Thompkins odd man out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Thompkins odd man out?

Do to our surplus of receivers this might have to happen during training camp.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/21/nfl-rumors-new-england-patriots-cut-kenbrell-thompkins-in-training-camp/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Thompkins odd man out?

It's going to end up being either Boyce, Thompkins, or Amendola gets the short end of the stick depending on who clicks with Brady. I can see a case for any of them to be cut as imo Dobson, LaFell, and Edelman all have spots unless they really mess up in camp so that leaves 2 spots open and I don't think Amendola is guaranteed a spot considering he couldn't get on the same page as Brady at the end of the season. And before people say well he was injured, well he took a fairly good number of snaps so why play him if he was injured to the point he wasn't going to help the O and you knew it? Why not play Thompkins if that was the case. I think Brady lost faith in Amendola in the end and Amendola just couldn't recover.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Dobson may be on the PUP until week 6.  There are always injuries and underperformers.  Also the TE area is weak so maybe an extra WR to fill the void?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dobson may be on the PUP until week 6.  There are always injuries and underperformers.  Also the TE area is weak so maybe an extra WR to fill the void?

[/QUOTE]

All possible.  Far too early to tell.  I am sure BB is going into camp with very few preconceptions.  He'll let performance on the field decide. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Hey, it's all about competition in BB's world....you survive or die...it's how KT made the team and started last year...why should this year be any different...survive or die, next man up, and all that good stuff...

Don't cry KT, COMPETE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All possible.  Far too early to tell.  I am sure BB is going into camp with very few preconceptions.  He'll let performance on the field decide. 

[/QUOTE]

no doubt...seemingly will come down to numbers. for instance does the Lafell signing have more of an effect on Blount resigning or Bolden making the team? keeping 3 QB's on the roster? Devlins spot...and on and on...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He sucks.  There is a reason he was undrafted.  He had that one awesome catch.  Other than that, he was either running the wrong routes or dropping passes.

Beat it, Thompkins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Too many variables to know what will happen.

First there will be competition in camp. LaFell is not guaranteed a spot any more than Thompkins.

Second... dont sell any of the rookies short on making strides into this year

Third... there very well may be PUP list issues and so someone might last into the season but maybe not to the end of the season (which also might end up as someone coming back later after an injury to another player)

Fourth... are they not possibly changing IR rules?

When all is said and done I think Thompkins will look good in preseason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

We won't know for sure until there is some clarity on the Dobson situation.  If AD falls into the Ras-I club of getting injured falling over yard stripes then there may still be a roster spot for KT.

Old and injured is one thing; young and injured is worrisome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

The more I think of it KT prob will be gone, we'll just draft a tall wide out in the late rounds or the massive amount of picks we get for our first rounder. It's been great! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

When you do not perform, fans talk about you like this..  you are a gonner in their eyes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

thats the way it works :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

These things have a way of working themselves out...there will be injuries, disappointments, surprises...and unexpected guys who emerge. Who knows? They may still draft a guy who may be better than all of these guys. I do agree that Thompkins looks like he has the longest way to go in terms of talent, but to start last season he may of been one of our better players...maybe he comes back better than we all expect? I doubt it.