This would be awesome! From NFL.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

This would be awesome! From NFL.com

OLB
    USC
    The rise of Matthews, from walk-on to special-teams ace to starter, makes him one of the more intriguing prospects in the draft. Bill Belichick would love Matthews' versatility and upside.
    Second round: No. 34, James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State; No. 47, Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut; No. 58, Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State

Getting 2 LBs and butler. No way - but fun to look at.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: This would be awesome! From NFL.com

It's a nice draft. i don't believe though that Butler will be available that late. 34 is probably the latest to be available. Reiss seems to think he'll go in the teens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

23. Patriots Clay Matthews OLB USC Clay Matthews The rise of Matthews, from walk-on to special-teams ace to starter, makes him one of the more intriguing prospects in the draft. Bill Belichick would love Matthews' versatility and upside. Second round: No. 34, James Laurinaitis , LB, Ohio State; No. 47, Darius Butler , CB, Connecticut; No. 58, Jarron Gilbert , DE, San Jose State Getting 2 LBs and butler. No way - but fun to look at.
    Posted by thehub

#47 Darius Butler. He will be gone no later than #23 Guaranteed. Maybee the overated Mathews at #34

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In my current mock:
    23- Rey Maualuga, ILB
    34- Darrius Butler, DB
    47- Connor Barwin, OLB
    58- Jarron Gilbert, DE
    89- Cornelius Ingram, TE
    97- Antoine Caldwell, G/C

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]In my current mock: 23- Rey Maualuga, ILB 34- Darrius Butler, DB 47- Connor Barwin, OLB 58- Jarron Gilbert, DE 89- Cornelius Ingram, TE 97- Antoine Caldwell, G/C
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Kyle

I like this one better. It's good to dream.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I really think if Pettigrew  falls to 23 that might not be all that bad. Watson's speed is as good as the majority of the WRs that would be available then. I'm not necesssarily sure Galloway or Lewis is the best option at WR#2, or Aikens . From  a matchup standpoint does Watson provide some problems for small CBs?

we all know BB loves TEs ..... and the best rated guy at a position.

a decent LB  CB will be there at 34 ,

Also I'd love to see Duke Robinson OG available for one of the later 2nd round picks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I saw this mock, and I felt strangely conflicted about it. On the one hand, I love the Butler and Gilbert picks, but I just don't understand getting both Matthews and Laurainitis; they both seem better suited to a 43, and even though I'd be okay with the addition of one of them, both would be disappointing. I feel that they're very similar players, in many ways, which makes for redundant picks. Why not OL, or a bonafide pass rush (Matthews is okay, but not great), or even a trade into next year? I'd be perfectly happy with three of those players plus a trade or an OL pick, but all four annoys me.

Man, I'm gonna be so dissapointed draft day . . . *grin*

Sections
Shortcuts