Thoughts on Pats Season Record:

10-6 sounds about right?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record:

19-0 C Ya in Dallas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

10-6 sounds about right. Optimistically, maybe 11-5, even 12-4 if they find a replacement for Warren and the rookies all play well. That's best case, given their schedule.

6-10 is more likely if neither of the above comes about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record::
    [QUOTE]10-6 sounds about right. Optimistically, maybe 11-5, even 12-4 if they find a replacement for Warren and the rookies all play well. That's best case, given their schedule. 6-10 is more likely if neither of the above comes about.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

I would say 13-3 is a heck of a lot more realistic then 6-10 unless you think Tom Brady has completely fell apart? The all time winningest QB in NFL history doesn't go 6-10 with a HOF coach and a boat load of young draft picks. Not to mention the 2nd best WR to ever play the game. 6-10?

Call me a homer if you want(just kidding about 19-0 up top obviously) and this team undoubtedly has a few questions but they have a heck of a lot more answers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

15-1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I think they'll be about 11-5 or 12-4 with a relatively rough schedule. The young players from last year seem to have worked extremely hard and they look very talented. They seem to have upgraded at just about every position and went 10-6 last year. Brady has had a season under his belt after the injury and they should do better in the red zone with a more balanced attack. That killed them last year. They will be contenders this year. Call me a homer, but I think the team is much better than all the experts are giving them credit for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

13-3.  Paul K says 14-2, but I'll play conservative.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

13-3. Toughest games are at home.

Split with Miami. Sweep Jets. Sweep Bills.

Maybe a loss in Chicago coming off the short week. Toss-up at home against Green Bay. That'll be a shootout and the team with that crucial turnover will lose it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I'll say 11-5, if they can stay healthy, which would be more than enough to win the division.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Anytime you have BB at the head, and Brady as your QB, you're a competitor, simple as that.

Our defense looks rejuvenated and our offense has a plethora of weapons.

If we can finish out games in the second half, and if we can stay healthy, I'm thinking we'll go anywhere from 13-3 to 15-1. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

I like 12-4, with a shot at 13-3. I think the pre-bye games are a major key.
    Not too worried about the Bengals or Bills, but the two early road games against the Jets and the 'Fins are important. Take those two games, start 4-0 with an early bye, and a sweep of your two chief rivals within the division becomes a matter of holding court when they come to Foxboro.
    Even with an extra week to prepare, the Ravens worry me, but at least we have them at home. I am counting that as a close loss at this point. Chargers/Vikings on consecutive weeks is a big order...may split those two.
    Cleveland is improving, but not enough. The Steelers will be tough on their home field, especially with the Pats possibly looking forward to a home game against the Colts (for a change!). Possible split there.
    Chicago on the road, coming off the short week or a solid GB team could account for the last loss.
    I certainly wouldn't suggest an undefeated season, but I honestly see no team on the schedule that the Pats will fear.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

NE PATS 2010 schedule & Results
    (I know a guy who's got this whole  time/space continuum all figured out )

Sept. 12: Cincinnati, 1 pm -   Pats 27  Cinc 24 (T.O catches 2 tds but drops potential game winner ... Oohh dat Butler better get it figured out ! )

Sept. 19: at Jets, 4:15 p.m.  Pats 16  Jets 10 ( Sanchez ends game with red zone pick ...Yah ...Thaz my Butler !)

Sept. 26: Buffalo, 1 p.m.      Pats 31   Buf   6 ( Bills officially eliminated from playoffs)

Oct. 4: at Miami, 8:30 p.m.   Mia 21   Pats 20 (4th qtr meltdown in hot & humid Miami )

Oct. 10: BYE        ( Pats trade Mankins )

Oct. 17: Baltimore, 1 p.m. Ravens 24 Pats 20 ( This time ~ Ravens aerial attack is the difference as Brandon "U-Turn " Merriweather is benched in 4th after allowing back-2-back "mental error " tds to Boldin )

Oct. 24: at San Diego, 4:15 p.m  Pats 30 SD 27 OT ( 3 weeks of agony finally over as  Gostkowski hits from 44 yds out ! )

Oct. 31: Minnesota, 4:15 p.m.    Pats 24 Vikes 20 ( Favre plays but Brady shreds Vikes pourous Dbs ... Anxious moment to start 2nd half when Jard Allen blindsides Brady ... Briefly out but returns to toss 2 td passes to Moss )

Nov. 7: at Cleveland, 1 p.m.       Pats 38 Browns 13 ( Mangini magic ? ... GM Holgrem has seen enough and axes the rat after 0 - 8 start )

Nov. 14: at Pittsburgh, 8:20 p.m Pitt 17 Pats 13   (Unfortunatley... 3 - 5 Steelers pick 2nite to get it right )

Nov. 21: Indianapolis, 4:15 p.m.  Pats 30 Colts 28 (Storied rivalry adds another page as Pats come back from 3 scores down to win on last play of game ~ Gostkowski from 44 again !)

Nov. 25: at Detroit 12:30           Pats 41 Lions 17 ( Still riding the high from the Colts game ~ Brady throw 5 tds to 5 different receivers )

Dec. 6  : NYJets     8:30            Pats 23 Jets 14 (Shonn Green keeps it close but Sanchez turns the ball over 3 times in cold & windy Fox )

Dec 12  : at Chic    1:00            Pats 30 Bears 23 (Pats clinch AFC East as Cutler throws 3 tds / 4 Ints in windy city ...Lovey Smith fired from 3 -10 Bears )

Dec. 19  : Green Bay  8:20         Packers 31 Pats 27 ( Tough Pats loss in Fantasy Football match-up made in heaven ~ 800 total passing yards )

Dec. 26  : at Buffalo  1:00          Pats 20 Buf 0 ( Game over when Pats kick Fg on opening drive ~ Bills manage just two 1st downs entire game )

Jan 2     : Miami        1:00          Pats 16 Miami 6 (Dolphins knocked out of wild card hunt in Snowy Fox as Pats clinch AFC 2nd seed ! )

2010 Patriots  ~ 12 - 4     382  / 279  

TEAM LEADERS        
     BRADY ~  34 tds  /  11 Ints  / 4016 yds
    MOSS ~  14 tds / 1288 yds
    MARONEY ~ 8 tds / 751 yds 
    Gostkowski ~ 28 fgs / 142 pts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Pats never lose back-to-back and they never lose after a bye. That's with Belichick and Brady at the helm. I highly doubt it'll happen this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Still going with 11-5 with a post season win this year. This team will be better than last year as the infusion of youth continues. With next years drafts and the maturation of a lot of young players will get this team back to a year in and year out contender.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

10-6

• They are relying on lots of young players, some of whom have a lot of promise but not too much experience.  They will hit the wall or make rookie mistakes at times.
    • Not sold on the depth of the offensive/defensive lines.
    • Their best running back(s) are in their 30's.
    • Their pass rush from the DE/OLB position will be limited; Banta-Cain is coming off a career year and will get keyed on as one of their only legit sack threats.  Their 2nd and 3rd best options are a guy who missed all of training camp and a rookie. 
    I still think this team is a pass rusher/edge setter and a dominant DE away from being a SB contender.  I think the best years for this collection of players will be the next few.  Anything more than 10 wins and a playoff win or two this year is a bonus. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

19-0

You heard it here second.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The schedule is a bear and I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on the defense. They gave up far too many late leads last season and no matter how you slice it, did not fare well against top competition. Realistically, I think, 10-6 would be a good year. The key will be to avoid the killer injury ( 0 for 3 so far in that department) and to handle their division business. Speculation around here usually is that the Pats tend to improve as the season progresses, and that certainly did NOT happen last season. I'm optimistic the youth movement will come together, but I chuckle quietly to myself when I see people throwing 13-3 or 12-4 up there. When was the last time the Pats beat a good team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

thought 9-7 for quite some time...although promising, too many young players; too many question marks on the "O" and "D" lines...transitionary period for the club this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

14-2 and we will most likely tank the last 2 games of the season because we have everything locked up.Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : I would say 13-3 is a heck of a lot more realistic then 6-10 unless you think Tom Brady has completely fell apart? The all time winningest QB in NFL history doesn't go 6-10 with a HOF coach and a boat load of young draft picks. Not to mention the 2nd best WR to ever play the game. 6-10? Call me a homer if you want(just kidding about 19-0 up top obviously) and this team undoubtedly has a few questions but they have a heck of a lot more answers.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Its a worst case scenario but I stand by that prediction under those circumstances; that is, if the rookies don't work out and they don't find a replacement for Warren.

Without the rookies, we're as weak at WR, TE and ILB as we were last year. Maybe weaker in that we don't even have watson anymore.  RDE was already our weakest defensive position, now we don't have a LDE either? Not only will we have zero pass rush but we'll be shredded by the run week after week. Brady will also be right back to Moss and Welker as his only dependable WRs and we already know how that worked out.

I'm not saying our rooks are all going to fall flat, they're all looking good so fa,. But I am saying that we're really, really depending on them all to get with the program quickly for us to have a winning year.   

As I said, assuming the rooks do all  work out reasonably well and we sign a solid RDE like Schobel, best case scenario  is maybe 12-4, given our tough schedule.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Assuming the team remains relatively healthy (no season-ending injuries to key players on O and D):  11-5, 12-4 with a break or two.

Tough schedule, increasingly competitive division and a relatively young D make for anything beyond 12-4 an uphill climb.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : May I ask what the question marks are on the O Line or D Line?   Also, when was the last time Tom Brady led is team to only 9 wins???
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Russ, it's not like the Pats' O and D line are not the worst in the league but there are lots of questions.

DL: The DE position has been a revolving door since Seymour was traded.  Green is gone, and he was marginal but who will replace him?  Lewis may or may not be a fit.  Brace is a question mark.  T. Warren hurt and G. Warren is a stopgap.  Wright is a good player, but they rely on him a lot and he's not the biggest guy.  Lots of 1st and 2nd year guys that are not sure fire contributours.  Wilfork is the only sure thing, and teams will key on him.     

OL: Kaczur and Mankins will be missed.  Light, Neal and  Koppen are older and all have had recent significant injuries.  Like D line, lots of young bodies on the roster, but do we really know if they are good enough?  Vollmer is the closest thing to a dominant O-lineman they have, and he still has to prove that he is better this year. 

Brady may will this team to 10-11 wins, but there are plenty of unanswered questions on this roster.  Not to say that some of the young guys won't step up or that the older guys won't avoid injury.       

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

8-8. Why?
    Missing Mankins/Kaczur/Warren/Holt
    Age of RB's
    Killer Schedule
    Poor road team
    Thin front 7/young DB's means defense will be on the field for too much time
    Youth/mistakes of offensive weapons Tate/Price/Hernandez/Gronk. Brady has never been one to accept young mistakes. Look for more of the Randy and Wes show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : Oh, I agree those are question areas compared to others, but this is like me saying Indy with their O Line issues, will go 8-8 with Peyton Manning. I mean, that's laughable and I hate Indy.  No way that team does an 8-8 or a 9-7 type thing. A Brady led team is not going .500.  It's just not happening.  They'll win at least 9 games in their sleep.  It's the remaining 3 or 4 others that they'll struggle with against tough competition. I am not saying you said they'll be .500 but considering all that went wrong last year, that was a team that, yet again, was in a rebuilding phase under less than stellar circumstances, and won 11 games (lay down in Houston). So, if we agree here, where is the real concern? Is it truly that differen than what another team is looking at on their own roster? I feel it's because fans don't see the name on the jersey, they don't know how a player plays.  Sure, it's true that some newer players will have to prove themselves, but how will their STs be worse, their pass rush be as bad or worse, will Brady settle for FGs again over TDs? I think all these things IMPROVE, not regress. When BB signed Gerard Warren for example I thought "strange, he's a 4-3 DT".  Now, BB has him using the 4-3 techniques and his using them at DE here. It makes sense now that I see it.  A large body to absorb the blocks, allowing the LBs to finish the deal. Jarvis Green isn't big enough to handle a 3-4 DE for 16 games, hence he why was never a starter  here. I wasn't happy with either Ty Warren or Jarvis Green's performances last year.  I think some just assume since these guys have rings, they are the best option at those positions. As for Mankins, how much of a downgrade is it?  Scarnecchia is superb here.   Connolly has been here for 3 years now and knows what to do.  He's played both Center and Guard which means he has a brain. This is a good thing.  How can any LOLB on this team be worse than Adalius last year?? Mankins, too, is a known commodity and a better producer than either Ty Warren or Jarvis Green.  But, the difference here is he is a Guard. If Mankins was a Tackle or Center, I'd be more concerned. I agree health is ALWAYS a concern for every team and I feel Light and Neal are actually the key to the O Line play, not Mankins.  Vollmer will challenge for a Pro Bowl with Mike Oher and others, and he's a HUGE upgrade over Kazcur. If Light or Neal aren't healthy or go down, then count me as one with serious concerns.  Kazcur is not  missed to me at all. He was terrible last year.  Every concern you have stated above, is a concern every single NFL team has right now. Who will step up, can 2nd year players repeat their performance, who will avoid injuries, how is the depth here or there?  All these questions should be applied to all 32 teams. No NFL team comes into a season as stacked as they think.  NE is in this category, but I am not buying the Mankins or Ty Warren losses as disastrous.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Agreed with most of the above, my larger point being that there are question marks, and whether most or all teams have them, new players need to step up before we can call them legit answers.  I really believe that Brady and the offense is a guarantee for 10 wins, +/-, probably +, depending on how well the guys they've drafted can take the place of those "names" you allude to. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

12-4. 

The offense will be better.

1.  Brady looks much steadier on his surgically reconstructed knee.
    2.  Brady has more targets and can spread the ball around more making them less predictable and demanding that teams cover people other than Moss and Welker.

The defense will be better.

1. The shock of losing Seymour, Bruscki, Harrison, and Vrabel is in the past. 
    2. Safety, conerback, ILB, and OLB have been upgraded.  With the addition of Warren and the subtraction of T. Warren the line is a wash.  (Had Ty not been injured would the line have been nicknamed something like the killer W's or law firm - Waren, Warren, and Wilfork? Just wondering)

Special Teams will be better.

1.  McCourty looks like the real deal.  He could be the best kick returner since Raymond Clayborn.  OK, maybe that is an exageration but the guy looks like a pro already.

12-4, deep into the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts