Thomas really ticks me off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Thomas really ticks me off

Remember when the Pats signed this guy?  He was supposed to be the biggest fish in the (free agent) pond that year.  Although I give the Pats an 'A' for effort, the signing was a complete bust.  Year after he has the time/practice to absorb the system, we're talking about not having a legitimate pass rusher.  In addition, this guy has eaten a good chunk of the cap.  Quite frankly, it's as if this "silent" LB never played, which leads up to...Why all the fuss; why all the money?  Of course, the rookie, Mayo, has made a much bigger splash.  All we seem to get out of Thomas is a bad attitude and a level play that could be substituted by any number of LB's as a fraction of the cost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: Thomas really ticks me off

This will be his last year with the Patriots.Thomas is due a hefty raise in 2010.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

I agree  Thomas has to be the worst FA signing under Belichick's reign due to the money invested in Thomas. If we didn't sign him maybe Sammuel would still be in NE. This sign hurt us at more than just LB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

He's just playing out his contract, as Asante said "Get Paid".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas really ticks me off:
    I agree  Thomas has to be the worst FA signing under Belichick's reign due to the money invested in Thomas. If we didn't sign him maybe Sammuel would still be in NE. This sign hurt us at more than just LB.
    Posted by wmo1679

Good point...would certainly prefer Samuel- no doubt.  Let's face it, Tully and a few others appear to be a much better option than Thomas.  What's ticking me off is the LB's attitutde...seems to be a malcontent.  This guy came with a huge billing.  Unfortunately, Pats fans never got to see what it was all about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Time for him to go, I think he gets cut next year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Don't worry, he will be gone this off season. A move that is a couple of years too late!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by wmo1679

It's not so much the lack of performance as measured by statistics that upsets me about this huy. You can actually see him exert very little effort to get to the QB. He looks like he does not think he can get to the QB so he'll just give it a first effort and just gives up on the pay when stopped. Just watch him and you'll see what I mean.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas really ticks me off : It's not so much the lack of performance as measured by statistics that upsets me about this huy. You can actually see him exert very little effort to get to the QB. He looks like he does not think he can get to the QB so he'll just give it a first effort and just gives up on the pay when stopped. Just watch him and you'll see what I mean.
    Posted by seattlepat70

I couldn't help, but toss in quotaions from the recent Thomas article about not getting to the meeting int time.  Perhaps, it's the same way on the field for him?  After all, "it's not the Jetsons; he can't jump in and fly."

"Motivation is for kindergartners" (Thomas).

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/adalius_theres.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

and if he had finished his tackle and held on to Manning the Pats would have won the SB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

trade him for anything! I dont care if we get a 7th round pick out of it or some bum but trade him DO NOT CUT HIM! He will go play for the Jets, where he will be back with his old coach and old system and he will be a good player again and we will have to face him twice a year forget that! trade him to the Lions for a laundry machine I dont care but dont cut him and let him pick where he plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Laundry machine . . .

Ha!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

FYI: the projected cap hits for this malcontent, non-performer, are:

2010: $9,407,280
    2011: $10,408,120
    2012: UFA

http://patscap.com/futureyears.html

(Last updated on Sept, 12, 209)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

his attitude is bad, and with these latest comments, he has just punched his ticket out of here.  not that he cares.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Maybe Ray Ray was in the right on his feud with Thomas a few years back.

Sections
Shortcuts