Thomas- No apology needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Thomas- No apology needed

I just finished reading the Globe article on Thomas. It made me think back of Bill Parcels and the types of things he would say about creating a winning organization. He would say something like" you have to find out who is in your corner. Who get's it". Parcels guys would show up early to work. They wanted success as much as the coach does maybe more. 

"Motivation is for kindergartners," Thomas said. "I'm not a kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that's like, 'You're expelled until you come back and make good grades.' Get that (bleep) out of here. It's ridiculous. ... I don't know, teaching tool? I don't know. I can't figure out what Bill thinks or knows." 
    "I mean, I could've been in a ditch," he said. "They really don't give a damn. Hey, as long as you aren't in that meeting, they really don't give a (bleep)."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Thomas- No apology needed

I dont get what you are saying? Was he wrong or was he right in your eyes?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know the whole story but it seems to me that the other 50 or so players showed up on time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed:
    [QUOTE]I dont get what you are saying? Was he wrong or was he right in your eyes?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

killa... I think he is happy with what BB did.  This will scare the heck out of all the youngsters looking for the big pay day and will keep them motivated and in BBs corner....

AD will sulk and be benched (see my 4-3 post) for Titus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

it seems to me that if you are late for a meeting, it would be counterproductive to send them home, but that's just me.  fine them, sure.  but how can they help being away from work?  either way, i like it rule itself.  it helps foster a "no excuses" environment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

[QUOTE]I dont get what you are saying? Was he wrong or was he right in your eyes?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]
    I'm not inside that club house but from what I tell, Thomas and Belichick do not share the same goal of championship football. McGinest, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison might have argued with Belichick on occasion but they passionately shared his vision of championship football. These are players who came early and stayed late. They wanted to win as much as their coach did.  For all the big bucks Thomas is being paid he should be a productive leader on this team (on and off the field). He should be the first guy in and the last guy out! Veteran leaders show the young guys how it's done. When you hear about  young players laughing and having fun after the last two game s you've got to ask, where is the veteran leadership?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

Frankly I think its deeper than this and that the team is getting away from BB.  

I could see fining them for being late although there was tremendous traffic due to the weather that day but sending them home seems counterproductive to the teams goals if they are going to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Thomas- No apology needed:
    [QUOTE]I just finished reading the Globe article on Thomas. It made me think back of Bill Parcels and the types of things he would say about creating a winning organization. He would say something like" you have to find out who is in your corner. Who get's it". Parcels guys would show up early to work. They wanted success as much as the coach does maybe more.  "Motivation is for kindergartners," Thomas said. "I'm not a kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that's like, 'You're expelled until you come back and make good grades.' Get that (bleep) out of here. It's ridiculous. ... I don't know, teaching tool? I don't know. I can't figure out what Bill thinks or knows."  "I mean, I could've been in a ditch," he said. "They really don't give a damn. Hey, as long as you aren't in that meeting, they really don't give a (bleep)."
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

It's not surprising that the LBs that can't get to the QB on time also can't get to a meeting on time.  In AD's case everything he does is S-L-O-W.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Thomas- No apology needed:
    [QUOTE]I just finished reading the Globe article on Thomas. It made me think back of Bill Parcels and the types of things he would say about creating a winning organization. He would say something like" you have to find out who is in your corner. Who get's it". Parcels guys would show up early to work. They wanted success as much as the coach does maybe more.  "Motivation is for kindergartners," Thomas said. "I'm not a kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that's like, 'You're expelled until you come back and make good grades.' Get that (bleep) out of here. It's ridiculous. ... I don't know, teaching tool? I don't know. I can't figure out what Bill thinks or knows."  "I mean, I could've been in a ditch," he said. "They really don't give a damn. Hey, as long as you aren't in that meeting, they really don't give a (bleep)."
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

I agree w/ AT on this one. BB is out of line and is now part of the problems and the Patriots' losing ways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]it seems to me that if you are late for a meeting, it would be counterproductive to send them home, but that's just me.  fine them, sure.  but how can they help being away from work?  either way, i like it rule itself.  it helps foster a "no excuses" environment.
    Posted by Mike-J-D[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. If I'm late....it's like...ok...make the time up at the end of the day...let's get to work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

True Bubba...but at the same time, if the boss comes out and says, "we're not getting it done. I need everyone to give an extra effort"...and then on the very next work day, a couple of high paid vets show up late........yeah, I might send them home.

BB did call the team out after the game Sunday from what I've read...he didn't single out Thomas, and he wouldn't even talk to the press about it.....so I gotta say that AT has no one to blame but himself. Be mad....fine...but keep quiet and show it on the field, which he hasn't really done since he's been here. Randy Moss is a captain, has been very productive since coming here.....and he was the big name of the 4 guys....and he wouldn't talk to the press about it. Just my opinion...but I don't think AT will be here next year...and he shouldn't be.

And this coming from someone who's late to work quite a bit....lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : I agree with you. If I'm late....it's like...ok...make the time up at the end of the day...let's get to work.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I'm 39 years old and I've NEVER been even one minute late for work in all that time. It IS possible to accomplish that, but one has to make it a priority. The other guy I work with is always at least a few minutes late, though it really doesn't harm anything. But it does show me that some people have a stronger work ethic than others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]it seems to me that if you are late for a meeting, it would be counterproductive to send them home, but that's just me.  fine them, sure.  but how can they help being away from work?  either way, i like it rule itself.  it helps foster a "no excuses" environment.

You don't help one bit being there if you don't have the right attitude. Send them home once and your problem of late arrivals is done for the rest of the year. Letting them arrive late means instead of 5 being late this time you have 10 next time. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

You must be kidding with this crap about Bill losing his team. Give me a break!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I need details. How late were they? 5-15 minutes with bad weather = reasonable.
    An hour +, not. Which is it Bill?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : I'm 39 years old and I've NEVER been even one minute late for work in all that time. It IS possible to accomplish that, but one has to make it a priority. The other guy I work with is always at least a few minutes late, though it really doesn't harm anything. But it does show me that some people have a stronger work ethic than others.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

sorry, but I know people who show up to work but get nothing done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Call Baltimore and ask them if they would take AD back...do it on speaker phone, with him sitting in the office with his agent, then ship him off to the Raiders for a couple of cheerleaders, and an autographed pic from Al.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

According to Thomas and I suppose that has to be taken with a grain of salt, he was 10 minutes late and called when he realized he would be stuck in traffic.

I think its a valid question as to whether BB is losing his handle on the team they have played well below their level the last two games. The question is whether its isolated to AT. Losing and being embarrassed have a way of bringing out the worst in people. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OKURRIGHT. Show OKURRIGHT's posts

i know this just adds on to the pile of hot mess, but arnt we makin to big a deal of this , i mean all week ova one(that we kno off) meetin . idunno mayb its me , but r we talkin bout practice, not the game but practice, not a game, but practice , srry had to say it , to temptin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : sorry, but I know people who show up to work but get nothing done.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Agreed BB should know better than anyone (this year), you can show up for every meeting and practice and still make bad decisions come game day.

We've run the same exact gameplan every week so far, I'm not sure what one more meeting would have helped anyway. I'm sure players are starting to feel the same.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

When I heard Thomas say what he said this afternoon I was flabbergasted. Its the first time I can remember a player in the BB era getting smart towards him through the media. I don't count Ted Johnson though and he said some real crap about BB but that wasn't while he was on the team if I remember correctly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He should apologize for only having 3 sacks this year. Talk about the biggest letdown in recent history. If he could put some pressure on the QB this defense would play alot better than it has in recent weeks, but he doesn't, and he still wants to run his mouth? Moss-man is in the top 5 in recieving yards and TDs by WRs and he stayed humble. 

GOD! Can we please sign Willy Mac? I would think that even at 35(+) he would still be able to rush the QB better than either Thomas or Burgess could.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

Fine them? Great idea. Fine him say 5,000.00? That'll work.(.07% of his salary).
    So if they do that, then they should pay the guys that do their job an extra .07% of their salary when they show up on time?

Maybe a better solution is to allow 4 different guys show up late every monday?

Its amazing how obtuse some are. If you don't get it, there's no point in trying to explain it to you

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Frankly I think its deeper than this and that the team is getting away from BB.   I could see fining them for being late although there was tremendous traffic due to the weather that day but sending them home seems counterproductive to the teams goals if they are going to play.
    Posted by gridlocked[/QUOTE]

oh yes the team is getting away from BB - 

hmmm...~50 guys show up on time in the midst of a snow storm and the 3 time sb champ QB spends all night at a hospital and still comes to work on time...yes, BB has lost his team...

Give me a bloody break !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

If they do not have the right attitude and are not pissed off about blowing lead after bloody lead, they can stay home and watch the snow through a window!!!

G'bye now !!

Sections
Shortcuts