In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

-everyone is in a rhythm and is used to hitting and getting hit. They know where they are supposed to be and what is expected of them. Now the coaches put the players in positions to see who is not the best players, but who can most help the team win. 

-I have full confidence Mallett would be very good and this team would win if he is called upon

-I have full confidence in Gostkowski and he is a very good FG kicker. He will miss 5 FG's this year, but will be very good from 45 on in. 

-I am a believer that Scar is an amazing coach. But I prefer this team to carry 8 OL not 7

-I still think some moves are needed for the DT position. Bernard has played well, and is versatile to play inside and out, but he is not big enough. Pats need another big DL

-Mesko should be the choice

-after Brady, the offensive player I have most been impressed with has been Vareen

-think about that last statement. At 36 years old, Brady every day has been the best performing player on the field, every day! I did not see the Eagles practices, but did see the Tampa players. Brady was the best player on the field from both teams. 

-I hope this comes out the right way. Amendola is very, very good. That is most obvious. It is also clear that the 3 young guys are very talented and could perform very well. And then you see and watch Vincent Jackson and drool. Why couldn't the Pats get a guy like this in Brady's tenure, to play with Brady and under BB? More so than Moss, this guy is amazing, and Freeman and Rivers never maxed out what this guy can do. 

-Josh McD will be a head coach again. And soon, maybe not here (I hope he isn't. I want BB at least another 10 years)

-Collins will be a pro bowl player some day

-Chandler Jones will make the pro bowl this year. Ditto Solder

-Wendell has grown on me. He had not in spite of his fine season last year

-Mankins again looks like a top 5 OL in the league. He did not last preseason

-I will be criticized (again) but I don't see it with AWilson. Perhaps now is the time with practice closed that BB puts Wilson in specific spots to maximize what he does well, but he does a lot of SS things simply average. I am higher on TWilson than it appears most are

-I think MCole has made this team. Ditto Bolden. 

-I have to check the rules, but does Ras have any practice squad time available? To my eye, whenhe has been on the field, he is very good. 

-Talib started very, very strong, but tapered off. I think he is ready however

-Arrington did not impress me this preseason. Hope the games show differently

-Hightower. Don't sleep on him. Could be better than Mayo

UGH.  With regards to Vincent Jackson, how much does he make? How much does Brady make?

Do you realize this league has a salary cap? When has BB ever paid a WR that kind of money, especially with who else he had to pay here?

What team has ever won a SB with a WR at 14 million per? Answer? ZERO

Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc. Ain't happening.  Outside of needing to pay your Pro Bowl QB, doing it with a WR too, is moronic.

Chicago with Brandon Marshall? Nope. Ain't winning a SB with that kind of money invested and Cutler due.

Dallas with Dez Bryant? Wait until he comes due off of Mike Wallace's bloated deal. MIami? Ain't winning a SB.

THANK YOU BB.  THANK YOU.

Vincent Jackson, 2nd round draft choice (61st pick) played 6 years on his rookie contract.  

Umm, yep, but he spent a lot of time hurt and what did SD earn with him there? Nothing. One AFC title appearance.

So, he used his stats to leave to the highest bidder and SD never kept him.

That's the danger with that position. We've seen our own WRs use Brady and his status here. Branch, Givens, Moss, etc.

Now Welkie.

BB concedes the idea that WRs in FA will use their cache to cash in.  Hence, bidding on Vincent Jackson in FA is moronic (unless you can somehow control the deal within your budget like he did with Ocho).

Why do you think BB resigned Gronk and Hern so quick? To avoid losing them to FA due to wild prices.

Jackson's first 3 seasons for receptions:

3, 27, 41 and 59.

His best season came in 2009 and then he only played in 5 games in 2010 before looking for the big contract in 2011, where he held out as a guy with an injury history.

I'd rather have Amendola at 6 mil thank JAckson at 12 million.

Bludgeoned.

first of all Jackson is playing this season at $3m...his contract then escalates the next 3 years.

I never, ever said the PAts should have signed him as a FA...did I? I said I wish the Pats had a WR here like him during Bradys tenure

I stand by my original comment. I would have loved to see TB with a WR like Jackson at one point in his career.  

Umm, were you in a coma from 2007-2010?  Randy Moss was here. He's a HOFer.  Jesus. Just give it up already with this subtle excuse train you and other run here for Brady choke jobs in playoff games or SBs.

The board is tired of it.

Moss was great...I will never deny that, but he was a 1 trick pony. I would have liked to see some one like Jackson, Marshal or the like here. Maybe 1 day Harrison turns into something like that

I think the board is tired of you and your Brady trolling!

[/QUOTE]

The forum is just plain tired of Rusty,  he needs to take a long break from this place.  His trolling, his false accusations, his attacking, name calling, it has all got worse the past 5-6 months and now it's getting even worse the past few weeks.   I don't think anyone here appreciates or likes anything he brings to the forum.  Heck, every now and then he would post something worth reading, not anymore.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Thoughts after last practice that the public and media will see

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

[QUOTE] 

Umm, were you in a coma from 2007-2010?  Randy Moss was here. He's a HOFer.  Jesus. Just give it up already with this subtle excuse train you and other run here for Brady choke jobs in playoff games or SBs.

Moss was great...I will never deny that, but he was a 1 trick pony. I would have liked to see some one like Jackson, Marshal or the like here. Maybe 1 day Harrison turns into something like that

You'd rather have Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson over Randy Moss? Hmm.

When Moss was in his prime he could tell the DB what he was going to do and still burn him. And this was prior to the anti-pass defense rules.

What's wrong with a one trick pony when he can't be stopped? Jax and Marshall are great players but Randy is in a different league than those guys imo.

[/QUOTE]

Whoa. I never said that....I said I would have liked to see Brady have a WR like Jackson here. I would have loved to see Moss here, and have a WR like Jackson develop here from the draft that had his size, speed and talent. 

Never said didn't want Moss. Never said spend the $$$ on Jackson in free agency. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

You'd rather have Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson over Randy Moss? Hmm.

When Moss was in his prime he could tell the DB what he was going to do and still burn him. And this was prior to the anti-pass defense rules.

What's wrong with a one trick pony when he can't be stopped? Jax and Marshall are great players but Randy is in a different league than those guys imo.

Whoa. I never said that....I said I would have liked to see Brady have a WR like Jackson here. I would have loved to see Moss here, and have a WR like Jackson develop here from the draft that had his size, speed and talent. 

Never said didn't want Moss. Never said spend the $$$ on Jackson in free agency. 

Gotcha.
    Thanks for the practice updates, always enjoyable. Any thoughts about Cunningham? I heard he's looked pretty good but we have heard that for the past 3 years!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Thats a sobering assesment. Ive been saying all offseason we havent done enough on the Dline in terms of getting a tackle. Dissapointing to hear about A.W. esp because he is the only real saefty on the team with veteran experience and leadership. I hope they find a way to hide him on the field so he can provide his smarts but im really hoping he is just taking it light in camp and will burst on the scene when reg. season starts. I dont think Arrington is worth the money he got but we got him either way. Im excited more so for the offense but I feel the defense isnt that much different and not much is gonna change, sorry I just dont see it. I expect improvement but the system is the same so its gonna be moderate. Lets hope the run game allows our D to rest more.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

sobering? really? I thought the opposite...this is the deepest and most talented team I have seen here in maybe 4-5 years. Lots of young HIGH upside players as well. The future is VERY bright, with some nitpicking on DT depth and SS issues. Very talented coaching staff, top notch ownership...imagine if Gronk was healthy and Hern was available? This team would be the OVERWHELMING favorites for the SB.  

I am also directing this reply to Woozy and Rusty who continuously twist my free agent comments in the off season to an I am "anti Pats...quite the contrary.

Idk, i think its sobering to me a bit. Reason being, your statment in bold has been the case for a while now and to think we may be going into another season without those 2 issues fixed IS indeed sobering. Think about it. everything else you mentioned has been in place for a long time. Very Good coaching top notch ownership. last year we had Gronk/Hernandez, Jones, Hightower,etc. IN the past few years a lot of 1st years players regressed in their 2nd years but some want me to believe Jones and HIghtower are gonna be nigth and day better. These guys are who they are. Sure they will come back more experienced and may know their role better, but I saw the same BBDB defense last week and I guess I dont see much changing. You woud think we just inherited San Frans defense. We got the same players with additions of 2 guys. One you think may  not make the team and the other in which u believe he needs more help behind him. Yes, thats sobering to me. We lost the last SB we played in partly because we had poor secondary play, namely the safety position. 2 years ago, we cut 3 core guys and BB went into the season with Josh Barret as a starter(1st round bust who hasnt been healthy in denver and never played) and now we still have a lot of questions back there with one guy playing with a bad shoulder, another guy thats old and 2 guys  most think were reaches rounded out by Gregory. How hard is it to draft a safety who can play the position correctly? Did all these other teams go to mars to get their safeties?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

AGree. I figured it out though. Once he gets past his Brady trolling and his BB b**l washing, he has nothing. Zero. Not a thought about the team at all. He is speechless, which for him on this board is utter failure. He wants to follow me around like a little poodle and converse with me, but I don't mind. I enjoy making him look like an idiot.

I don't think I have seen a single thread ever from him that added anything good, insightful or fun to the forum.  He just argues with everyone and clutters threads up with his trolling, name calling and bashing. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

OK, you're a GM and it's draft day and there's Randy Moss, Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall all available, all just out of college, who are you taking?

For me, Moss is first by a very long way. On talent Marshall is second, that's assuming he isn't going to get arrested or beat up women or all that other nonsense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

OK, you're a GM and it's draft day and there's Randy Moss, Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall all available, all just out of college, who are you taking?

For me, Moss is first by a very long way. On talent Marshall is second, that's assuming he isn't going to get arrested or beat up women or all that other nonsense.

I am taking Moss. Doesn't stop me from wanting a target like Jax or Marshal as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Thats a sobering assesment. Ive been saying all offseason we havent done enough on the Dline in terms of getting a tackle. Dissapointing to hear about A.W. esp because he is the only real saefty on the team with veteran experience and leadership. I hope they find a way to hide him on the field so he can provide his smarts but im really hoping he is just taking it light in camp and will burst on the scene when reg. season starts. I dont think Arrington is worth the money he got but we got him either way. Im excited more so for the offense but I feel the defense isnt that much different and not much is gonna change, sorry I just dont see it. I expect improvement but the system is the same so its gonna be moderate. Lets hope the run game allows our D to rest more.

sobering? really? I thought the opposite...this is the deepest and most talented team I have seen here in maybe 4-5 years. Lots of young HIGH upside players as well. The future is VERY bright, with some nitpicking on DT depth and SS issues. Very talented coaching staff, top notch ownership...imagine if Gronk was healthy and Hern was available? This team would be the OVERWHELMING favorites for the SB.  

I am also directing this reply to Woozy and Rusty who continuously twist my free agent comments in the off season to an I am "anti Pats...quite the contrary.

Idk, i think its sobering to me a bit. Reason being, your statment in bold has been the case for a while now and to think we may be going into another season without those 2 issues fixed IS indeed sobering. Think about it. everything else you mentioned has been in place for a long time. Very Good coaching top notch ownership. last year we had Gronk/Hernandez, Jones, Hightower,etc. IN the past few years a lot of 1st years players regressed in their 2nd years but some want me to believe Jones and HIghtower are gonna be nigth and day better. These guys are who they are. Sure they will come back more experienced and may know their role better, but I saw the same BBDB defense last week and I guess I dont see much changing. You woud think we just inherited San Frans defense. We got the same players with additions of 2 guys. One you think may  not make the team and the other in which u believe he needs more help behind him. Yes, thats sobering to me. We lost the last SB we played in partly because we had poor secondary play, namely the safety position. 2 years ago, we cut 3 core guys and BB went into the season with Josh Barret as a starter(1st round bust who hasnt been healthy in denver and never played) and now we still have a lot of questions back there with one guy playing with a bad shoulder, another guy thats old and 2 guys  most think were reaches rounded out by Gregory. How hard is it to draft a safety who can play the position correctly? Did all these other teams go to mars to get their safeties?

[/QUOTE]

But it is nitpicking. Every team in the NFL has some spots. Pats have fewer than most anyone. 

I have to think if Armstead is not IR'd he plays at some point. I also have to think BB signed Wilson with a plan in mind. To think Wilson was coming in and playing a pro bowl S was not in the cards. BB has a specific thought on how he wants to utilize him, and they will work on it the next few weeks in practice. It's on Wilson to see if he can execute BB's vision. If he cannot execute it, I don't see him making the team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

But it is nitpicking. Every team in the NFL has some spots. Pats have fewer than most anyone. 

I have to think if Armstead is not IR'd he plays at some point. I also have to think BB signed Wilson with a plan in mind. To think Wilson was coming in and playing a pro bowl S was not in the cards. BB has a specific thought on how he wants to utilize him, and they will work on it the next few weeks in practice. It's on Wilson to see if he can execute BB's vision. If he cannot execute it, I don't see him making the team. 

yea but weve had plent of time to fix the warts. People need to realize we get to the playoffs every year because of Brady and his ability to lead this offense and BB's coaching and ability to create turnovers and redzone stops. Our secondary is still thin, IMO and I dont look at guys like arrington as assets. As it stands now, neither Arrington or Talib were drafted by BB. We have McCOurty at S, but what if he stuck at CB? still no FS? Byrd, Goldson, Delmas, Moore, R.Jones, etc have all come thru and played well but we need how many tries in the draft? If Wilson doesnt make the team, we have the same 2 CB's back there playing safety, one in gregory who cant even stay with TEs and neither is an intimidator. I know why we lose in postseason. Those issues are still here, IMO. Bolden and Torrey smith were able to catch all these balls on us due to not being scared to go over the middle. WHo cares about 2 185 CBs roaming back there? Bolden weighs over 200....

meanwhile our leading WR was rendered useless with one big hit and same with our lead back. WE Need Hitters!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

-everyone is in a rhythm and is used to hitting and getting hit. They know where they are supposed to be and what is expected of them. Now the coaches put the players in positions to see who is not the best players, but who can most help the team win. 

-I have full confidence Mallett would be very good and this team would win if he is called upon

-I have full confidence in Gostkowski and he is a very good FG kicker. He will miss 5 FG's this year, but will be very good from 45 on in. 

-I am a believer that Scar is an amazing coach. But I prefer this team to carry 8 OL not 7

-I still think some moves are needed for the DT position. Bernard has played well, and is versatile to play inside and out, but he is not big enough. Pats need another big DL

-Mesko should be the choice

-after Brady, the offensive player I have most been impressed with has been Vareen

-think about that last statement. At 36 years old, Brady every day has been the best performing player on the field, every day! I did not see the Eagles practices, but did see the Tampa players. Brady was the best player on the field from both teams. 

-I hope this comes out the right way. Amendola is very, very good. That is most obvious. It is also clear that the 3 young guys are very talented and could perform very well. And then you see and watch Vincent Jackson and drool. Why couldn't the Pats get a guy like this in Brady's tenure, to play with Brady and under BB? More so than Moss, this guy is amazing, and Freeman and Rivers never maxed out what this guy can do. 

-Josh McD will be a head coach again. And soon, maybe not here (I hope he isn't. I want BB at least another 10 years)

-Collins will be a pro bowl player some day

-Chandler Jones will make the pro bowl this year. Ditto Solder

-Wendell has grown on me. He had not in spite of his fine season last year

-Mankins again looks like a top 5 OL in the league. He did not last preseason

-I will be criticized (again) but I don't see it with AWilson. Perhaps now is the time with practice closed that BB puts Wilson in specific spots to maximize what he does well, but he does a lot of SS things simply average. I am higher on TWilson than it appears most are

-I think MCole has made this team. Ditto Bolden. 

-I have to check the rules, but does Ras have any practice squad time available? To my eye, whenhe has been on the field, he is very good. 

-Talib started very, very strong, but tapered off. I think he is ready however

-Arrington did not impress me this preseason. Hope the games show differently

-Hightower. Don't sleep on him. Could be better than Mayo

UGH.  With regards to Vincent Jackson, how much does he make? How much does Brady make?

Do you realize this league has a salary cap? When has BB ever paid a WR that kind of money, especially with who else he had to pay here?

What team has ever won a SB with a WR at 14 million per? Answer? ZERO

Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc. Ain't happening.  Outside of needing to pay your Pro Bowl QB, doing it with a WR too, is moronic.

Chicago with Brandon Marshall? Nope. Ain't winning a SB with that kind of money invested and Cutler due.

Dallas with Dez Bryant? Wait until he comes due off of Mike Wallace's bloated deal. MIami? Ain't winning a SB.

THANK YOU BB.  THANK YOU.

Vincent Jackson, 2nd round draft choice (61st pick) played 6 years on his rookie contract.  

Umm, yep, but he spent a lot of time hurt and what did SD earn with him there? Nothing. One AFC title appearance.

So, he used his stats to leave to the highest bidder and SD never kept him.

That's the danger with that position. We've seen our own WRs use Brady and his status here. Branch, Givens, Moss, etc.

Now Welkie.

BB concedes the idea that WRs in FA will use their cache to cash in.  Hence, bidding on Vincent Jackson in FA is moronic (unless you can somehow control the deal within your budget like he did with Ocho).

Why do you think BB resigned Gronk and Hern so quick? To avoid losing them to FA due to wild prices.

Jackson's first 3 seasons for receptions:

3, 27, 41 and 59.

His best season came in 2009 and then he only played in 5 games in 2010 before looking for the big contract in 2011, where he held out as a guy with an injury history.

I'd rather have Amendola at 6 mil thank JAckson at 12 million.

Bludgeoned.

first of all Jackson is playing this season at $3m...his contract then escalates the next 3 years.

I never, ever said the PAts should have signed him as a FA...did I? I said I wish the Pats had a WR here like him during Bradys tenure

I stand by my original comment. I would have loved to see TB with a WR like Jackson at one point in his career.  

Speak for yourself Gladys

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am going to give Rusty some credit. He is reading these comments, and trying to control himself. He understands everyone dislikes him, and wants him out, so he is cooling it for now. He will jump all over anyone critical of BB and he will follow me around. Other than that he is being careful as he realizes everyone wants him out. Credit him for realizing he really is disliked. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Moss all day long. When he was young there was nobody like him...Marshall and jackson didnt come close...I would take a young moss over megatron as well. I think there is Rice, then Moss then everyone else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I'd rather have a healthy Gronk than ANY WR who ever lived.

I love Gronk, but I would take Jerry Rice in a heartbeat, just look at his career numbers, see how far away he is from his closest competition, and then realize, this wasn't just a regular season star. He put up crazy numbers in some of the biggest games of his life too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

-Arrington did not impress me this preseason. Hope the games show differently.

That's because he should be flipping burgers at Burger King and not on an NFL roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

All those other teams? There are few really good safeties in the NFL. Brandon Meriweather was a 2-time pro bowler after all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AGree. I figured it out though. Once he gets past his Brady trolling and his BB b**l washing, he has nothing. Zero. Not a thought about the team at all. He is speechless, which for him on this board is utter failure. He wants to follow me around like a little poodle and converse with me, but I don't mind. I enjoy making him look like an idiot.

I don't think I have seen a single thread ever from him that added anything good, insightful or fun to the forum.  He just argues with everyone and clutters threads up with his trolling, name calling and bashing. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope. I sniff out troll work.  Like yours, RKraps, Hurls, Shizzles/Triple OG, etc.

Don't troll and you won't see me expose your troll work.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, you have never exposed me for one thing.  Troll!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If being consistent and being right means I am "disliked", then great! 

Yes, you are a consistent liar and you are consistently wrong when you assume things about people, and you are consistent with your trolling and agenda here.  Yep!  You are consistent alright!!  And you are disliked because of it all!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Moss!!!!

Man, toss up with Jackson and Marshall.  I might play it safe with Jackson just due to off the field stuff with Marshall.  But if that wasn't an issue I would take Marshall over Jackson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Again boy wonder...yes, I will concede Brady has been un-Brady like in the recent postseason, but we are able to play in the postseason mainly due to Brady's play in the regular season. No Brady, no playoffs. That simple Beatrice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Moss over Marshall and Jackson.  Think the pass rush will be improved this year.  Jury's still out on safety play. 

Other than that thread pretty much went south.