Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer

This is what I mean when the refs should just let them play!!!!
    What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!!

I get why the called the personal foul, but a fine?  That is ridiculous. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I wonder how much he'll get after Sunday, BTW how about Wilfork, if he didn't get anything I would say that was a bogus call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

No word on a Wilfork fine. I heard somewhere that the league reviewed that flag and realize it was a bad call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The Wilfork call was disgraceful. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree in most cases that the refs should let them play however when it comes to the QB this is a QB league and they need to protect the QB. I agree they league is becomign soft but i wouldnt want someone to slam Brady to the ground.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If you're going to be fined for giving the QB a dirty look, you might as well smash his head like a pumpkin and get your money's worth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

The good thing is that 5 grand to these players wallets is not a lot. Reading what Thomas said....I don't think it's gonna change his game play at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Thomas said it best in the article today.  If the refs are going to penalize plays like that, they have to have a much quicker whistle.  QB's can't have it both ways.  They can't be allowed to break tackles and make big plays and also get roughing calls when they're actually brought down.  They used Roethlisberger as a prime example.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!!:
    Thomas said it best in the article today.  If the refs are going to penalize plays like that, they have to have a much quicker whistle.  QB's can't have it both ways.  They can't be allowed to break tackles and make big plays and also get roughing calls when they're actually brought down.  They used Roethlisberger as a prime example.
    Posted by siestafiesta

I agree with AD on this, especially after BB said that they learned the hard way in the SB by letting Manning escape the grasp. All that being said...Thomas cannot hurl the QB to the ground. Mid-sack I screamed "Let him go" at the TV, because I knew it was coming. If it were Brady, we'd be flipping out.

Wilfork call was definitely BS, but AD knows better than to launch the QB at the ground. Hence, fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Too many chicks working in HR and community relations for the NFL. If they legislate hard hits out of the game I;ll never watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I can remember having this discussion when they past the Brady rule.  I said that it was bad for the NFL, and now we see why.  Don't be surprised to see other teams making hits on QB's and not getting fined or called.  These rules are stupid and don't protect the QB at all.  If some team is going to hit the QB, their going to hit him no matter what.  I would watch this game carefully as Rex Ryan will look to play "buddy ball" and bring the house against Brady.  Let's see if the Jets get the same treatment as the Patriots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!! : I agree with AD on this, especially after BB said that they learned the hard way in the SB by letting Manning escape the grasp. All that being said...Thomas cannot hurl the QB to the ground. Mid-sack I screamed "Let him go" at the TV, because I knew it was coming. If it were Brady, we'd be flipping out. Wilfork call was definitely BS, but AD knows better than to launch the QB at the ground. Hence, fine.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

It looked to me as if the only way he could bring Edwards down was to do what he did.  He did not seem to have the leverage to do so otherwise.  If you have a guy wrapped up like that, how else do you bring him down?  The ref should have blown the whistle and stopped the play. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

In Response to Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!! : It looked to me as if the only way he could bring Edwards down was to do what he did.  He did not seem to have the leverage to do so otherwise.  If you have a guy wrapped up like that, how else do you bring him down?  The ref should have blown the whistle and stopped the play. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile

Everyone has good point's however nobody had touched base on Brady and how many times he got slammed to the turf last game where were the calls when that was going on?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

What about the late hit on McNabb in the Panthers game? That was clearly a late hit, because he was already in the endzone layed out on the ground when the defender dived on him, but no ones saying word about that!

What a bunch of pricks working in the NFL office!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

In Response to Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!! : Everyone has good point's however nobody had touched base on Brady and how many times he got slammed to the turf last game where were the calls when that was going on?
    Posted by bosportfan

Good point!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

This is the new NFLP (National Football League for P*ssies)... what do you expect.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

This is the new NFLP (National Football League for P*ssies)... what do you expect.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07

Did anyone see the hit Urlacher put on Aaron Rodgers last Sunday night. No flag, no fine, and it was much more a questionable hit that this was???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Gamer excepted, ofcourse. Brady picks up blitz, Jets lose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Re: Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer

OMFG people stop sounding like idiots !!!

You can't legally get a roughing the passer call for a late hit. It owuld be a perosnal foul late hit.   Thomas was called for roughing the passer which is NOT for hitting the QB late.  They penalized him strictly for taking down the QB and frankly that was BS cause he did not 'piledrive any QB.

I'm getting completely tired of peopel posting in these Thoams threads that he didn't deserve a penalty because it wasn't a late hit.... that had nothign to do with it. While I don't agree iwth the penalty he got.. at least LEARN what the penalty was for before complaining on here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No word on a Wilfork fine. I heard somewhere that the league reviewed that flag and realize it was a bad call.
    Posted by DYBLITZ

Does that mean the league owes Wilfork $5k for the bogus call and he gets credit for the sack and the pats get that play over?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Are we really worried about the fine? Remember when BB said they backed the Brinks truck up to AD's house? $5k is nothing to him.

Are we worried about inconsistent application of the rules? That makes it like the baseball strike zone, which I'm not thrilled about, but can understand. Different crews may call it slightly differently.

Are you going to stop watching this new pansified product? Go ahead if you must. There will still be plenty of huge hits, but players essentially have a "QB strike zone" between the shoulder pads and the mid-thigh (technically the knee, but Vince showed us they need to be a bit conservative on that). There's still plenty of violence in the game.

Are we worried about referee bias against the Pats? Ask fans of other teams (in fact look on ESPNboston.com now--fans of other teams think the Pats get the benefit of the doubt way too much). If this were true, why don't the Pats get more holding calls? That would be the easiest way to stick it to the Pats because it occurs on every play in the NFL!

Only losers and gamblers whine about officiating.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer:
    Are we really worried about the fine? Remember when BB said they backed the Brinks truck up to AD's house? $5k is nothing to him. Are we worried about inconsistent application of the rules? That makes it like the baseball strike zone, which I'm not thrilled about, but can understand. Different crews may call it slightly differently. Are you going to stop watching this new pansified product? Go ahead if you must. There will still be plenty of huge hits, but players essentially have a "QB strike zone" between the shoulder pads and the mid-thigh (technically the knee, but Vince showed us they need to be a bit conservative on that). There's still plenty of violence in the game. Are we worried about referee bias against the Pats? Ask fans of other teams (in fact look on ESPNboston.com now--fans of other teams think the Pats get the benefit of the doubt way too much). If this were true, why don't the Pats get more holding calls? That would be the easiest way to stick it to the Pats because it occurs on every play in the NFL! Only losers and gamblers whine about officiating.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

Good points that I appreciate since you set me straight but it wont stop me from whinning about the    sh   it    officiating in the league called the NFL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

NFL referees were ruined by instant replay.

Sections
Shortcuts