Thompkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Thompkins

Too me he is key in this playoff run because of the injuries to Gronk and Dobson. I like the Edelman/Amendola combination, but those guys are underneath types that can be shut down. I want this kid to give us something outside. I want this kid to be able to catch balls in the cold, in tight coverage...can he do that? He has those young legs and has shown he can play a little. Brady trusted him at one point earlier in this season - he is coming off an injury, but has had four weeks to get healthy. In my opinion they are drawing up 5-7 new plays for this guy in this offense. I think there will be some variations on some of those routes he is used to running. I could see a pump fake going his way, a reverse, maybe a fleaflicker...the questions is, can he do it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Thompkins

agree. KT is a slippery slant runner and can come up big on 3rd downs. he also can run deep too. i hope you're right about them maybe drawing up certain plays for him. i have faith in him making the plays needed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

This is his channce to cement his place on the team next season. We need a big play WR, he has done some decent stuff this season. Hope he gets more targets next week.

Don't forget Collie is back too, he may get some targets-he's been clutch this season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

This is his channce to cement his place on the team next season. We need a big play WR, he has done some decent stuff this season. Hope he gets more targets next week.

Don't forget Collie is back too, he may get some targets-he's been clutch this season

Good points, this post season will go a long way towafor his future here. If he can go out there and do it that would be huge for him, and us. Collie will be interesting to watch, at least he knows where to go and can hang onto the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

agree. KT is a slippery slant runner and can come up big on 3rd downs. he also can run deep too. i hope you're right about them maybe drawing up certain plays for him. i have faith in him making the plays needed

He is a good slant runner, very fast/explosive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

He is a good slant runner, very fast/explosive.

[/QUOTE]

yes, i've always seemed to describe it as slippery. he gets very low and explodes quickly and just looks.... slippery..

the only knock on him i have is the double catches and body catches a lot of passes. but he has great release off the line

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I don't think KT is a stretch the field WR anywhere close to the capabilities of Dobson. KT has 4.5 to 4.6 speed and agree with Joe above that his strengths are quick slants or 10 to 15 yard outs. Don't see him as a true deep threat who would consistently require deep safety help and not a stretch the field type WR. He also seemed to regress toward the middle of the year when Dobson passed him on the depth chart.

Any insights from anyone on Dobson? Maybe the Pats hoping he can be ready for the AFC title game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It looked to me like Thompkins could turn into anoterh Branch - or a Brtanch like player. Not sure it can happen now but he has made strides. Will he be healthy and ready to give a payoff caliber effort? Of course we hope so. ANd if he is you could be right that he blossoms at just the right time. But if he can just add some key plays like a few 3rd down and long conversions and a few big gainers he could be a difference maker.

I guess cap hell is never having to say you have talent on your roster like the Pats have. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He sucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Is Dobson out for the playoffs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

He sucks.

Why? Explain you disparage towards him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

I don't think KT is a stretch the field WR anywhere close to the capabilities of Dobson. KT has 4.5 to 4.6 speed and agree with Joe above that his strengths are quick slants or 10 to 15 yard outs. Don't see him as a true deep threat who would consistently require deep safety help and not a stretch the field type WR. He also seemed to regress toward the middle of the year when Dobson passed him on the depth chart.

Any insights from anyone on Dobson? Maybe the Pats hoping he can be ready for the AFC title game?

Yeah some good points. I'm not saying he is a true burner, but I do think/hope he has enough outside speed to give the middle of the field a little room for Edelman. Who knows about Dobson? I'm figuring with that foot injury he wouldn't be able to help in the next game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Dobson hasn't been practicing but it's kind of odd they haven't placed him on IR while they did put Boyce on IR. Pats are so tight lipped with injuries but maybe they're hoping he can return at some point.

I saw something where Mike Reiss speculated a few days ago that AD would be placed on IR but can't find it now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Having either Thompkins or Dobson or both will be a big help.  If we don't have either of those two, we are pretty short on larger receivers and that could be a disadvantage in the red zone.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"Stretch the field " WR's are completely overrated, guys get open deep because of play action, guile and miscues by the defense, not because some receivers are magic. 

We won two Super Bowls, one with Troy Brown and one with David Givens as our main receivers.  Whoever we field from our current crop will be good enough.  I hope Dobson comes back because he adds gravy to an otherwise tasty dish of talent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Is Dobson out for the playoffs?

He would be IR if he was, no? He might play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

Yeah some good points. I'm not saying he is a true burner, but I do think/hope he has enough outside speed to give the middle of the field a little room for Edelman. Who knows about Dobson? I'm figuring with that foot injury he wouldn't be able to help in the next game.

Not a true burner but I do think he can more separation on the outside than JE or DA. The question is will it be enough to open stuff up over the middle?

It's bad enough the D has been decimated but the O is quickly catching up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

IMO the Pats really need both Thompkins and Dobson if they want a good chance at the Super Bowl...otherwise they are relying on quite a few short receivers, and do not have any guys who are true outside WRs (I know Edelman can line up outside, but he is still more of a slot guy).

However, I think they can get by with just one of them if they need to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He sucks.

We've been over this...he's Brandon Lloyd, but much worst. He runs slants and comebacks, that's all, and he's not very good at either. Can't get seperation, not very good at running routes, not a very diverse route tree.

So many things to not like about this guy, why do you guys like him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

He sucks.

We've been over this...he's Brandon Lloyd, but much worst. He runs slants and comebacks, that's all, and he's not very good at either. Can't get seperation, not very good at running routes, not a very diverse route tree.

With Dobson injured (and return in question) and Boyce out he's the best we have left. I like Dobson over KT and think Boyce has a lot more upside but this hasn't translated to the field yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He sucks.

went deep against Saints, made the winning catch. will get better

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I think we need a TE (Mulligan/Hoosyourmomma) to step the f**k up and catch 4 or 5 balls.  I like KT and think he will add something.  Dobson has been a complete bust so far this year so I already expect nothing from him.  That's even if he plays. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He sucks.

went deep against Saints, made the winning catch. will get better

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Gotta love these posts about marginal contributors suddenly becoming the key in the playoffs

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts