Thomas Jones?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Thomas Jones?

The New York Jets will release running back Thomas Jones this week, allowing the leader of the NFL's top-ranked rushing offense to become a free agent.
    The 31-year-old Jones is coming off a season in which he set career highs with 1,402 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns while helping the Jets reach the AFC championship game.

at 31 he is still better than 75% of the leagues RB's and could definitely help clue in BB a little on the Jets offense. i dunno, should the Pats try to sign him or draft a RB?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Thomas Jones?

Cost cost cost.  If paid like a top 5 back no thank you.  If paid like a 31 year old middle of the league back then Yes.  Pats do need a RB upgrade, but probably need to draft one due to the age of current backs.  OL is more the problem in my mind then the actual backs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz22. Show tedyaz22's posts

Why do think he ran so well? because the Jets have a great offensive line,100 times better than the girls that play in New England....dufuss post!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Houston, San Diego, Seattle, all kinds of teams looking for running backs. Too many teams needing RB's will drive up the asking price. NE will stick with who they have or will address their need through the draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

i like jones. he has been a work horse every year for the J-E-T-S. think he would be a good addition, considering this past season they weren't able to run the ball that efficently. sproles would be a nice fit too, but he really didn't impress me as a hard nose north to south runner that the pats have lacked since dillon retired. so jones would definitly fill that need where sproles would fill the role if and when faulk has left or retired.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Ou problem isn't our running backs.  The problem is the OL.  Draft some huge linemen like Vollmer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas Jones?:
    Ou problem isn't our running backs.  The problem is the OL.  Draft some huge linemen like Vollmer.
    Posted by FLACFAN

I agree with this... Just like Tuna says, you get big nasty O-Linemen and you get holes for people to run through! Pats O-line has been highly over-rated and the running game has proved  it. Sea Bass is an INSTANT and superior upgrade to begin with, now just a few more pieces and it could reopen the running game the Patriots really need

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas Jones? : I agree with this... Just like Tuna says, you get big nasty O-Linemen and you get holes for people to run through! Pats O-line has been highly over-rated and the running game has proved  it. Sea Bass is an INSTANT and superior upgrade to begin with, now just a few more pieces and it could reopen the running game the Patriots really need
    Posted by Stompper
      When we had natrone means and we could not get him going and bill looked at game tape and he was was being tackled behind the oline on way to many plays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Veldheer is the answer to our O-line problems (vollmer 2.0, he is faster -4.83 40 time and can move more quickly laterally, same size and build -6'8" 312 lbs, good footwork)he would make a great right tackle and can be had in the 3rd round but i wouldn't mind taking him in the low 2nd to be sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Thomas Jones would be our new Corey Dillon!!  This is the running game which we have not had since Corey's departure.  I like when we win the Super Bowl!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Corey did just fine with this Offensive Line and so would Thomas Jones.  When I need a first down, I WANT a first down and not an incomplete pass!!  Thomas Jones like Corey Dillon picks up first downs.  Keep the chains moving and you win football games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'd like to see them draft Mike Iupati if he's available when the pick at 22. I agree with those of you who feel that they need to shore up the offensive line before drafting or signing any more backs. Iupati shores up a guard position and gives them youth at a key position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by FLACFAN

yeah i think we need new running backs. some that can pound the line and burst out of a hole.

and you're right we need more linemen like Vollmer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats aren't intrested, infact, only two teams are. Jets and Chiefs, Belichick must believe in Maroney more than we think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If belichick believes in anything it is that he can draft a RB this year as there are a few that would help us and plenty of picks currently where they all or some will be available. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

I would love see BB pick up Thomas Jones......Draft a RB with one of our second rounders.....and re-sign Kevin Faulk.

I would like that backfield.

Maroney, Morris, Taylor im not too worried whether we keep them or not.

But youth is important this draft for most of the Offensive side.
    ie; RB, WR, TE

Sections
Shortcuts