Thoughts on Pats Season Record:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record:

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record::
    [QUOTE]Sniff Sniff..I smell Varmint Poooontang
    Posted by Huggybear999[/QUOTE]
    I dont get it. We are having some fun going back and forth with some Pats banter. Agreeing to disagree, sometimes getting hot under the collar with passion. I understand you have absolutely nothing to say and you cannot lend any intelligent credence to the conversation. Why come to these boards to post pictures? WHat am I missing that a person would read these posts and say nothing but post a picture? If you have nothing to say, don't you have anything to do?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : I dont get it. We are having some fun going back and forth with some Pats banter. Agreeing to disagree, sometimes getting hot under the collar with passion. I understand you have absolutely nothing to say and you cannot lend any intelligent credence to the conversation. Why come to these boards to post pictures? WHat am I missing that a person would read these posts and say nothing but post a picture? If you have nothing to say, don't you have anything to do?  
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

Go get your shine box!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe because Chung played at Oregon and not Maine, and was the #34th overall pick in the 2009 draft? All of a sudden a Bears cast off in McGowan is so good (even though he lost his job to Sanders), but one dimensional play here last year in a half of season is not going to be surpassed? This is your logic? You expect Chung, one year in, as the #34 overall pick in 2009, a highly rated Safety, to only HOPE to match McGowans's starts in half the season last year? Sorry, not buying that analysis.  This is where I think you are a troll.  Of course, we don't know, but Chung showed me more quickness, athleticism and versatility last week alone than McGowan did all year last year and that is without gameplanning! Chung actually looked good understanding concepts in his role, as limited as that was last year. He had an INT, blitzed some and learned.  I expect his mind to catch up with this body this year. Pass rush wise, TBC played all 3 downs last year on the right side for the most part. He proved he could be a good starter in this league last year. Forget about trying to play troll on that one, because it won't work.  He produced more than Pace in NY or Suggs in Baltimote last year and TBC wasn't considered be on a better D than Pace or Suggs in a 3-4. You lose here. As for Wright, this just comes down to how you feel about Jarvis Green.   Clearly, if Green is the starter, BB felt he would produce. Green was hurt a lot last year (an ankle I believe), which hurt  his leverage on the edge.  Mike Wright is a big boy, actually with a better body type for leverage on the edge. I have no issue with Wright here and don't see it as a downgrade.  At best, this is even.  There is a reason why Green wasn't a starter here or only used as a sub rusher, and that is not a knock on what Green did here. Depth is an issue in this area, no question, but I am not buying this will be a regression as compared to last year. Heck, even Wilfork had health issues last year which was rare for him. You other failure here is you don't get what a 3-4 is and what it means to have players be versatile, know the system and how that ties into scheming easier.  This equates to more of a pass rush. BB didn't scheme more from 2003-2007 because of talent, he did so because of familiarity with personnel. This is the point. Do you know why BB schemed so well in 2001?  He had guys who had played with him before! Ty Law, Milloy, McGinest, Bruschi, Pleasant, Hamilton, Otis Smith. See?  He brought back Otis my Man, signed Terrell Buckley, Pleasant and Hamilton specifically because he knew he could call plays where they'd know what to do. This is the point. Continuity.  They had a lot of turnovers that year. Note how when BB opened this up in New Orleans, the new players playing with one another, failed.  They failed because it was new and because New Orleans was really, really good. He then started Sanders for McGowan, Springs for Butler and although their D remained vanilla,  it kept them in games. Finally, Dean Pees is no longer here. Only someone who didn't see Pees here would pretend BB overseeing Patricia on every play call is WORSE than defaulting to a failed Dean Pees here again in 2010. Him being let go is an upgrade in itself. I don't live in the area anymore, so I only get up to maybe 1 game per year via my uncles seats down low.  Just hang around here during the season and don't run away. I stand by my comments. My concerns as always revolve around health and the hopes they can get lucky with injuries, because they sure didn't last year. Or the year before. This explains the 10+ wins, where it may have been 12 or more, especially in 2008 without Brady there. I am shocked that you attend 8 home games per year and think a Brady led team is worthy of a .500 season.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]
    If memory serves me correctly, I believe that I have seen every home game of Bradys including playoffs. While I do not question him, I do question the interior lineman, and the running backs (partly due to the Ol and partly due to age). I am also not yet sold that the new TE's are ready, and my son attended UNC, making me a fan of them, even attending parents weekend games 2 years in a row. I didnt see the production of Tate at that time as a WR, and I am still on the fence on him at this time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I am currently 10 minutes from UNC, have family who attended undergrad there and will be hitting the Clemson game this season.   I know Tate. Saw him play. It's not like the guy had a good QB at Carolina to get him the ball. Franklin St.  One of my favorite college strips in the country. NE has questions marks, but there are so many teams have who as much or even far more than this team. I find it amazing you watched Brady play live for this long and don't get it yet.
    I was at the 2007 game and Tate did not catch a pass that day. He seemed to be on the field only 50% of the time and shared WR duties with Nicks and Foster. I was also at the 2008 game and he did catch 1 pass.
    I guess I dont get it after watching Brady live after all these years. What I do see from Brady:
    -if he feels a WR is not in the right spot, he doesn't throw to him
    -if he feels the pressure from the middle, his throws tend to sail high
    -he lost confidence in Watson even though Watson played well early in the year
    -he lost the "whom ever is open is my favorite reciever" mentality.
     The Koppen/Neal and Koppen/Kaczur interior was poor in pass protection. I saw Brady slide step more last year than any previous year. Not sure if that was a problem, or recovering from the surgery was the problem, but last year was his least accurate year throwing. I think he made more poor throws last year than every other year combined.
    Btw, I thought Macgowen, regardless of his college, and regardless of his lack of drat status, played near pro bowl level last year in the first half of the season. Whether it was injury or other factor, he did slide the 2nd half no doubt. 
    Seems you are also making a lot of assumptions on the team with out ever seeing them play other than NFL package or Dish Package. You seem to be over valuing a lot of the players (Warren was available for every team for quite a time before Pats signed him) Also a lot of talk that Hernandez slid not really due to the drug issue, but also because he is a tweener, not really a TE (can't block a lick) and not really a WR (not fast enough)..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : Russ, I thought I explained my position on the Pats clearly and mostly on point. Not to be positioned on the band wagon, but have you bothered to check out Reiss, Breer, Bruschi, Finn B Williamson, M Sando or any other football journalist that covers the Pats directly, or the AFC East? They seem to concur that the Pats have major flaws on both lines, and zero depth. Everyone mentions the schedule as killer. You seem to disagree. I can't seem to draw it out of you why you disagree, other than because BB is the coach and Brady is the QB. And that last years team was good against the run. Some one else also chimes in that the Pats have not lost 8 games this decade (tell that last year to the Giants)  Your buddy ewhite puts up nice pictures, but has no opinion on the Pats that he can muster....just pictures. Lets ask again...why will the Pats win 10-12 games other than BB is coach, and Brady is QB? Can you offer something intelligent? Or simply post pictures, call me troll or misidentify me as some one else?  
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

You explained it, you are a TROLL...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]Drunk1, I have lived out of market with the NFL Ticket for 6 years.  Please do not talk down to me. While you are paying $150 to go to Kraft's games, I am watching more football than you ever will on a Sunday. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are again leaning towards troll status. If you have a son in college at age 18+, this means you are at the very least in your late 40s, which means you were born sometime in the 1960s, growing up with the 1970s Pats. And 1980s. And early 1990s. And now, here you are in 2010, a supposed season ticket holder, with this litany of complaints? How you can say Brady is not as good as he was is so beyond irratioinal, you definitley come off like a troll more so like someone who is telling the truth. Maybe Brady made poor throws because he has a surggically repared ligament in his leg, where doctors say you don't fully recover from it for 2 years? Maybe missing a full season has an effect? Maybe Bill O'Brien's first year as offensive coordinator hurt the rhythm of the offense?  Maybe Matt Light, Koppen and Neal all being hurt at different times hampered the consistency of the line? Maybe the lack of a decent TE or 3rd WR option hurt Brady as it would ANY QB in this league, including Gomer Manning? Maybe Brady's 2nd best statistical season, with all of these issues, is  A LOT better than your claims say it is? Brady was worse in 2002 than he was in 2009.  If you actually saw him play in 2002, you'd know this. Who cares if Gerard Warren was available for some time?  Maybe his price was too high, and in an unknown CBA market, when NE came calling, he realized his price was too high and took less or what the market would bear? Ever think of that? Is Damione Lewis better than Warren?  I don't think so.  They signed Lewis first.  After a handful of top tier high priced FAs, this wasn't exactly an aggressive FA market like it normally is because of the economy and CBA issues. It's sad that you are in your 50s and I am far more intelligent than you. Sad.
    rusty, guess its best to see how it plays out. right? btw, check out I Rappaports article in the herald today and Breers article in the globe today on what to watch for tonight. tekll me if they are as optimistic as you?
    yes, in my 50's and a season ticket holder since the 80's.
    not as smart as you but glad you drank the cool aid and feel Pats can do no wrong. But can the stats as Brady had a very p[oor year for him last year. Welker and Moss truely inflated his stats, he was off target all year, more than I ever saw of him.
    Why do you lean on injurioes last year for sub par performance, but feel this year they will not have an effect? depleted depth, always a Pats strength, and inexperience could derail the season. 
    If you feel you are being talked down to, that is your problem. I am only telling it as I see it, and I have been seeing it over the past 18 months, including preseason the past 6 few weeks. If you think it will be same old/same old this season, I think you could be very wrong. This is truly a rebuilding effort, and I have so far been not that impressed with the youth being ready. I also saw way too many holes last year that I fear have not been plugged.
    Glad your Dish Tv tells you about Calvin Pace and Terrell Suggs, but I am at Pats practice almost dailey, and I just don't see what you think you are seeing. 
    Does that make me a troll? I dont know, lets see if ewhite has to say. Oh yeah, he has nothing to say  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Give it up Ronk, you can't reason with people on a posting board. 

Like a lot of people I am obsessed with the Pats but unlike some I am not blinded to their weaknesses.  I see a team that will struggle to make the playoffs because they do not have a top notch defense.  I am not afraid of anyone on their schedule but they could go into a funk and miss the playoffs.  I do not think they have improved enough since last season to be a top tier team.  I have no confidence in their ability to stop the off-tackle run, or their ability to prevent long drives.  Their 3rd down stop rate is likely to be in the bottom half of the league.

I hope I'm wrong but 10-6 seems like a likely outcome, with 8-8 much more likely then 12-4.  Still I will be satisfied with 10-6 if the defense is playing better in December than in September.  The offense will be fine but we all know what eventually happens to NFL teams that expect their offense to carry them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]Give it up Ronk, you can't reason with people on a posting board.  Like a lot of people I am obsessed with the Pats but unlike some I am not blinded to their weaknesses.  I see a team that will struggle to make the playoffs because they do not have a top notch defense.  I am not afraid of anyone on their schedule but they could go into a funk and miss the playoffs.  I do not think they have improved enough since last season to be a top tier team.  I have no confidence in their ability to stop the off-tackle run, or their ability to prevent long drives.  Their 3rd down stop rate is likely to be in the bottom half of the league. I hope I'm wrong but 10-6 seems like a likely outcome, with 8-8 much more likely then 12-4.  Still I will be satisfied with 10-6 if the defense is playing better in December than in September.  The offense will be fine but we all know what eventually happens to NFL teams that expect their offense to carry them.
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]
    Ya know what Jimmijazz,
    I want the Pats to win 12 games. I need the Pats to win 12 games. My job takes me to Foxborough, Bristol and NY city A LOT. Do you know what a hard time I have been giving those NY'ers the last 10 years? What with the Pats dominance, the SOx winning twice, the C's 3 year run...even the Bruins have done us proud. I have been KILLING my NY friends for 10 years, especially how bad the Jets, Mets and Knicks have been. Pay back is a btch, and those guys are waiting to kill me on something! If the Jets finish a head of the Pats, I cant show my face in Bristol or NYC again!
    Seriously, I have been around the team a lot over the past 18 mos. It is DEFINATELY a diff team than some of us have been used to.
    1) The aura is no longer there. Teams do not fear playing the Pats. The Brady/BB feeling invincible is no longer there
    2) The Pats no longer have the swagger. They don't EXPECT to win. They lost to the Ravens after the first 5 min's last year.
    3) BB is perhaps the greatest coach ever, but you know what? There is a guy in NY that is a pretty big jerk, but he has his team feeling 10 feet tall and bullet proof, and they are playing damn good defense. There is also another guy in Fla that took a 1-15 team and has them knocking on the playoff door.
    4) This Pats team has a lot of talent. They have BB and Brady. They have Moss. They also have a lot of holes. ANd they have zero depth. And I have been around football enough to know that depending on young players is very risky.
    I am thinking 9 wins and playoffs. 10 wins would be fantastic! To my eye 7-8 wins is much more realistic. These guys thinking 12 wins...I just don't see it. They can call me troll, tell me I have no idea what I am talking about (yet being in the business of football is my livelihood)..I even have Rusty who has never been to a game, and watches Direct TV telling me he is a maven! Never mind ewhite who can't even verbalize, just posts pictures is dogging me!
    Anyways, I will be there at every game, rooting hard, hoping I am WRONG...my heart is hoping for double digit wins....my head is telling me 7-9

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

How about an intriguing 14-2 with a disappointing 1 and done in the playoffs losing to the the despised NY Jets? I am psychic.

Sections
Shortcuts