Thoughts on Pats Season Record:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record:

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record::
    It's a nice trolling attempt, but the more he tried to point to negatives, the more he gets shot down with facts. This season cannot start soon enough.
    Posted by russgriswold

The older I get the more I dislike Baseball, basketball and Hockey. I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights game like it was regular season. Can't wait for college football either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : ^^This is what I am envisioning you looking like as a real life troll.  Just because you use capital letters and repeat the same word over and  over doesn't mean you have anything that remotely resembles a point here. NE has plenty of experience all over the field.  Their starting D Line's youngest player is Mike Wright. Jerod Mayo is now in his 3rd season. Bodden is 28. Merriweather is entering his 4th season.   Plenty of experience all throughout each portions of the field. FACT
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ, I think I am angering you because you know I am right with my predictions! Your point that Mike Wrightis the youngest starting player also proves my point, and that you are clueless. The Pats will emply 7 Players ina D-Line rotation, of which the following will get snaps:
    GWarren-first year in the system
    D lewis-first year in the system
    Pryor-2nd year player
    Brace-2nd year player
    Wilfork-experienced vet
    Wright-experienced vet
    Deaderick-first year player
    Why is it so hard for you to comprehend this fact or if you do comprehend it, why can't you admit it?
    Are you also telling me that Spikes, Mckenzie and Cunningham will not get snaps at LB? Ninkovich? Will he? They are all first year players, or 2nd year in the system (Ninkovich)
    I already made the point, 12 of the 17 players ion the defensive front 7 that will see playing time are either 1st year or 2nd year players in the system.
    What dont you understand?
    Didn't Bruschi and Reiss also convey the same point? Didn't Breer? Is everyone a troll who doesn't predict 11 or more wins? You and some of these other losers need to realize that the division has caught up to the Pats. The days of 6-0 in the East are over.
    I laugh at your observation that 4 players on defense are vets so they will win 11 games! Great observations and analysis! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Thoughts on Pats Season Record::
    10-6 sounds about right? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis

Holy crud, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  13-3 and hoisting the Lombardi when it's over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : As soon as I saw his prediction I knew he wasn't a fan. The Patriots haven't lost 8 games in over a decade and he has them winning no games in the month of October. I'll let you know the next time I find a Pats fan with a prediction that negative.
    Posted by ewhite1065

ewhite, excellant observation!! Pats wont lose 8 games because they havent in a decade!! did you think of that yourself?
    also, glad to hear you are working! in this economy it is very, very difficult for morons top find work

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, yeah.  13-3, includes 2 roastings of the JESTS, and a Prancing Sparkly Pony trampling, THEN the Lombardi trophy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : ewhite, excellant observation!! Pats wont lose 8 games because they havent in a decade!! did you think of that yourself? also, glad to hear you are working! in this economy it is very, very difficult for morons top find work
    Posted by ronk1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

You can't consider yourself a knowledgeable football fan and think the Pats will have a losing record, that is not happening.  This team won 11 games w/o Brady! they have a system and a coach that has a track record of winning, that just doesn't go away overnite.

I see upgrades on many levels, I think the Pats have had 2 back to back solid drafts and we'll begin to see that this year. I'd say 11-5 and another division title.

Offensively this team should be one of the leagues best, if there is any improvement w/ the pass rush this could be a very strong season. Defense is all about the ability to rush the passer in the 4th quarter of games, if they can do that they will be fine!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

CONFESSION: I hated Bill Belichick in 2000.  I didn't like Parcells, and considered Belichick his clone.  Then he began to do things I didn't like.  Then the team didn't win much.  I totally saw he went against what everyone SAID he should be doing, proving he was wrong.  Then 2001 happened.  I have given him the benefit of a doubt since.  He has ALWAYS rewarded me for that, in that I have a team continually in contention.  I think again, nothing he has done met peoples predictions, but NOW I see he is clearly dealing with areas of frustration.  And the first preseason game showed me he means it.  NO WAY LESS THAN 11 games won this year.  WE DIDN'T MOVE BACKWARD FROM LAST YEAR.  WE MOVED FORWARD.  Credible receiving threats opposite Moss, credible TE threats, (please don't tell me Crumpler isn't credible), and the subtraction of Mankins can be overcome.  Burgess was a nice surprise to have back, I'm good with all of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

It is a tough schedule, sixth toughest by last year's records.
    There will be many great games ie close...
    Stuff happens...
    To quote BB, "I just hope we can compete."
    Every game is winnable and every game can be lost, that's why we watch.
    So I say 19-0 and I am not wrong until the first loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

WE DIDN'T MOVE BACKWARD FROM LAST YEAR.  WE MOVED FORWARD.

I'll second that.

Ronk,

We gained exp. in LB's and DB's not even in contention, do you agree?

On the D Line we went from and to-

Wilfork - Wilfork
    Wright - Wright
    T Warren - G Warren - New but veteran player
    Green - Lewis - New but veteran player
    Pryor - Pryor
    Brace - Brace

Now these FA are first year players in this system but are veterans and while it is talked about how BB's schemes are complex ( and I agree ) the D line is less complex to step in and play then either DB or LB.

So thats 3 guys with more experience and are on the upside and two ( who you agreed were on the downside veterans who played like crap last year ) that are gone.

Do you agree with that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

WE DIDN'T MOVE BACKWARD FROM LAST YEAR.  WE MOVED FORWARD. I'll second that. Ronk, We gained exp. in LB's and DB's not even in contention, do you agree?   On the D Line we went from and to- Wilfork - Wilfork Wright - Wright T Warren - G Warren - New but veteran player Green - Lewis - New but veteran player Pryor - Pryor Brace - Brace Now these FA are first year players in this system but are veterans and while it is talked about how BB's schemes are complex ( and I agree ) the D line is less complex to step in and play then either DB or LB. So thats 3 guys with more experience and are on the upside and two ( who you agreed were on the downside veterans who played like crap last year ) that are gone. Do you agree with that?
    Posted by Asher77

yes I do. I have seen the light and now feel 12 wins is very reasonable. Thank you all for showing me the way

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : yes I do. I have seen the light and now feel 12 wins is very reasonable. Thank you all for showing me the way
    Posted by ronk1

Lol, sarcasm alert!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

10-6 sounds about right, give or take a game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: :
    Posted by ewhite1065

Hahahahahaha, good one man.  I haven't seen that pic yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

interesting thread

my worries:
    -schedule
    -DLine
    -OLine
    -injuries

i expect Spikes to contribute and Chung to play great,  ST will improve.

less than 9 wins would surprise me, 9 or 15 wouldn't

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

A few things I am not sure anyone has brought up...

I think that we have some great upgrades on our Offense, and that alone can help us win some of those hard games. Name an Off that we cant go head to head with our group of WR and TE, we can just play back and forth. Brady has always had the ability to get a TD fast, or slow if needed. One of the problems I think we had last year vs. our dominant 16-0 year was that we could not get the redzone plays to TD's. That will be improved this year.

The other thing that we havent really discussed is that assumption that this is a "hard schedule" A lot of these teams would look very different (including ours) if a key player or two went out. 6 weeks into the season we will all have a very different feeling about what teams will be difficult and what ones will be pushovers.

I think that a 13 or 14 win year is possible, with some of those wins coming against "hard" teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : Hahahahahaha, good one man.  I haven't seen that pic yet.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

I was laughing too. He's called "The Mobile Troll". He looks pretty happy for a troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

A few things I am not sure anyone has brought up... I think that we have some great upgrades on our Offense, and that alone can help us win some of those hard games. Name an Off that we cant go head to head with our group of WR and TE, we can just play back and forth. Brady has always had the ability to get a TD fast, or slow if needed. One of the problems I think we had last year vs. our dominant 16-0 year was that we could not get the redzone plays to TD's. That will be improved this year. The other thing that we havent really discussed is that assumption that this is a "hard schedule" A lot of these teams would look very different (including ours) if a key player or two went out. 6 weeks into the season we will all have a very different feeling about what teams will be difficult and what ones will be pushovers. I think that a 13 or 14 win year is possible, with some of those wins coming against "hard" teams.
    Posted by Peduncle72

Lets put some predictions on catches by some of the newbies this SEASON:
    Crumpler-huge asset in the run game. 18 catches for the year
    Gronk-liability as a blocker. 11 catches for the year
    Hernandez-non existant as a blocker.28 catches for the year
    Tate-4th or 5th rcvd on the field depending on where Hernandez lines up. 14 catches for the year
    Price-struggles to make the 45 man game day roster. 
    Expect a lot of pitch and catch with Moss and Welker if they can stay healthy, and Edelman good for 40-50 catches depending on Welkers health.
    Key to the season is Maroney/Morris and the OL. If the OL cannot get Maroney/Morris past the line of srimmage, Pats offense will look a lot like last year   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : Lets put some predictions on catches by some of the newbies this SEASON: Crumpler-huge asset in the run game. 18 catches for the year Gronk-liability as a blocker. 11 catches for the year Hernandez-non existant as a blocker.28 catches for the year Tate-4th or 5th rcvd on the field depending on where Hernandez lines up. 14 catches for the year Price-struggles to make the 45 man game day roster.  Expect a lot of pitch and catch with Moss and Welker if they can stay healthy, and Edelman good for 40-50 catches depending on Welkers health. Key to the season is Maroney/Morris and the OL. If the OL cannot get Maroney/Morris past the line of srimmage, Pats offense will look a lot like last year   
    Posted by ronk1

Lets put some prediction on this: You are a "little richard"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : Does this mean you work part time at the used book store?  heh I am not saying you are not a Pats fan and a troll, Ronk, but are about one step away from one.   You have an incredibly skewed perspective on the 2010 Pats, so I am guessing your analysis with other topics/issues is also wildly out of whack. Good luck.
    Posted by russgriswold

Does the screen name Patstats ring a bell?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Is that him?
    Posted by russgriswold

Tough to say but it's the same rhetoric. He's a pats fan but he has every stat in the world to tell you why they Sukkkk. I think most of these guys are the same person. Interesting thing is the first person they start arguing with is usually you which fits the pattern. You're like a magnet to them Russ because they all gravitate to you like a moth headed to the bug light.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Pats Season Record: : Tough to say but it's the same rhetoric. He's a pats fan but he has every stat in the world to tell you why they Sukkkk. I think most of these guys are the same person. Interesting thing is the first person they start arguing with is usually you which fits the pattern. You're like a magnet to them Russ because they all gravitate to you like a moth headed to the bug light.
    Posted by ewhite1065

And Russ, you are one big bug light! I mean that with all due respect, you are the biggest Pats defender I have met. (That is a compliment) You make my behavior towards troll like underduck look nice. (I do appreciate that by the way.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I am not a fan of ignorance and irrational behavior, lacking perspective.  If someone is that mouthy, you better have your premise in shape and your homework done.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ, I thought I explained my position on the Pats clearly and mostly on point. Not to be positioned on the band wagon, but have you bothered to check out Reiss, Breer, Bruschi, Finn B Williamson, M Sando or any other football journalist that covers the Pats directly, or the AFC East? They seem to concur that the Pats have major flaws on both lines, and zero depth. Everyone mentions the schedule as killer. You seem to disagree. I can't seem to draw it out of you why you disagree, other than because BB is the coach and Brady is the QB. And that last years team was good against the run. Some one else also chimes in that the Pats have not lost 8 games this decade (tell that last year to the Giants) 
    Your buddy ewhite puts up nice pictures, but has no opinion on the Pats that he can muster....just pictures.
    Lets ask again...why will the Pats win 10-12 games other than BB is coach, and Brady is QB? Can you offer something intelligent? Or simply post pictures, call me troll or misidentify me as some one else?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[ar. Upgrades:  Pass rush, Secondary, Special Teams, Run Game, Playcalling, 3rd Option for Brady. Question marks: Depth on the O and D Lines, health, consistency.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]
    Where I disagree.
    Upgrades: Pass rush. With Banta Cain and Wright playing MORE snaps than last year due to injuries and lack of LB depth, I see them not as effective. (Seems most journalists agree). I also see Warren and Lewis as brand new to the 3/4 techinique, and stronger against the run than pressuring the QB (most also agree). While everyone likes the potential of Spikes, Mackenzie and Cunningham, it is extremely difficult for a rookie to come into this system and not make mistakes (Mayo a notable exception). These 3 will see playing time, and mistakes are expected.
    Run Game-assuming no Mankins, Kaczur and continued slippage by Koppen, and Morris, Tayler and Faulk all one year older, how does the run game improve? (Even with Crumpler)
    Secondary-I thought Bodden played very well last year, and hopefully he can maintain that level. If Chung starts, what makes you think that he will play better than Macgowen played in the first half of last year? Hoping Butler, Chung improve, and Mcourtney is first year player. But 3 of the top 5 in the secondary are first or 2nd year players. Will they play better?
    Question marks-we agree. I also would put a question regarding the schedule. I understand that the Dolphins and Jets play the same or more difficult schedule, that is why I mentioned 9 wins WOULD WIN THE DIVISION. 
    Believe it or not, I actually think we are on the same page. You seem to think that the young players will come together sooner than I do. I see all these pluses and minuses as 7-9 wins. You see the same pluses and minuses as 11-12 wins. ewhite see's nothing and says nothing except puts up pictures.
    Like I said yesterday. I am at every game sec 111 7 rows up. Come over in Dec and if 7-9 wins is in the cards, you owe me a beer. If 11-12 wins is happening, I will buy you a beer. in spite of the troll comments, I hope I am buying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

Sniff Sniff..I smell Varmint Poooontang

Sections
Shortcuts