This years Edelman or Tate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: This years Edelman or Tate?

OK here's my surprise pick for a late round choice Seyo Ajiritutu WR Fresno State.
    He's a 6'3" 210 lbs WR who at times looked unstoppable. He's a gifted athelete!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Didn't he sign another Wrestler this past year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One thing I'm sure of from this draft is that the Buffalo Bills will draft an OT with their first pick as the Butler just retired from football.That will help all the mock drafters out there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Didn't he sign another Wrestler this past year?"

Jermail Porter.  I just looked him up and apparently KC signed him to their practice squad in December.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'm sure BB will find a couple diamonds in the rough.

Actually Tate had a more prominent college career, no one wanted to ganble on him becasure of the injury. edelman though was under the radar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Instead of a converted wrestler, how about a NZ or South African rugby player this year?  A guy who can punt, then run down field and make the tackle as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Instead of a converted wrestler, how about a NZ or South African rugby player this year?  A guy who can punt, then run down field and make the tackle as well."

Or we can let Vince go and recruit the best Sumo wrestler from Japan to play the nose 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to This years Edelman or Tate?:
    Every year it seems that BB has a project or two that he takes in the draft. If it is an offensive lineman that never played a down of football (Neal) or a college quarterback converted to WR. Even a guy like Tate that was injured but the hope is that he will be able to make an impact this year. After round 4 it all seems like crap shoot and it seems that BB takes more chances on the late rounds than most to get guys that have a higher ceiling but are more likely to be a complete bust. I am in no way a college football expert but I was wondering if anyone had any insight...
    Posted by Jason4444444

I think BB this year will take Jared Veldheer OT (hillsdale) he is a beast in size and speed (Height: 6-8   Weight: 315 40: 4.82) He should be a third round pick at the earliest (projected 3-5th round) but I wouldn't mind if BB took him with our last 2nd round pick.  I think he could be the next vollmer. Unless we can get an early 3rd round pick for Thomas.  Imagine a pair of OT like vollmer they could be the bookends of our Offensive line. While he needs work on his footwork and would need to adjust to the speed of the NFL i think he and vollmer could help anchor our line for the next 5-10 years.

Overview
    Jared Veldheer is recognized as on the best linemen in Division II - named 1st Team AFCA All-American, 1st Team AP Little All-American and Gene Upshaw finalist. Great student (3.0 GPA Bio) and recognized team leader in the weight room and on the field - his efforts led to Hillsdale's first-ever play-off appearance and first play-off win in 2009. Declined Valero Cactus Bowl invitation to play in Texas vs. The Nation bowl game where he wowed scouts during the week and whom some called 'the best offensive lineman there.'

Strengths

Dominating size and athletic ability at left tackle. 10.125 inch hands and huge frame reminiscent of Jonathan Ogden. Plays to the whistle. Good footwork and blocking mechanics allow him to get to the defender quickly. Frame will allow him to get even bigger. Self-report of 4.87 and 4.94 40 times (summer, '09). Demonstrates good flexibility for such a large body.

Weaknesses

Upright pass-blocker who will need to improve as he faces elite competition. Has been able to dominate on strength alone in D-2; may need some time to adjust to next-level defender's speed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

If we take him early--late in the second--it will be because we have no more picks till late 4th round.