Thoughts from Super Bowl week...Fox Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ok, OK, I'm a Pat fan first but a 49er fan too so I'm still mending & trying to get over the Pats' losing to the Ravens & then the 49ers not getting revenge.  Same happened last year when 2 bonehead fumbles let the Giants beat the Niners & then the Pats didn't get revenge for me and themselves for the SB loss 2 years ago. I am putting Ray Lewis' team in the hate category with the NY Giants,  Lakers & Yankees.

Peter Schrager   Updated Feb 9, 2013 3:27 PM ET

After a week in New Orleans, I returned back home to my apartment in New York City with a notebook full of goodies. I spoke with several players, coaches, front office personnel and drunk football fans on Bourbon Street. These — most important, the drunk football fans — are my sources.

49er fans have a right to be upset with the officiating in Super Bowl XLVII

After a day of recovering from the ol’ “File a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

I actually had no problem with the officials not throwing a flag on the final fourth-and-goal pass play to Michael Crabtree. Jerome Boger’s crew hadn’t thrown flags on plays like that the entire game, and to do so there, would have been uncharacteristic to the way the past 58 minutes had been called. The refs were bad. But at least they were consistently bad.  

The play that got me was the Jacoby Jones kick return touchdown to start the second half. Go back and watch the footage and keep an eye on 49ers fullback Bruce Miller, No. 49. Two RavensBrendon Ayanbadejo (No. 51) being one of them — not only hold Miller, but they do things that’d be illegal on the street in 50 states.

Here’s the screengrab of the hold, courtesy of my buddy Pete Prisco.

This was the most egregious no-call than any of the passing plays Jim Harbaugh, Michael Crabtree and the rest of the 49ers players and coaches were screaming about on the sideline all game. But that kick return … wow, Bruce Miller’s still feeling violated for what the Ravens did to him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Thoughts from Super Bowl week...Fox Sports

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Ok, OK, I'm a Pat fan first but a 49er fan too so I'm still mending & trying to get over the Pats' losing to the Ravens & then the 49ers not getting revenge.  Same happened last year when 2 bonehead fumbles let the Giants beat the Niners & then the Pats didn't get revenge for me and themselves for the SB loss 2 years ago. I am putting Ray Lewis' team in the hate category with the NY Giants,  Lakers & Yankees.

Peter Schrager  Updated Feb 9, 2013 3:27 PM ET

After a week in New Orleans, I returned back home to my apartment in New York City with a notebook full of goodies. I spoke with several players, coaches, front office personnel and drunk football fans on Bourbon Street. These — most important, the drunk football fans — are my sources.

After a day of recovering from the ol’ “File a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

I actually had no problem with the officials not throwing a flag on the final fourth-and-goal pass play to Michael Crabtree. Jerome Boger’s crew hadn’t thrown flags on plays like that the entire game, and to do so there, would have been uncharacteristic to the way the past 58 minutes had been called. The refs were bad. But at least they were consistently bad.  

The play that got me was the Jacoby Jones kick return touchdown to start the second half. Go back and watch the footage and keep an eye on 49ers fullback Bruce Miller, No. 49. Two Ravens — Brendon Ayanbadejo (No. 51) being one of them — not only hold Miller, but they do things that’d be illegal on the street in 50 states.

This was the most egregious no-call than any of the passing plays Jim Harbaugh, Michael Crabtree and the rest of the 49ers players and coaches were screaming about on the sideline all game. But that kick return … wow, Bruce Miller’s still feeling violated for what the Ravens did to him.

refs were fine-besides throwing out a typical soundbyte from a media w*nker exactly why were they bad? what calls exactly beyond that one? where was the game disrupted? were the refs incongruous and too noticable? prove ur point with facts and specifcs-but thats not the media, they just want emotional reactions

-ultra critiquing the officials is now the hobby of silly fans being told what to think by the modern media...especially now with super hd and 50 cameras everywhere, a guy picks hs nose and we all see it and then a bunch of non-athletes talk about it 24 hrs a day to moronic bored fans-the refs and umps today are better than ever considering the unbelievable digital scrutiny

besides after the mugging on 4th down vs falcons in the nfccg no 49ers fan should be too upset

btw no blackout = ravens rout

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

The play that got me was the Jacoby Jones kick return touchdown to start the second half. Go back and watch the footage and keep an eye on 49ers fullback Bruce Miller, No. 49. Two Ravens — Brendon Ayanbadejo (No. 51) being one of them — not only hold Miller, but they do things that’d be illegal on the street in 50 states.

refs were fine-besides throwing out a typical soundbyte from a media w*nker exactly why were they bad? what calls exactly beyond that one? where was the game disrupted? were the refs incongruous and too noticable? prove ur point with facts and specifcs-but thats not the media, they just want emotional reactions

-ultra critiquing the officials is now the hobby of silly fans being told what to think by the modern media...especially now with super hd and 50 cameras everywhere, a guy picks hs nose and we all see it and then a bunch of non-athletes talk about it 24 hrs a day to moronic bored fans-the refs and umps today are better than ever considering the unbelievable digital scrutiny

besides after the mugging on 4th down vs falcons in the nfccg no 49ers fan should be too upset

I guess you have no choice but to maintain this tune given what everyone with two-eyes witnessed between the O-line & D-line on the Tyree miracle. 

I know you'll go to great lengths to defend your Jints, but there were 2-3 egregious holds on that play right in front of the officials. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I guess you have no choice but to maintain this tune given what everyone with two-eyes witnessed between the O-line & D-line on the Tyree miracle. 

I know you'll go to great lengths to defend your Jints, but there were 2-3 egregious holds on that play right in front of the officials. 

yeah yeah...keep grasping at straws because you can't beat us

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

After a day of recovering from the ol’ â€ÂÂœFile a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

Grasping at straws? Hardly. 

Your offensive-line broke a clearly stated rule 2-3 times on one play, very obviously, right in front of the officials and their lack of a call resulted in a sequence that ultimately helped you guys win the game.

No one said you had to like the Pats, but let's at least show some objectivity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

LOL, Poor guy is sulking about the Patriots and 9ners losses, and dreigvver wants to drudge up the past with jints fan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Got to move on folks because you ain't changing history!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

After a day of recovering from the ol’ â€ÂÂÂœFile a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

Your offensive-line broke a clearly stated rule 2-3 times on one play, very obviously, right in front of the officials and their lack of a call resulted in a sequence that ultimately helped you guys win the game.

oh yes the above shows objectivity in spades

give it up u lost-every time

go be "objective" with the teams u can beat

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

After a day of recovering from the ol’ â€ÂÂÂÂœFile a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

I'm being totally objective... You guys won on a one-in-a-million play. You still won, and that's what counts. Congrats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

After a day of recovering from the ol’ â€ÂÂÂÂÂÂœFile a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

I'm being totally objective... You guys won on a one-in-a-million play. You still won, and that's what counts. Congrats.

no we won b/c tom brady spent the whole day on his a**

and gee no one ever still mentions the other 3rd and longs (11, 12 and 15) eli converted on that drive and the wonderful way he changed the play at the line the minute he saw hobbs on plaxico

alas gotta go the classless route...maybe one day

then again it's been 5 years so it may never happen..alas

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

After a day of recovering from the ol’ â€ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂœFile a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

and gee no one ever still mentions the other 3rd and longs (11, 12 and 15) eli converted on that drive and the wonderful way he changed the play at the line the minute he saw hobbs on plaxico

But you also won because of an absurd, one-in-a-million play. That isn't a critcism, it's simply the truth. Great play by Tyree, good job by Eli to get the ball near Tyree.

Your defense has a unique  and effective gameplan, Brady and McDaniels didn't adjust early enough, and ultimately you guys had enough in the tank to pull it out in the end. 

No excuses... never was making any. As I said, I think I was being rather objective. Congrats Jints... for those 4 quarters you guys had the better team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

After a day of recovering from the ol’ â€ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂœFile a column from the press box at 1 a.m., catch a cab to New Orleans hotel, catch a cab from New Oleans hotel to airport, sleep for two hours at gate, then board a 6:00 a.m. flight back home” move, I watched Super Bowl XLVII on the NFL’s All-22 film and couldn’t get over an atrocious no-call in the game.

But you also won because of an absurd, one-in-a-million play. That isn't a critcism, it's simply the truth. Great play by Tyree, good job by Eli to get the ball near Tyree.

Your defense has a unique  and effective gameplan, Brady and McDaniels didn't adjust early enough, and ultimately you guys had enough in the tank to pull it out in the end. 

No excuses... never was making any. As I said, I think I was being rather objective. Congrats Jints... for those 4 quarters you guys had the better team. 

now THAT sounds objective!  :  )

i appreciate the congrats but that was 5 yrs ago and a fond part of history and i have moved on-to be honest moved on from 46 too, more concerned about 2013 just like u guys

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just find that for the most part calls don't win or lose games - it evens out - now sometimes on rare occasions it might, but usually it comes down to how the game was executed. The 49ers weren't ready for prime time during the first half of that Super Bowl, give the Ravens credit, they were. I really don't feel sorry for the 49ers - they played sloppy for 30 minutes of a 60 minute game. The Ravens played lights out for 40 minutes of that game and during the other twenty minutes they took the 49ers best punches and were still standing. I thought it was a great game, it kind of reminded me of the Rams/Titans Super Bowl from 10 plus years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I just find that for the most part calls don't win or lose games - it evens out - now sometimes on rare occasions it might, but usually it comes down to how the game was executed. The 49ers weren't ready for prime time during the first half of that Super Bowl, give the Ravens credit, they were. I really don't feel sorry for the 49ers - they played sloppy for 30 minutes of a 60 minute game. The Ravens played lights out for 40 minutes of that game and during the other twenty minutes they took the 49ers best punches and were still standing. I thought it was a great game, it kind of reminded me of the Rams/Titans Super Bowl from 10 plus years ago.

u could say a TOP 10 Superbowl