Thomas Jones to be released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Thomas Jones to be released

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/27/source-thomas-jones-will-not-restructure-expected-to-get-cut/

should pats pick him up, and shed the old vets and maroney?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Re: Thomas Jones to be released

I say sign him for 1 season then draft mark ingram with the raiders 1st round pick next year 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I am usually against these 'vet' signings, but I think he could help this team. The biggest reason is that he doesn't get injured. Currently, Ne has three starting backs that tend to get injured.

Jones can run as well. And he doesn't have the mileage on him that some other 30 year old RBs have, so he has at least one season left of running IMO.

I still think another team nabs him though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If they can get him I say go for it but don't look at him as a savior just a younger less injury prone Taylor

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

He has been a consistant 1000 yard rusher, which may be OK in normal terms, but we havent had one for like a zillion years. Sign him and release Morris. BJGE can be our FB and am sure given the right circumstances, TJ can be another 1000-1300 yard rusher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Thomas Jones is a yes, he runs well and hard. He never seems to give up on a play and never complains. He didn't make a peep all year even though he knew the Jets were planning to let him go and retain Leon Washington, even after the Jets started going to Shonne Greene more as the season progressed he still kept his mouth shut.

That's the kind of veteran "leadership" I want on this team, not players like Vrabel who can't play anymore. He single handedly ran the Bears into the SB in 06, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't want another over the hill RB,Thomas Jones if he isn't on his last legs is certainly close to it. Morris and Taylor might be able to squeeze one more year out so save the bullets for a more important piece.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I say pick him up............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas Jones to be released:
    I am usually against these 'vet' signings, but I think he could help this team. The biggest reason is that he doesn't get injured. Currently, Ne has three starting backs that tend to get injured. Jones can run as well. And he doesn't have the mileage on him that some other 30 year old RBs have, so he has at least one season left of running IMO. I still think another team nabs him though.
    Posted by zbellino

He has about 300 fewer touches than Corey Dillon had in his career, which is fewer than he had this season so he does have some mileage.  His running style is different, but he's taken a lot of hits.  Has about 200 fewer career touches than Fred Taylor. 

Willis McGahee has about 1,000 fewer touches than Jones and might be cheaper, assuming he's available. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

You don't pick up Owens because he is a well known cancer and headcase (and you don't build a team based on possible fantasy numbers, especially after last year). But TJ may be the veteran back that actually will stay healthy. I'd be fine with a combo of Jones and Maroney, so you could save some $$$ without Taylor and Morris (they just aren't likely to stay healthy for a full 16).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I wouldn't mind picking up T Jones.  Like what was already mentioned, he is a hard and tough runner.  Could be a nice pick up in our throwing offense.  I'm not sure though they (the Pats) take a chance on him.  I don't think they do , but trying to figure out the Pats is nearly impossible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Would Thomas Jones want to come to NE where he would be part of a "running back by committee"?  I would doubt that....  Yes, the Patriots would have to release 1 or 2 RB's prior to his signing, but I think he wants to be the "man".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: T.O. to be released!!!

In Response to T.O. to be released!!!:
    and owens!
    Posted by thereheis

you're joling right, this guy is a nut job

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I think Thomas Jones would be a GREAT pickup for NE.  I would have to believe he gets most the carries and could easily pick up 1,000 yards rushing.  He is exactly the type of bruising back we need.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas Jones to be released:
    Would Thomas Jones want to come to NE where he would be part of a "running back by committee"? Posted by Rocky

If Jones ended up here i think running back by commitee would be over

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Thomas Jones would be a solid pickup.  But I would keep Morris over Maroney.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Re: T.O. to be released!!!

In Response to T.O. to be released!!!:
    [QUOTE]why not pick up both jones and owens!
    Posted by thereheis[/QUOTe]

Would never happen, the Pats need to pickup someone to put on IR.  Hopefully Patten will be the guy.