Thompkins Rough Background

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Thompkins Rough Background

I guess Cesario will take the fall if Thompkins pulls a Hernandez.  Hope, he learns from Hernandez' situation and stay clear of trouble.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/07/kenbrell_thompkins_rescues_himself_from_woes

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Thompkins Rough Background

"But make no mistake. Football didn’t save Kenbrell Thompkins. He saved himself."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

I guess Cesario will take the fall if Thompkins pulls a Hernandez. 

Although the AH situation will certainly make them take a closer look at kids coming from rough backgrounds, it won't be the only chance the Pats take moving forward. Remember, AH was supposed to follow the same path out of trouble....

Sounds to me like this kid has turned the corner several years ago....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I don't think that was a troll post, just a poster being cautious after AH, and hoping for the best.
    I don't want them to change their approach towards players with a troubled background, people in general deserve a second chance. But guys with a background like Thompkins will cause a little acid in the stomach in this post-AH era.

Maybe not fair against Thompkins, but that is just how it is.

Supra societatem nemo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

I don't think that was a troll post, just a poster being cautious after AH, and hoping for the best.
    I don't want them to change their approach towards players with a troubled background, people in general deserve a second chance. But guys with a background like Thompkins will cause a little acid in the stomach in this post-AH era.

Maybe not fair against Thompkins, but that is just how it is.

Supra societatem nemo

agree in bold

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

oh, and in case noone noticed, the article specified that Cesario was instrumental in signing him. Whether that is true or not - I thought it was hilarious/amusing because if Thompkins did get into trouble - Cesario would fall on the sword. You don't think they stated that without it's intended purpose of absolving BB or Kraft of any blame.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Although the AH situation will certainly make them take a closer look at kids coming from rough backgrounds, it won't be the only chance the Pats take moving forward. Remember, AH was supposed to follow the same path out of trouble....

Sounds to me like this kid has turned the corner several years ago....

And, the more power to him if he has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm good buddies with Thompkin's cousin who's going to play DB for Temple this season, if you don't know where they came from, don't judge.  We've had gang members or troubled souls on our team before who left it all behind and became positive contributors to the team and society in general.  Some of these guys are nice guys who did whatever they had to to survive, they've been looking for a way out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Actually, you don't really know. Noone really knows what happens away from the football field. I'm sure some people change, I'm guessing most don't - you just don't find out about it unless they get caught.

It's like saying BB isn't aware of all the Patriot players on the roster who do steroids - therefore, none of them use steroids. Trust me. He knows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Class, let's all welcome little* Kenbrell to Professor Hoodie's school for wayward boys!  If all goes well, he's going to get training for a job.  The job consists of getting hit so hard that he flies through the air and lands on his head, and then he gets up and does it again. 

*You've seen the size of the other dudes, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I'm good buddies with Thompkin's cousin who's going to play DB for Temple this season, if you don't know where they came from, don't judge.  We've had gang members or troubled souls on our team before who left it all behind and became positive contributors to the team and society in general.  Some of these guys are nice guys who did whatever they had to to survive, they've been looking for a way out.

I agree Wozzy, just as long as their past doesn't include drug running, murder, rape, major assault (ie person needed to be hospitalized), or woman abuse then you have to give them a second shot. UNLESS you have evidence that says they didn't leave their life behind them. In otherwords they didn't try to escape but brought it with them, like Florida needing to post security because of Hernandez bringing his gang friends to practice with him. But this kid looks like he left it behind him when he went to college. Now that being said, if they even get a sniff of the kid returning back to that life he needs to be gone immediately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree Wozzy, just as long as their past doesn't include drug running, murder, rape, major assault (ie person needed to be hospitalized), or woman abuse then you have to give them a second shot. UNLESSyou have evidence that says they didn't leave their life behind them. In otherwords they didn't try to escape but brought it with them, like Florida needing to post security because of Hernandez bringing his gang friends to practice with him. But this kid looks like he left it behind him when he went to college. Now that being said, if they even get a sniff of the kid returning back to that life he needs to be gone immediately.

That's just it though. I don't think the Patriots would necessarily let them go if they did know.  I think it might depend on how good that player is. Let's say another guy with Hernandez' talent or the talent of a Ray Lewis was on the team.  I think the issue would be pushed to the limit....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]
    I agree Wozzy, just as long as their past doesn't include drug running, murder, rape, major assault (ie person needed to be hospitalized), or woman abuse then you have to give them a second shot. UNLESSyou have evidence that says they didn't leave their life behind them. In otherwords they didn't try to escape but brought it with them, like Florida needing to post security because of Hernandez bringing his gang friends to practice with him. But this kid looks like he left it behind him when he went to college. Now that being said, if they even get a sniff of the kid returning back to that life he needs to be gone immediately.

That's just it though. I don't think the Patriots would necessarily let them go if they did know.  I think it might depend on how good that player is. Let's say another guy with Hernandez' talent or the talent of a Ray Lewis was on the team.  I think the issue would be pushed to the limit....

[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree, I just hope that after the Hernandez incident that they don't take the risk and cut ties earlier rather than later. With Hernandez it would be interesting to know how much they actually knew about the prior incidents and how far they were willing to push it. With Thompkins given the situation even if he's talented if they get the notion of another Hernandez situation brewing they should, doesn't mean they would, just let him go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Oh I agree, I just hope that after the Hernandez incident that they don't take the risk and cut ties earlier rather than later. With Hernandez it would be interesting to know how much they actually knew about the prior incidents and how far they were willing to push it. With Thompkins given the situation even if he's talented if they get the notion of another Hernandez situation brewing they should, doesn't mean they would, just let him go.

We'll likely never know. Well, mebbe after BB retires and he writes a biography or something (but with his personality, I doubt it...lol).

In addition, even if BB and Kraft knew something important in Thompkins case and he did something horrible (which I doubt will happen) - the buck would stop at Cesario. Think Ollie North...lol.