Thomas- No apology needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Re: Thomas- No apology needed

Ever try to hold a meeting, 1st late guy 2 minutes, next late guy 3 minutes later, next guy 5 minutes later, 2 minutes later 4th guy comes in later.

Now the other meeting attendees have to go over the same sh1T over once again and the meeting co-ordinator has to go over the crap again.......

I think its time to cut ties with AT, the "TEAM" needs to be on the same page.  Not saying he is the only problem, but if he can't take a leadership role, he should at least provide the support for what the leadership is trying to strive for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

I want to know before he gets shipped out of town can we fine him for his big azz mouth in the amount of 25 million? This moron has been a complete bust and  i think his steroids have run dry and now he's nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed:
    In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : oh yes the team is getting away from BB -  hmmm...~50 guys show up on time in the midst of a snow storm and the 3 time sb champ QB spends all night at a hospital and still comes to work on time...yes, BB has lost his team... Give me a bloody break !!!
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

The wipe out in New Orleans and the loss to Miami states pretty clearly there is something wrong. The team has been quitting in the second half on top of that. 
    You don't think there may be some grumbling on the D side after the 4th and 2 call in Indy? 

I don't know what is going on here but I'm not naive enough to believe that all is well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Was AD the one who chose not to kick a field goal on 4th down? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : sorry, but I know people who show up to work but get nothing done.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

How about AT, showing up to work late, AND getting nothing done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Thomas- No apology needed : I agree w/ AT on this one. BB is out of line and is now part of the problems and the Patriots' losing ways.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Wow, you have said some stupid things in the past...but this one takes the cake....

It is obvious that you have no clue as to how to run a business.....

But according to you, it is ok if people slack off when at work.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Was AD the one who chose not to kick a field goal on 4th down? 
    Posted by underdoggg

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in Russia?

I will tell you this, AD was one of the morons that gave up the lead in the second half in 3 games this year.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : How about AT, showing up to work late, AND getting nothing done.
    Posted by zbellino

He might be the only problem but he's been here for a minute and cancer spreads fast. If he is a problem they should send a message and cut him now. His situation is not going to improve.  I have read where they were using him in coverage more than he is capable of and less rushing the passer maybe he has a hair across his butt over that.

Interesting that three of the 'late crew' were linebackers and the other being Moss who hasn't been smiling too much lately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think say what you want but we need "OLD SCHOOL" leadership.  AT has don't nothing in his time in NE, how can he expect to come and go when he wants.  He's happy just to get a paycheck whether it is earned or not (Russell in Oakland is the same).
    I applaud BB for what he did, the QB on this team just had a kid the day before and was there early.  More than good players we need team guys, I see this now as a divided team of those who will follow BB off a clift and those who will not even start the walk.  Get rid of those that won't follow, we all have seen what happens when everyone is doing it his way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : I agree with you. If I'm late....it's like...ok...make the time up at the end of the day...let's get to work.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Bubba
    If you have never been part of a TEAM you won't understand this. BB sending them home was not about putting in the time. They have been putting in the time all year. and the onfield product is not cohesive. BB sending them home was about standing behinbd the man that stands behind the man. catchy phraset that calls for men to put aside their own feelings and thoughts of personal gain for the good of the team.  (spare us all the gay chatter) Can't win a championship without it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Let's hope the big story to tell after sunday is. /MOSS DID"NT SAY SQUAT AND SHOWED UP BIG SUNDAY /or BB TURNS TEAM AROUND.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JC126. Show JC126's posts

For real. Its seems to me that rumors would be out there if this had happened before. I think people got to realize it is what it is .Patriot Nation is crumbling right in front of our eyes, I guess we could thank good old Bill for throwing another can of gas on the blaze.Winter ,cities up by Gillette stadium had 4-8 inches dumped right on time for the morning drive. Wonder if it was Brady and three other players if this would have happened? Keep going on fourth and anything,Mr God,its been going real well for you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]For real. Its seems to me that rumors would be out there if this had happened before. I think people got to realize it is what it is .Patriot Nation is crumbling right in front of our eyes, I guess we could thank good old Bill for throwing another can of gas on the blaze.Winter ,cities up by Gillette stadium had 4-8 inches dumped right on time for the morning drive. Wonder if it was Brady and three other players if this would have happened? Keep going on fourth and anything,Mr God,its been going real well for you.
    Posted by JC126[/QUOTE]

So the reason we've lost is because he's gone for it on 4th downs?  Lets take the Indy game, how long did it take Manning to go 70 yards the drive before the 4th down?  1:23 seconds so you wanted to punt the ball give him 2 minutes to score?  The reason for our losses have been the play of what was supposed to be good players specially the D, yes we have a lot of players with less than 3 years experience but that makes the point even more for veteran players having to step up.
    AT has been a disapointment, this is a team.  I support the decision 100% and believe if it was Brady he would have done the same.  Moss was part of the 4, what has he said?  Hate to say it, how much would it take to get TB away from ESPN?  Until Jr plays he can't take such an active leadership role.  When BC leads in sacks you know you have a problem. More of decisions during the season this has to do of what was not done during the offseason including the draft.

Our draft was solid but we let some good pass rushers go that we could have picked but that can be fixed now.  AT will be inactive if not this week next week but is he going to be missed?  Get a rookie or backup that will play hard to get a starting job next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]For real. Its seems to me that rumors would be out there if this had happened before. I think people got to realize it is what it is .Patriot Nation is crumbling right in front of our eyes, I guess we could thank good old Bill for throwing another can of gas on the blaze.Winter ,cities up by Gillette stadium had 4-8 inches dumped right on time for the morning drive. Wonder if it was Brady and three other players if this would have happened? Keep going on fourth and anything,Mr God,its been going real well for you.
    Posted by JC126[/QUOTE]

There are only 3 Cities that are close to Foxboro....Worchester, Boston and Providence.....You might mean towns.

It doesn't matter how much snow was on the ground...he is getting paid millions to show up on time...he should have left home earlier.  50 other players had to drive through the same snow...but they were on time....Hmmmm....

And if Brady were late, Bill wouldn't have sent him home ....Brady is always the first there and the last to leave....the final product on the filed proves how dedicated he is.....my God, Brady pulled an all nighter (was with his wife who was giving birth) and made it in on time.....

Since you hate our coach, why don't you go and find another team to root for...the Browns are looking for some idiots.....you would fit in nicely.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas- No apology needed : So the reason we've lost is because he's gone for it on 4th downs?  
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

In the Miami game one field goal would have won the game rather than go for it at the 6 yard line right? I mean that one has no defense imo, bad call. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolfer. Show rolfer's posts

Except for Sundays, life in the NFL stinks for most players.  They are treated like children in a backstabbing "business" culture permeated with paranoia and short lifespans.
    Their college days love of the game is sucked out of them by the harsh reality that they are pawns in game in which a few businessmen make the lions share of the money.
    This is the truth behind the marketing gloss that's known as the NFL.  Thomas was simply speaking a truth that most players agree with but would never voice out fear of losing their job and getting blacklisted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Except for Sundays, life in the NFL stinks for most players.  They are treated like children in a backstabbing "business" culture permeated with paranoia and short lifespans. Their college days love of the game is sucked out of them by the harsh reality that they are pawns in game in which a few businessmen make the lions share of the money. This is the truth behind the marketing gloss that's known as the NFL.  Thomas was simply speaking a truth that most players agree with but would never voice out fear of losing their job and getting blacklisted.
    Posted by rolfer[/QUOTE]

You know, I would love to make millions of dollars to stay in shape, get treated like a child, and play the game that I love.....Boo hoo....tell the overgrown moron to $uck-it up and stop crying like a baby.....maybe he can earn his paycheck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Somebody over on the Patfans.com site was mentioning that Thomas and Springs were mocking the whole ordeal; privately apologising to each other.  Springs was reported as having mockingly apoligised to Thomas as he we being asked questions.  Thomas replied by sarcastically apoligising to Springs.  Isn't that special?  How cute?

The problem with this stuff is that it demeans the coach, the team, and the organisation- not to mention the NFL.  It's childish and disrespectful.  Surely, they know that their antics will be publicised?  Obviously, they chose to take this ordeal to the media and challenge the authorities that handsomely pay their way.  Of course, the irony is that neither one of these characters is worth their contract; neither one is an important contributor- just a drag on the team ability to acquire other players who can.

Future cap hits

Thomas

2010:  $9,407,280
    2011: $10,408,120

Springs

2010: $3,257,280
    2011: $3,757,280

http://patscap.com/futureyears.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Thomas- No apology needed:
    [QUOTE]I just finished reading the Globe article on Thomas. It made me think back of Bill Parcels and the types of things he would say about creating a winning organization. He would say something like" you have to find out who is in your corner. Who get's it". Parcels guys would show up early to work. They wanted success as much as the coach does maybe more.  "Motivation is for kindergartners," Thomas said. "I'm not a kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that's like, 'You're expelled until you come back and make good grades.' Get that (bleep) out of here. It's ridiculous. ... I don't know, teaching tool? I don't know. I can't figure out what Bill thinks or knows."  "I mean, I could've been in a ditch," he said. "They really don't give a damn. Hey, as long as you aren't in that meeting, they really don't give a (bleep)."
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

Showing up late is just flat out disrespectful of the team, other players and the fans. ATs level of play is even more disrespectful. Just shut up and do your frakking job.

Sections
Shortcuts