Thoughts on HOU?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Thoughts on HOU?

There defense has given up a lot of yards and points the last two games...However, they won both games.

On one hand, you can say that defense is not as good as it seemed...but it also looks like this team has the mental to come back in the fourth quarter twice in five days.

Do you think more highly of blowout wins or winning even when you don't play your best?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Thoughts on HOU?

If watt can be blocked Tom Brady will kill that D. They will be playing catch up most of the game.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Highly beatable.  Got real lucky yesterday, and barely got by last week.

Brady will shred that defense.  Houston not a SB bound team.  AFC will be either the Pats or the Ravens, imo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady will shred that defense.  Houston not a SB bound team.  AFC will be either the Pats or the Ravens, imo.

[/QUOTE]

I am gonna lean towards NE or DEN

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I'd say the Lions pretty well handled the Texans yesterday like they haven't done against anyone else.  Brady should have a record day.  The Texans won because of some stupid rules and the Lions TE is not be confused with any of the TE's the Pats have.  Pettigrew is worthless and can never catch a ball.  Then when he does he lets a little DB take it away from him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good team. Obviously they are not unbeatable. Their general lack of postseason experience might be their downfall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

One of the strangest OTs I've ever seen. It looked like both teams decided to let the other one win. Houston won because the had the first series in the OT that didn't end with a screwup.

Could we beat Houston and the 49ers and win out the season? Yes we could. I'm more concerned with entering the playoffs with a healthy roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the strangest OTs I've ever seen. It looked like both teams decided to let the other one win. Houston won because the had the first series in the OT that didn't end with a screwup.

Could we beat Houston and the 49ers and win out the season? Yes we could. I'm more concerned with entering the playoffs with a healthy roster.

[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm honestly convinced that as long as we go into the playoffs healthy (Gronk, Jones, etc.), we will be fine, bye or no bye.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

schaub seem to locked on johnson most of the time. If we take him away and foster we win. Yesterday Watt double teamed and rest couldnt do much. Lions were moving the ball well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I think both Atlanta and Houston have peaked early and both are beatable for their conference rivals. Pretty happy with the Pats D lately. Be even happier when it peaks last week in January.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

One and done

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think the weather is going to be a factor to both Houston and SF games. SF has to travel to the East Coast too. It gets cold here at night, its going to be even colder in a couple of weeks.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if HOU is better off on the road than at home.

Taking the crowd effect out, I think reliant stadium better suits teams like DEN and NE than HOU

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I said earlier that Houston peaked early, kind of like the 2007 team did. I think Coach Scar will come up with a plan to keep Watt away from Brady. Without the heavy pass rush Brady will pick them apart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

After 2 weeks playing scrubs teams and barely winning both, i think they come into patriot nation and get spanked.

They shouldn't have won the detroit game, they need to thank the NFL fr that one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

not yet.  Mebbe after Dolphins game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Houston still looks pretty solid to me. The Pats in the early 2000's used to win ugly all the time. You can't blame the Texans that Detroit's head coach brain farted. The Pats have been feasting off of bad coaches for years. The AFC eas,t other than the Pats, has been populated by bad coaches one after another. Rex is actually one of the best in the division over the past 10 years. If he knew half as much about offense as he does about defense the Jets may have lived up to their hype at least once.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think if you block Watt you can beat them. They have a good offense, but how's their QB going to play in the post season? Has he even played in it before?

They lost their middle line backer ealier this year and he was a real solid player - they haven't been the same since, but they keep winning. I wish we could get them here because I'd love our chances at home in the cold. Either way I think it wll be a matter of, can Brady keep up with their offense? Because unlike most teams, this one can put up a lot of points...in a lot of different ways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am gonna lean towards NE or DEN

[/QUOTE]

Houston has been beatable since they lost Cushing.

I think Baltimore and Houston are at this point very winnable away games in the playoffs.

Since the first few weeks of the season when NE struggled both Balt and Houston have been eeking by and winning lucky. NE is still getting better each week with an arguably better overall talent pool than last year.

Baltimore is worst than last year , Pats are better.

BB will get a good look at Houston in regular season that will bode well for a potential playoff matchup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Houston has been beatable since they lost Cushing.

I think Baltimore and Houston are at this point very winnable away games in the playoffs.

Since the first few weeks of the season when NE struggled both Balt and Houston have been eeking by and winning lucky. NE is still getting better each week with an arguably better overall talent pool than last year.

Baltimore is worst than last year , Pats are better.

BB will get a good look at Houston in regular season that will bode well for a potential playoff matchup.

[/QUOTE]

Agree

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Houston's depth does not yet allow them to over come the mounting injuries, although it seems Joseph is on the verge of ready. 

Balt success depends on if they play at home or not. 

Pats can't let up and seemingly need to win out to secure home field. Home field is the road to the SB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

. Home field is the road to the SB.

[/QUOTE]

Except for the NYG