Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

Re: Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer

This is getting ridiculous! Pretty soon the QBs will have red no contact jerseys on during the games. I'm all for players safety but i think they are getting a little out of control with the rules. The game is losing its edge!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Bad call & then another bad call. Goodell must go. The next time he shows his face in The Razor people need to tell him what's up. A child could do his job better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer:
    [QUOTE]OMFG people stop sounding like idiots !!! You can't legally get a roughing the passer call for a late hit. It owuld be a perosnal foul late hit.   Thomas was called for roughing the passer which is NOT for hitting the QB late.  They penalized him strictly for taking down the QB and frankly that was BS cause he did not 'piledrive any QB. I'm getting completely tired of peopel posting in these Thoams threads that he didn't deserve a penalty because it wasn't a late hit.... that had nothign to do with it. While I don't agree iwth the penalty he got.. at least LEARN what the penalty was for before complaining on here.
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]

I will complain, speak my mind, and say whatever I want on here because this is a free country, and if you don't like it, then perhaps you should not be wasting your time on this Patriots forum, since you are so tired of whats being said on here!

Sure Thomas was fined for roughing the passer, but my point was that in the Eagles game, McNabb was already tackled on the ground by a defender in the endzone, when another defender lounged on him after the play was over. I know it was a late hit, but it was still a bad hit on the QB. I'm not stupid, so get over yourself. That clearly should have been a fine for that Panthers defender by the NFL office, especially if they are going to hand out a nonsense fine like this on Thomas.

Late hit, roughing the passer, personal foul, I don't care, it's still a hit on the QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

[QUOTE] Late hit, roughing the passer, personal foul, I don't care, it's still a hit on the QB.
    Posted by PatsTxGrl[/QUOTE]

And that's the problem.... you're talking about different penalties and callling them the same thing which makes you WRONG.  Just because they involve the QB does not make the penalties all the same thing.  If Randy Moss pushes off and gets offensive pass interference it's a little different then if he walks up to someone on the sidelines and punches them in the face and get a personal foul.

People 'should' feel kinda dumb when they realize they're complaining about a penalty that was not even called... that is if they have any humility or shame ?

PS, I wasn't even referring to YOUR post when I posted. If you actually read MY post then you'd note I specifically was talking about Thomas not any play with Mcnabb.  Your ignorance is really shining through .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas fined $5,000 for roughing the passer : And that's the problem.... you're talking about different penalties and callling them the same thing which makes you WRONG.  Just because they involve the QB does not make the penalties all the same thing.  If Randy Moss pushes off and gets offensive pass interference it's a little different then if he walks up to someone on the sidelines and punches them in the face and get a personal foul. People 'should' feel kinda dumb when they realize they're complaining about a penalty that was not even called... that is if they have any humility or shame ? PS, I wasn't even referring to YOUR post when I posted. If you actually read MY post then you'd note I specifically was talking about Thomas not any play with Mcnabb.  Your ignorance is really shining through .
    Posted by Stupideeediot[/QUOTE]

Then be specific next time about whom you're calling idiots. Call them out if that's what irks you, but when you just refer to everyone as idiotic, then you can expect some vitriol in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!!

In Response to Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!!:
    [QUOTE]What a bunch of pricks working in the NFL office!
    Posted by PatsTxGrl[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly.

The Brady Rule is designed to take away sacks from Patriots pass rushers, BS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!!

In Response to Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOMAS FINE $5000.00 FOR ROUGHING PASSER!!!! : My sentiments exactly. The Brady Rule is designed to take away sacks from Patriots pass rushers, BS!
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

And another exmaple of what I was talking about. 

Neither Thomas nor Wilfork were examples of 'the Brady Rule'.

Sections
Shortcuts