Thomas participates in walkthrough COME ON MAN! STEP IT UP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Thomas participates in walkthrough COME ON MAN! STEP IT UP!

We need the big fella to play some ball. IMHO the sit was to say, "AT, you need to get on the same page with us." He was brought in as a "dominant" Defensive player, some whose name we hear on most plays.

he can not be a middle of the pack, also ran, player; we paid way to much for that.

Here is to hoping he pulls a Randy Moss on us this year and steps it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: Thomas participates in walkthrough COME ON MAN! STEP IT UP!

Not going to happen, he's going to play out his contract and not get hurt in the process.  Win, lose or draw, he's going to get paid, just like Asante'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If the Pats cut him next year what kinda cap hit do they take ? It seems to me his base salary increases dramatically next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

It's hard to really make big plays when your dropping into coverage half the snaps you play.  I really think Adalius has been misused, and if anything its a testament to his versatility that he's been productive at OLB and MLB in the 3-4, 4-3, and sub packages.  There isn't another Linebacker on this team that could do those things, Jerod Mayo included.  Ok maybe he could, but he's also a stud haha.  I wouldn't argue that he has been a bit disappointing this year, but he's at his best when he can get after the quarterback, I live in Maryland and i've seen the guy play at a very high level.  Now sometimes a lack of depth has forced the hand, but imo they need to let Thomas get after the passer more, and let/sign somebody else to drop back into coverage.  You don't pay a guy 35 mil to cover tight ends and plug lane gaps all day, they need to give him more chances to make an impact as a pass rusher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

put AT in every defensive down, on the edge, and let him do what he does best. find other people to fill in where necessary.

he'll show he's worth the monies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If he can get after the Passer like he did in Baltimore and last year, he would make this defense who is 3rd (2nd IMO, because the Colts have only played 5 games) in points allowed, 6th in all-around defense, and 1st in FF even better. We need a pass rush, this D is good and it can be better. 

Come on, AT! You had a good season last year, show Mayo and Guyton how you play LB - not that they need the help. The fact that the Pats had to bring in another LB is disrespectful to you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I don't see Thomas as being the player that he should be, with his physical skills and contract amount.  Yes, the defensive scheme may prohibit him from doing some of the things that he is capable of, but too often, I have seen him miss the tackle, lack hustle and display a "let somebody else do it" attitude.  Obviously, BB saw something he didn't like or why the inactive status?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas participates in walkthrough COME ON MAN! STEP IT UP!:
    It's hard to really make big plays when your dropping into coverage half the snaps you play.  I really think Adalius has been misused, and if anything its a testament to his versatility that he's been productive at OLB and MLB in the 3-4, 4-3, and sub packages.  There isn't another Linebacker on this team that could do those things, Jerod Mayo included.  Ok maybe he could, but he's also a stud haha.  I wouldn't argue that he has been a bit disappointing this year, but he's at his best when he can get after the quarterback, I live in Maryland and i've seen the guy play at a very high level.  Now sometimes a lack of depth has forced the hand, but imo they need to let Thomas get after the passer more, and let/sign somebody else to drop back into coverage.  You don't pay a guy 35 mil to cover tight ends and plug lane gaps all day, they need to give him more chances to make an impact as a pass rusher.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

Good post, I agree, he is being miss used and should be set up where he can be the best that he can be. I am sure this doesn't make him real happy and hurts a potential HOF career

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Yea, i agree also, if bill wants him to be productive then let him do what he does best... Over the years he's done everything, including playing spots where hes not dominant just to cover the team... I usually agree with whatever bill does but not this one. Unless there is something that is going on behind the scenes, i dont think AT should have been benched. Let him pass rush all game, i think he'll b productive.
    I apply the same logic to Maroney too, All the injuries, and lack of carries is what has screwed up maroney. To get him going, u need to feed him alot of carries, he gets confident, and he starts running with authority. There are RB's like morris who can come in and be effective, but there are also alot of RB's that need the carries to be effective, and i think maroney is that type of player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from acobb12. Show acobb12's posts

Is anyone but me upset that BB seemingly hasn't even spoken to AD as to the real reason he was left off the roster? Has Bill become so superior to his players (and news media) that they don't deserve some type of respect? "It is what it is" is a ridiculous answer to anything and brims with disrespect.. Can you see Tony Dungee saying that?
    He's played the easiest schedule of any team and has lost 2 already, both with new coaches. What's he all high and mighty about??? A few more losses and his players will throw him under the bus quicker than you can say "anyone seen a gray hoody?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Yeah...I would really like to see more pressure on the QB but our LB's are usually in pass coverage.  I think we have a good enough to start taking more risks, but its all up to BB.

I think this sunday we will blitz more against the bucs.  They have an inexperienced qb behind center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas participates in walkthrough COME ON MAN! STEP IT UP!:
    Is anyone but me upset that BB seemingly hasn't even spoken to AD as to the real reason he was left off the roster? Has Bill become so superior to his players (and news media) that they don't deserve some type of respect? "It is what it is" is a ridiculous answer to anything and brims with disrespect.. Can you see Tony Dungee saying that? He's played the easiest schedule of any team and has lost 2 already, both with new coaches. What's he all high and mighty about??? A few more losses and his players will throw him under the bus quicker than you can say "anyone seen a gray hoody?"
    Posted by acobb12

How do you know Belichick has not had a dozen closed-door meetings with Thomas?  

What team do you root for?  It's obviously not the Patriots.  Better stick to your own team's boards.

Sections
Shortcuts