake-up call was needed...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This won't be popular, but a wake-up call was needed...

Let's face it, our offense as a whole has been pathetic this year. Brady for the most part hasn't been great either. We are 5-2, but have squeaked out a few close ones. We could pretty easily be 2-5. I think this embarrassing loss to the Jets might be what is needed to put the pressure on our offense and force them to improve. We most surely are not going to go into Denver and win a playoff game if we don't improve in a hurry. The good news is that it is only week 8 and there is a lot of time for improvement.  The road to the SB is most surely going through Denver, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Re: This won't be popular, but a wake-up call was needed...

Not sure if I agree.  But we don't want it to be easy.  That makes for a soft team.  And a playoff choker.  ie: DEnver Broncos.   This will make us better down the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Let's face it, our offense as a whole has been pathetic this year. Brady for the most part hasn't been great either. We are 5-2, but have squeaked out a few close ones. We could pretty easily be 2-5. I think this embarrassing loss to the Jets might be what is needed to put the pressure on our offense and force them to improve. We most surely are not going to go into Denver and win a playoff game if we don't improve in a hurry. The good news is that it is only week 8 and there is a lot of time for improvement.  The road to the SB is most surely going through Denver, though.

You're gonna get beat up.

TOP Jets 46 minutes.  Enough said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Brady sucked today and he has been pretty disappointing this season. Part of that can be attributed to the new receivers, but that blame can only be passed so far. Some of his throws lack the accuracy that he has shown in the past.

However, as you mentioned, it is only week 8. I'll take the offense struggling now and (hopefully) performing better towards the end of the season and into the postseason versus dominating now and faltering later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Not 1 of Brady's better games but once again these receivers are having key drops and the timing seems off with the route running. What has happened to the running game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Not 1 of Brady's better games but once again these receivers are having key drops and the timing seems off with the route running. What has happened to the running game?

Josh McDaniels is what has happened to the running game.  Pats receivers might have the most drops in the NFL.  No, it wasn't one of Brady's better games- but he can't control the O Line coverage, the play calls, and the receivers still a work in progress. Sheesh. Too many forced plays to Gronk today. It's great to have him back but he can't be the main target at the cost of losing the open receivers or switching up more play action.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

Not sure if I agree.  But we don't want it to be easy.  That makes for a soft team.  And a playoff choker.  ie: DEnver Broncos.   This will make us better down the road.

Said the same thing 2 weeks ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Drops were not a issue today, Brady has been off with his throws and decisions all year...even Welker can't catch a ball no where near him. I have a hard time thinking Brady has declined this much but that is what I am watching. at least we can watch Payton throw some perfect passes tonight and remember when tb did it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Gronk was targeted 17 times.... I mean really...  Next was Edelman and Dobson with 7 

Gronk only played 2/3 of O snaps...

Why didn't Ridley get more touches??? Only 11?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

This game was lost on the next to last offensive series of the  2nd quarter. They had a 21-10 lead and the  ball at the 50 after a 3 and out. They could have pretty much ended the game on that drive.

Blame who ever Mcdaniels, Brady, the receivers the O-line it doesn't matter they needed to have a killer instinct and bury the Jet's right there but play calling, lack of execution all of the above that is where the game was lost.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Too many forced plays to Gronk today. It's great to have him back but he can't be the main target at the cost of losing the open receivers or switching up more play action.

Agree with this, too many forced throws to Gronk, not enough running in general.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

Also what was last weeks game. P S that also was a wake up call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Denver's D sucks, so I'll just wait until January when get healthy and get everyone on the same page.

There is a lot of time for Brady to get his head out of his rectum, but my concern, with Gronk back, Brady's poor habits are still there, which is what my premise has been the whole time.

He may never win a SB again because of his poor fundamentals through 4 qtrs.   This was just like the Cincy game. The only difference was the Jets whined all week about us getting calls and Goodell made a call into Jerome Boger and Co.

I am sorry, but you cannot go on the road with a team like Jets who play that game like it's their own personal SB, throw a pick 6 give momentum over and then have the refs seek out chances to make sure the Jets keep momentum like that.  

Admit it, in this league you cannot go on the road and give teams momentum over large swats of the game like that.

Ever notice, that's always the offense that starts this stuff? Balt last year, Seattle. In 2011, it was @ Buffalo, vs the Steelers, Giants, Cowboys, etc.

This year's Saints game was the Cowboys games of 2011 when Brady had to lead the team down at the end.

We throw games away on offense because Brady wants to throw. I liked how they attacked them in the first qtr, but they got away from running the ball in the second half. Did the same thing in Cincy.

I want to know why. Is it because Gronk is back and Brady is giddy to to throw to him again?

It's a matter more so of consisntency and health than quality for today's loss, outside of the obvious bagjob today.

Sorry, dude. But they look great one week with a balanced offense, the bad the next without it.

Balance.

When you're throwing a pick 6, going 3 and out over and over and over and over like that, it puts your D in an awful spot, Jets or no Jets.

Funny, no concern about our D after losing Mayo? I saw a lb corps today that was slow, exploited by the jets. i was waiting until this game to see how they would play and its apparent to me the loss of mayo is huge, bigger than Vince. 

Yes, Brady needs to pull his head out and the offense needs to get much better if we are going to the playioffs. But an offense that can't convert on 3rd down and a defense that can't get off the field on 3rd downs is a recipe for disaster. Both squads need to play much better. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

So now that I had time to digest this loss 4 hours later, All I can remember when Brady had Gronk wide open running up the sidelines in the 4 quarter and I don't know weather Gronk lost the ball in the sun, but the throw was over his head that would have been 7 Instead kicked a FG. I believe it cut the lead to 27-24. Then the last 210 of the game the pats are driving Gronk splits the seams over the middle and Tom over throws him. Gronk almost one hands it could not have held on. A little more touch he's running at a minimum at first and goal. They settle for the game  tying FG 27-27. The call probably is the correct call on jones but I don't like the rule. TB yelled at Dobson to catch the FN ball but this was not one of his best days. He will be fine. I know he had the pick 6 but those two throws to Gronk bug me. If he hits on one of those , this call that is right or wrong nobody talks about. Oh well let the second guessing begin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Collie not used....Tompkins barely used...play calling questionable... Especially on sequences where Brady was continuously harassed... They didn't run ball enough!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Gronk was targeted 17 times.... I mean really...  Next was Edelman and Dobson with 7 

Gronk only played 2/3 of O snaps...

Why didn't Ridley get more touches??? Only 11?

Saw it all game & was like...STOP throwing to GRONK!!!  And Why wasn't the rookies & Collie more involved in the passing game!  AND right there with you about the running game!  As much as a lot of people don't like Harvet Wallbanger's "Brady is the reason" posts & re-post...I am seeing what he has been saying about the shotgun spread and lack of staying with the ground game!

Does TB & J McD have alztimers or short term memory loss?  Thought 2-3 games ago TB raved how our running game sets up the play-action pass...so WHERE has the running game gone?

I BLAME the loss on BOTH Tom Brady & Josh McDaniels! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

So now that I had time to digest this loss 4 hours later, All I can remember when Brady had Gronk wide open running up the sidelines in the 4 quarter and I don't know weather Gronk lost the ball in the sun, but the throw was over his head that would have been 7 Instead kicked a FG. I believe it cut the lead to 27-24. Then the last 210 of the game the pats are driving Gronk splits the seams over the middle and Tom over throws him. Gronk almost one hands it could not have held on. A little more touch he's running at a minimum at first and goal. They settle for the game  tying FG 27-27. The call probably is the correct call on jones but I don't like the rule. TB yelled at Dobson to catch the FN ball but this was not one of his best days. He will be fine. I know he had the pick 6 but those two throws to Gronk bug me. If he hits on one of those , this call that is right or wrong nobody talks about. Oh well let the second guessing begin.

Gronk could've should've caught the sun ball- I think the throw was accurate. Gronk was off on the catch. And the other Gronk miss- not sure why he went for the one handed grab no defender even close. Timing is an issue.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Denver's D sucks, so I'll just wait until January when get healthy and get everyone on the same page.

There is a lot of time for Brady to get his head out of his rectum, but my concern, with Gronk back, Brady's poor habits are still there, which is what my premise has been the whole time.

He may never win a SB again because of his poor fundamentals through 4 qtrs.   This was just like the Cincy game. The only difference was the Jets whined all week about us getting calls and Goodell made a call into Jerome Boger and Co.

I am sorry, but you cannot go on the road with a team like Jets who play that game like it's their own personal SB, throw a pick 6 give momentum over and then have the refs seek out chances to make sure the Jets keep momentum like that.  

Admit it, in this league you cannot go on the road and give teams momentum over large swats of the game like that.

Ever notice, that's always the offense that starts this stuff? Balt last year, Seattle. In 2011, it was @ Buffalo, vs the Steelers, Giants, Cowboys, etc.

This year's Saints game was the Cowboys games of 2011 when Brady had to lead the team down at the end.

We throw games away on offense because Brady wants to throw. I liked how they attacked them in the first qtr, but they got away from running the ball in the second half. Did the same thing in Cincy.

I want to know why. Is it because Gronk is back and Brady is giddy to to throw to him again?

It's a matter more so of consisntency and health than quality for today's loss, outside of the obvious bagjob today.

Sorry, dude. But they look great one week with a balanced offense, the bad the next without it.

Balance.

When you're throwing a pick 6, going 3 and out over and over and over and over like that, it puts your D in an awful spot, Jets or no Jets.

Funny, no concern about our D after losing Mayo? I saw a lb corps today that was slow, exploited by the jets. i was waiting until this game to see how they would play and its apparent to me the loss of mayo is huge, bigger than Vince. 

Yes, Brady needs to pull his head out and the offense needs to get much better if we are going to the playioffs. But an offense that can't convert on 3rd down and a defense that can't get off the field on 3rd downs is a recipe for disaster. Both squads need to play much better. 

You are correct.  Our LB's looked horrible.  Spikes and Hightower couldn't beat old ladies with walkers .

And I might add the following:

What happened to Arrington?  Cole is just plain horrible.  He sucks more then my kirby.

How many 3rd and longs did this defense give up.  Our D sux, no depth. 

O line should be ashamed

Brady cant throw the long ball with precision anymore

Brady has no confidence with these 2nd and 3rd string wr's.  How can you expect to make a super bowl run with these jokes. 

The play calling was a joke too.

This team has to bring in some receivers and LB's and d line. Worst Patriots team I have seen in Bellichick era.  Maybe he is getting old too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

WOW...How many points did the Defence allow as well as earned of the Offense today? Outside of OT and Brady's Pick-6, they allowed 20 pts.  Take away the Defense's Pick-6 & the Offense lost the game!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

The Jets awesome D line hit Brady all day long.  During that 17-0 run not only did the Jets rookie QB dominate the Pats weak D, but the Jets brilliant D baited Brady into a pick six.  The Jets forced that turnover.  With those strip sacks, the Pats were very very lucky to not have turned the ball over a couple of other times.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Balance.

You are correct.  Our LB's looked horrible.  Spikes and Hightower couldn't beat old ladies with walkers .

And I might add the following:

What happened to Arrington?  Cole is just plain horrible.  He sucks more then my kirby.

How many 3rd and longs did this defense give up.  Our D sux, no depth. 

O line should be ashamed

Brady cant throw the long ball with precision anymore

Brady has no confidence with these 2nd and 3rd string wr's.  How can you expect to make a super bowl run with these jokes. 

The play calling was a joke too.

This team has to bring in some receivers and LB's and d line. Worst Patriots team I have seen in Bellichick era.  Maybe he is getting old too.

Hightower looked just plain awful in coverage.  Jets TE dominated him.  And Cumberland dropped a few too.  Pats were very very lucky today.  It should have been at least 10-14 more points and Jets should have won in regulation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

WOW...How many points did the Defence allow as well as earned of the Offense today? Outside of OT and Brady's Pick-6, they allowed 20 pts.  Take away the Defense's Pick-6 & the Offense lost the game!

I said it was on both. Did you see the TOP? the jets TOP was nearly double ours. A direct result of the offense being able to convert 3rd down, and the defense not getting off the field on 3rd down. They were both horrendous

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

I said it was on both. Did you see the TOP? the jets TOP was nearly double ours. A direct result of the offense being able to convert 3rd down, and the defense not getting off the field on 3rd down. They were both horrendous

Yup.  Truth

Thank you BB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

The running game? Jets rushed 52 times. The Patriots? 20

Blount got ONE touch. The WR's are having a lot of drops but, just as equally, Brady is overthrowing the ball. A lot. I don't know if there's a stat to find about this but, he seems to do this at least 5 times a game now. Why not utilize Hoomanawahui? Where was he? Where was Leon Washington? Sometimes using a RB that was once on an opposing team can inspire them. Unless he's unable to play, he was not even seen today. In fact, I don't think  I've seen him all year. Thompkins, after making a game winning catch last week is now forgotten. Josh Boyce? Why not give this guy a chance? Again though, why are we not using Blount? He has LB size and is freakishly fast for his size. Oh, that's right, he's returning kickoffs. Blount should have had at least 10 carries today. Would it kill McDaniels to give him 10? How about Bolden? 8 carries today? Really? 

Ivory rushed for 104 yards today and averaged 3.1 YPC. Bolden and Ridley were averaging 4.5 YPC. But they got the ball a total of 19 times. Yet McDaniels wants to pass to Gronk. TOP would have helped our depleted defense by utilizing our running game. The Jets wore them down. McDaniels is oblivious to the fact the the defense needed some oxygen. Instead he has this maddening insistance that Brady throw to Gronk. 

BTW, those that complain about our WR's being rookies? I have 2 words to counter that now weak argument:

Geno Smith. 

Sections
Shortcuts